The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been experimenting with a build that is somewhat a hybrid between damage and support utilizing kena, regen and path. So I can kill people and heal if I want to. I get up to basically 4K spell damage in bgs and today I hit 1mill healing on it. Normally I have balanced stats like 500k heals + damage or I have more heals than damage which is a no brainer since I keep my heals up even when I decide to just kill people.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying Caluurion's on a magblade in small-grp stuff. (Disclaimer: I'm an average PVPer really trying to make NB work as I find it a fun class).

I'm running Slimecraw, Caluurion, and Spinner. I have about a 53% crit rate or so. Is that going to be high enough to reliably proc Caluurion?

That’s plenty. Usually what people do in a setup like that is gank people and use shadowy disguise since it gives a guaranteed crit.

Try this from stealth, as you’re approaching someone to gank them:

elemental weapon from cloak/stealth - LA - flame clench.

You’ll get the buffed elemental weapon damage, Caluurion and clench to all hit near the same time.

If you’re small group I’d suggest resto back bar and use radiating regen for sure. Healthy offering and orbs are good too... just explain orbs to your friends, it’s annoying to use them and people don’t synergize which happens a lot in BGs. I dropped orbs because of that.

The damage orbs if you want to try them is also the only way you can contribute if someone is running a synergy build.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 28, 2020 12:14PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been experimenting with a build that is somewhat a hybrid between damage and support utilizing kena, regen and path. So I can kill people and heal if I want to. I get up to basically 4K spell damage in bgs and today I hit 1mill healing on it. Normally I have balanced stats like 500k heals + damage or I have more heals than damage which is a no brainer since I keep my heals up even when I decide to just kill people.

That’s how I play, though I haven’t broken 1 million healing on my setup. It’s annoying, I’ll always hit 950k healing in the sweaty games.

I’m also using healthy offering and shadowy disguise so am a little glassy, so my main defense is speed which hurts my max stats. It’s a really fun playstyle though, especially because if someone overextends to try to take you out (which always happens and should against good players if you’re healing) you have the punch to take them down.

I don’t have Kena in the weights I want so am using balorgs too. Wish I had Kena.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 28, 2020 12:10PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

That’s how I play, though I haven’t broken 1 million healing on my setup. It’s annoying, I’ll always hit 950k healing in the sweaty games.

I’m also using healthy offering and shadowy disguise so am a little glassy, so my main defense is speed which hurts my max stats. It’s a really fun playstyle though, especially because if someone overextends to try to take you out (which always happens and should against good players if you’re healing) you have the punch to take them down.

I don’t have Kena in the weights I want so am using balorgs too. Wish I had Kena.
    Well I wouldn't go farming Kena just yet. If the proposed changes go through it'll be one of the most useless sets in the game. Right after they made it good too.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

Well I wouldn't go farming Kena just yet. If the proposed changes go through it'll be one of the most useless sets in the game. Right after they made it good too.

Yea, new Kena I don’t think anyone would use except a pvp healer. If Kena works with symbiosis (I haven’t checked) it’ll be a pvp healer staple.

Most of the best abilities I think they tried to put out of reach of damage builds by making them expensive.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 28, 2020 3:42PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The amount of healing output really depends on multiple things; how squishy they are, if they are melee or ranged, if they stay within your healing range, how long matches are dragged out, if there’s another person healing etc.

I’m actually very squishy but speed, movement and heals make up for it. I’ve been thinking about switching to dark cloak too but I’m not sure yet.

Kena is really the highlight of the build , really good set but I’m afraid it’s going to be useless next update.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The amount of healing output really depends on multiple things; how squishy they are, if they are melee or ranged, if they stay within your healing range, how long matches are dragged out, if there’s another person healing etc.

I’m actually very squishy but speed, movement and heals make up for it. I’ve been thinking about switching to dark cloak too but I’m not sure yet.

Kena is really the highlight of the build , really good set but I’m afraid it’s going to be useless next update.

Yea, I’m exactly the same! I have a lot of stupid deaths because I’m not tanky at all, but that’s what makes it fun too - heal well, damage well, tank like garbage so use speed and evade. You get the feeling like when you beat someone as a healer you outplayed them.

I use caluurion and Darloc + Balorg (wish I had Kena). The trick with Darloc is healing abilities break stealth but not crouch, it’s still a ton of micromanagement though because aoes and damage take you out of crouch so you have to constantly hit crouch and not forget.

Today I tried that Pelinals + Darloc + scourge harvester build. It sorta worked... I think Kena is the missing piece but I need 2 medium monster set pieces.

