The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

To those who have race changed

Partomax
Partomax
✭✭✭
Hello people! This question is directed towards those who have used a race change or those who have an intimate understanding of how it works. I'd like to know that if when I press race change on a character I can cancel it before I go through with it as I'd like to experiment with a few race's appearances on multiple of my characters before I go through with the change on one. Thanks in advance! ^^
PC/EU - This is a signature
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just create a new character mess with it then apply to whom ever you are changing
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    just create a new character mess with it then apply to whom ever you are changing

All my slots are slots are filled I cannot create a new character
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ah fair enough, been to long to remember to give a definitive answer but i think there is a save button before you finalise
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    but double check
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    but double check

I found a video that showed someone doing it and there was an option to go back but I think that maybe if you go back you still have the race change applied to that character and have to do it, I think that's how it is in WoW, that's what I want to know.
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience , race Change ticket was only used at the final conformation stage after going through the race & apperance menus.
    Edited by Barnicle on August 7, 2019 9:21AM
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Barnicle wrote: »
    In my experance, race Change ticket was only used at the final conformation stage after going through the race & apperance menus.

Thank you! Did you try and go back, though?
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    Yep .. several times :)
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Barnicle wrote: »
    Yep .. several times :)

Alright I just checked myself after this and everything worked as intended! Thanks for your answer, I don't know if I can mark the thread as answered but it is ^^
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    When you use a race change token, the character creation screen comes up. Anything you do will NOT be saved until you click 'Save'. You can cancel it at any time before clicking save and it will revert back to how it was before you clicked the token. (And the token will not be consumed)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partomax wrote: »
    but double check

I found a video that showed someone doing it and there was an option to go back but I think that maybe if you go back you still have the race change applied to that character and have to do it, I think that's how it is in WoW, that's what I want to know.
    Going back simply take you to the previous page, race->body->face cancel will take you out and undo anything.

Note that you can also use them for appearance including sex change, yes here you can use the cheaper appearance change but the free race changes are free.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you have to actually save changes. so test all you want
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can change the appearance but wont save until you click save

8cTCB6M.jpeg
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partomax wrote: »
    Hello people! This question is directed towards those who have used a race change or those who have an intimate understanding of how it works. I'd like to know that if when I press race change on a character I can cancel it before I go through with it as I'd like to experiment with a few race's appearances on multiple of my characters before I go through with the change on one. Thanks in advance! ^^

As far as I know, once you click to race change, thats it, you are taken to character creation and you basically create a new character as whatever race you want.

However I am unsure if, while in the character creation screens, one can cancel at that point. This would be interesting to know!