I only played two games, and in both games there was someone who was damage and healing mix so it’s hard to judge the build, but I hit 1.6 and 1.2 million healing. The damage was absolute trash, 200k or so. It was neat using radiating regen and echoing vigor.

Harvester was just because I’ve never tried it, but I didn’t see the proc go off once.

This definitely looks better, going to try it a couple times and gold it out if it performs well.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=213602

Sometimes, especially as a healer, you need to be able to push with your group. One extra person adding an ult or some damage to a push can tip a battle in your favour.

Edited by Iskiab on March 28, 2020 10:49PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, I’m exactly the same! I have a lot of stupid deaths because I’m not tanky at all, but that’s what makes it fun too - heal well, damage well, tank like garbage so use speed and evade. You get the feeling like when you beat someone as a healer you outplayed them.

I use caluurion and Darloc + Balorg (wish I had Kena). The trick with Darloc is healing abilities break stealth but not crouch, it’s still a ton of micromanagement though because aoes and damage take you out of crouch so you have to constantly hit crouch and not forget.

Today I tried that Pelinals + Darloc + scourge harvester build. It sorta worked... I think Kena is the missing piece but I need 2 medium monster set pieces.

I only played two games, and in both games there was someone who was damage and healing mix so it’s hard to judge the build, but I hit 1.6 and 1.2 million healing. The damage was absolute trash, 200k or so. It was neat using radiating regen and echoing vigor.

Harvester was just because I’ve never tried it, but I didn’t see the proc go off once.

This definitely looks better, going to try it a couple times and gold it out if it performs well.

Sometimes, especially as a healer, you need to be able to push with your group. One extra person adding an ult or some damage to a push can tip a battle in your favour.

That’s an interesting setup , I haven’t really done any hybrid builds but seems like a lot of management on a spec that already requires more focus and execution than normal. Could get really frustrating.

I don’t build as a healer , I build to kill and off heal but since spell damage increases healing too I can choose to go straight support. I also have a decent amount of max magic. I basically wanted to build a magblade similar to magwarden except you’re single target.

There might be a better monster set to replace Kena too instead of balorg.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That’s an interesting setup , I haven’t really done any hybrid builds but seems like a lot of management on a spec that already requires more focus and execution than normal. Could get really frustrating.

I don’t build as a healer , I build to kill and off heal but since spell damage increases healing too I can choose to go straight support. I also have a decent amount of max magic. I basically wanted to build a magblade similar to magwarden except you’re single target.

Yea, tried Kena and meh as melee, plus 2H was too hard to build merciless stacks. Way too much micromanagement so I went back to a more conservative setup with fire and swallow soul.

What monster set would you suggest? I’m struggling to decide:
    - I prefer ranged
    - I kite and only dip into melee so that rules out Zaan, plus my pen sucks
    - No dots so no skoria

Maybe just a 2 piece willpower?
    Edited by Iskiab on March 29, 2020 2:02AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, tried Kena and meh as melee, plus 2H was too hard to build merciless stacks. Way too much micromanagement so I went back or a more conservative setup.

- I prefer ranged
    - No dots so no skoria

If you're thinking of using 2 pc Willpower instead of a monster set, you'd be far better off using 1 Domihaus & 1 Stonekeeper. That's 1644 mag, 1644 stamina, and 603 health — basically the same as 2 Willpower and 2 Agility, with some extra health on top of it. It's also just a fantastic combination for builds that are a bit low in max stats.
    Edited by Langeston on March 29, 2020 2:12AM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, tried Kena and meh as melee, plus 2H was too hard to build merciless stacks. Way too much micromanagement so I went back to a more conservative setup with fire and swallow soul.

- I prefer ranged
    - No dots so no skoria

Most are melee based and the range ones are mediocre. Probably would have to settle for utility or extra healing. Or like someone else said; two different monster set pieces.

And on that hybrid build I don’t think you can go wrong with engine guardian, any proc would be useful.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, hybrid was okay, but I think caluurion is way more fun. I'm going from 2-9 kills per BG to 0-4 because I'm missing caluurion. It's a lot more fun to heal and then gank someone if you see an opportunity. I like the stonekeeper and domihaus idea though, think I'll use that instead of balorg. I was using it for a bit tonight and like the extra stats.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=207332
    Edited by Iskiab on March 29, 2020 3:56AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Iskiab
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So per feedback from this thread I have shadowy disguise another try instead of dark cloak. Running Necro + lich + skoria for BGs. Haven’t dropped below a mil damage in about 4 games. stealth seems much more reliable and my shadow image is there for the oh *** moments. Working very well, high damage, decent healing, good group CC. Still feel like magblade needs some sort of change to swallow soul but idk what. Maybe even if they dodge you still heal or something, idk.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So per feedback from this thread I have shadowy disguise another try instead of dark cloak. Running Necro + lich + skoria for BGs. Haven’t dropped below a mil damage in about 4 games. stealth seems much more reliable and my shadow image is there for the oh *** moments. Working very well, high damage, decent healing, good group CC. Still feel like magblade needs some sort of change to swallow soul but idk what. Maybe even if they dodge you still heal or something, idk.

Weaker heals should not overwrite the HoT.

So if I crit Swallow Soul for 12k, that should be the number I get my heal % from for the next 10s.

Anything higher should overwrite, anything lower should be negated.

OR

Just make it every 1s.
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 29, 2020 11:57AM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

just curious, what do you run to proc skoria reliably? I feel like all NBs dots are kind of weak and not worth slotting.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

just curious, what do you run to proc skoria reliably? I feel like all NBs dots are kind of weak and not worth slotting.
    FWIW, I'm currently running Debilitate to control players and for the sustain. Lotus Fan also has a DOT, but is used for the Vulnerability and, in my case, to proc Caluurion.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

FWIW, I'm currently running Debilitate to control players and for the sustain. Lotus Fan also has a DOT, but is used for the Vulnerability and, in my case, to proc Caluurion.

I see. In my opinion Elem drain > Debilitate, and lotus fan is extremely broken this patch, since it doesn't activate half the time when the target moves from it's range or LoSes, that's why I asked.

• Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭

I see. In my opinion Elem drain > Debilitate, and lotus fan is extremely broken this patch, since it doesn't activate half the time when the target moves from it's range or LoSes, that's why I asked.

Also, infused shock frontbar > lotus fan, gives ability to slot inner light for more damage. Every magblade uses this skill setup: Ele drain, merciless, inner light, swallow soul, fear, incap/soul harvest/meteor
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »

Also, infused shock frontbar > lotus fan, gives ability to slot inner light for more damage. Every magblade uses this skill setup: Ele drain, merciless, inner light, swallow soul, fear, incap/soul

Yeah pretty much near same. I choose Inner Light over Elemental Drain, but I can't have both because of my front bar Cloak setup.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run degeneration and debilitate with double drain health poisons. So technically 4 dots when poison is ticking.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So if I crit Swallow Soul for 12k, that should be the number I get my heal % from for the next 10s.

OR

Just make it every 1s.

I have a hunch that the constant additional server query from strife to determine if the current instance of its 10 second heal should or should not be overwritten is why they havent changed it. Otherwise it is the best change for the skill ad I have suggested before.

The only other option in my eyes is to have its heal value hard set based on tooltip instead of damage deal in real time. So if your strife has a y tooltip for damage, the heal should always be X percent of y instead of x percent of damage done.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

OR

Just make it every 1s.

I have a hunch that the constant additional server query from strife to determine if the current instance of its 10 second heal should or should not be overwritten is why they havent changed it. Otherwise it is the best change for the skill ad I have suggested before.

The only other option in my eyes is to have its heal value hard set based on tooltip instead of damage deal in real time. So if your strife has a y tooltip for damage, the heal should always be X percent of y instead of x percent of damage done.

That would be a good change. Right now pen is so important as a magblade, it’d be a buff to max stat builds and maybe allow crit builds.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for the op pro magblades that main pvp is bright throat boast and spinners still a viable build for pvp I like balance builds high damage sustain survivability. Also please put down all the best sets etc 🙂
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question for the op pro magblades that main pvp is bright throat boast and spinners still a viable build for pvp I like balance builds high damage sustain survivability. Also please put down all the best sets etc 🙂

I don’t know about that combo, I think probably not but I’m not sure. Maybe as an altmer it’d work okay.

The new hot thing is to abuse that cc immunity doesn’t work, people are spamming clench and other CC’s hoping you won’t be able to break free. These days it’s a lot harder to 1vX because it’s a potato meta.

It’s harder as a magblade because there’s no class major sorcery (or not a practical one) so it’s hard to build to use immovable pots.

I’ve been farting around with pelinals and using momentum, but haven’t found anything I like so went back to caluurion and Darloc.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 2, 2020 3:19PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried hitis hearth? I tryed dark shade and loved it for duels, but for open world i feel naked without cloak to get away from multiple people. Hitis gives 1000 recov every second and dark cloak gave me 1300.

This would only be for open world but right now i have to slot some kind of heal besides rapid, with dark cloak i didnt need that extra heal in a 1v1 so i could open a skill slot up. But even in a 1v1 i felt as though i needed the extra defense from dark cloak to survive against high damage because if i get pinned down its hard to recover.

Anyways what im trying to do is to keep the same build as i was using in duels with dark cloak except with different gear to be able to use cloak for open world. I used zdans build for duels which was new moon/lich/troll and potentate rings.

Using hitis i could use it back bar keep potentates rings. I loose 8% dr front bar but keep it on my back and loose the lich proc. What i gain is the use of cloak. The 8% front bar kind of sucks. But im not so worried about lich because with ele drain and siphoning attacks lich hardly ever procs anyways.

I know this is not the best setup, however im not very good at 1vx unless the opponents suck lol so i just cloak out of those situations anyways. In 1v1 fights i like to stay out of stealth and fight but have to have cloak when i get jumped to get out of trouble. In a 1v1 i could manage with that sustain so the only thing i would miss is the 8% dr on the front bar but keep it with temporal on back.

i hate farming dungeon sets esp weps, so im just trying to get a feel if its worth it.

Like i said open world only in duels i would use dark cloak and bgs i stack damage.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    Has anyone tried hitis hearth? I tryed dark shade and loved it for duels, but for open world i feel naked without cloak to get away from multiple people. Hitis gives 1000 recov every second and dark cloak gave me 1300.

This would only be for open world but right now i have to slot some kind of heal besides rapid, with dark cloak i didnt need that extra heal in a 1v1 so i could open a skill slot up. But even in a 1v1 i felt as though i needed the extra defense from dark cloak to survive against high damage because if i get pinned down its hard to recover.

Anyways what im trying to do is to keep the same build as i was using in duels with dark cloak except with different gear to be able to use cloak for open world. I used zdans build for duels which was new moon/lich/troll and potentate rings.

Using hitis i could use it back bar keep potentates rings. I loose 8% dr front bar but keep it on my back and loose the lich proc. What i gain is the use of cloak. The 8% front bar kind of sucks. But im not so worried about lich because with ele drain and siphoning attacks lich hardly ever procs anyways.

I know this is not the best setup, however im not very good at 1vx unless the opponents suck lol so i just cloak out of those situations anyways. In 1v1 fights i like to stay out of stealth and fight but have to have cloak when i get jumped to get out of trouble. In a 1v1 i could manage with that sustain so the only thing i would miss is the 8% dr on the front bar but keep it with temporal on back.

i hate farming dungeon sets esp weps, so im just trying to get a feel if its worth it.

Like i said open world only in duels i would use dark cloak and bgs i stack damage.

Hiti's is definately a good set, after pvping as a magblade ive come to a few conclusions: orzorga is best food for 1vx if you are not using bloodspawn, necropotence with orzorga is better than lich with sugar skulls, hiti's is better than necropotence if you used troll king with necro as you can slot an offensive monster set and put potentates.

Heres the builds ive theorycrafted and used as well as zdan's setup.
    Zdan: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=215184
    Necro: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=218116
    Hiti's: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=218788

Ive also tried swapping necro with bright throat but i had too low stam sustain and i kepy dying because of it. Hitis was a pain to farm, i spent 5 hours doing the dungeon on normal mode just go get the resto staff.

A tip for doing 1vx on magblade is to always keep you shade up and fight out of sight from it while still beeing in range (easiest to do in towers) that way if you get bursted down you are able to teleport away and heal up. Another tip is to not use your merciless resolve proc once you have 5 stacks, the reason is that the 10% damage mitigation it gives you is really strong and its better to use it once you have a target in low hp and you are sure to hit.

Theres different combos that work against different players: test their reaction when they get feared, do they break free fast? Do they roll dodge straight away? Are they blocking straight away? If they are slow to break free you are able to soul harvest - fear - merciless and most likely kill them, if they roll dodge straight away they will probably roll dodge after soul harvest therefore i reccomend soul harvest - swallow soul - either fear or merciless after they roll dodge - merciless if u feared them.

Against blocking targets it becomes a little bit harder to finnish them off (the reason i like zaan) it really depends on if they block after soul harvest or not, if they only block when they are low hp you can use this combo soul harvest - merciless - fear - swallow soul, if you are lucky and merciless crits they will be around 20% health and they will block which is why we fear them so you are able to hit the last swallow soul or two. I also reccomend trying different combos and switch up your combo so that the enemy cant predict what you might do next.

Before you start your combo its important to see how tanky they are and bring their hp down to the % health where they dont heal up straight away and they will die from your combo and keep your buffs and debuffs up. Against really tanky targets that deal low damage i reccomend baiting them to overextend and not look at their health. An example of this is to drop your health down to 50% and act like you are going defensive while still damaging them, and right before your combo drop down to as low health without dying (depends on their damage) this method will most likely bring your target down to 40% hp and they will forget about their armor buffs and hots making it much easier for you to secure your kill.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    WacArnold wrote: »

Hiti's is definately a good set, after pvping as a magblade ive come to a few conclusions: orzorga is best food for 1vx if you are not using bloodspawn, necropotence with orzorga is better than lich with sugar skulls, hiti's is better than necropotence if you used troll king with necro as you can slot an offensive monster set and put potentates.

Heres the builds ive theorycrafted and used as well as zdan's setup.
    Zdan: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=215184
    Necro: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=218116
    Hiti's: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=218788

Ive also tried swapping necro with bright throat but i had too low stam sustain and i kepy dying because of it. Hitis was a pain to farm, i spent 5 hours doing the dungeon on normal mode just go get the resto staff.

A tip for doing 1vx on magblade is to always keep you shade up and fight out of sight from it while still beeing in range (easiest to do in towers) that way if you get bursted down you are able to teleport away and heal up. Another tip is to not use your merciless resolve proc once you have 5 stacks, the reason is that the 10% damage mitigation it gives you is really strong and its better to use it once you have a target in low hp and you are sure to hit.

Theres different combos that work against different players: test their reaction when they get feared, do they break free fast? Do they roll dodge straight away? Are they blocking straight away? If they are slow to break free you are able to soul harvest - fear - merciless and most likely kill them, if they roll dodge straight away they will probably roll dodge after soul harvest therefore i reccomend soul harvest - swallow soul - either fear or merciless after they roll dodge - merciless if u feared them.

Against blocking targets it becomes a little bit harder to finnish them off (the reason i like zaan) it really depends on if they block after soul harvest or not, if they only block when they are low hp you can use this combo soul harvest - merciless - fear - swallow soul, if you are lucky and merciless crits they will be around 20% health and they will block which is why we fear them so you are able to hit the last swallow soul or two. I also reccomend trying different combos and switch up your combo so that the enemy cant predict what you might do next.

Before you start your combo its important to see how tanky they are and bring their hp down to the % health where they dont heal up straight away and they will die from your combo and keep your buffs and debuffs up. Against really tanky targets that deal low damage i reccomend baiting them to overextend and not look at their health. An example of this is to drop your health down to 50% and act like you are going defensive while still damaging them, and right before your combo drop down to as low health without dying (depends on their damage) this method will most likely bring your target down to 40% hp and they will forget about their armor buffs and hots making it much easier for you to secure your kill.

Good tips. I definitely need to pay more attention to what my opponent does after a fear.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure everyone by now agrees that magblade is poop compared to what the other classes can do is there any plans on buffing magblade? Especially melee magblade lol I love both specs of nb and really want melee magblade to be buffed.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m sure everyone by now agrees that magblade is poop compared to what the other classes can do is there any plans on buffing magblade? Especially melee magblade lol I love both specs of nb and really want melee magblade to be buffed.
    Pick any other stam class and play as a vampire whenever they release the changes. Go into Mist, start sprinting, become invisible. Maybe wear Prisoner to keep that up. It was always a better set for stam classes anyway. People look at that and say, "Yay, powerful vampire changes". The problem is that ZOS are picking from their existing parts bin. That dilutes class identity and I'm afraid of nightblades becoming completely irrelevant. The ridiculously hard hitting, tanky, but currently not very mobile classes will get their cake while eating it. Nightblades are still fundamentally squishy as a tradeoff for their damage avoidance tools. ZOS is about to give every other class much better damage avoiance than the original Mist Form, including invisibility. That could all be balanced to be really expensive and a once off invisibility might easily be broken. It depeneds on the implementation, but there is no question it will encroach on NB territory.

El Lobo's latest video highlight's the brokenness of the Sentry set. It apparently has no range limitation. Set your view distance to max and see nightblades all around. This explains a lot. I've been attacked by people turning a resource who saw me approach from miles away. I'm after changing my build again, as I feel I have to become tankier and able to take some damage, rather than relying purely on movement and Cloak. I figured out how I can remain a perma-cloaking speedblade, but push my magicka, shield size and damage higher than I've had for some time - still low compared to most builds, but with Caluurion. However this moves me exactly in the direction where I might as well be stampire (any class), if and when these changes go live and if I continue to play.

For what it's worth, my melee magicka build as of today:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=223626

The objective of this build is to facilitate a perma-cloaking, high-speed and somewhat stamina-like playstyle. It is not to chase the meta for the ultimate in strength.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB