Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

Warning about buying Crowns

synnerman
synnerman
✭✭✭✭
Just a heads up to people who may want to buy crowns. I bought crowns in the sale on Monday and still havent received them 4 days later. I emailed them and they have asked for screenshots of proof of purchase and email etc which I did on Tuesday. I still have not received a reply or my crowns. It looks at this rate as I may have to put them into dispute . Not good ZoS
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭
    If it’s blocked by your bank then ZOS can’t do anything, what service did you pay with? Did you receive an automated message from that service AND the purchase confirmation from ESO?
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saelent wrote: »
    If it’s blocked by your bank then ZOS can’t do anything, what service did you pay with? Did you receive an automated message from that service AND the purchase confirmation from ESO?

    It hasnt been blocked by my bank I can see the debit and yes I have received confirmation from paypal and confirmation from ESO via mail ( both of which I have sent screenshots of as requested) and I can also see the purchase recorded in my ESO account page. The crowns just have not been credited to my account or ingame
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think there will be any argument then, their own system recognised it. So unless they can prove you spent the crowns already I guess it’s just a case of your ticket getting to the right person.
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between PayPal, ZOS, and your bank, I'm sure it will all get worked out.

    If the charge was processed by your bank and PayPal, then you have nothing to worry about.

    Have you contacted your bank and PayPal to verify that the payment was actually processed through their systems?

    I don't see the point of this "warning". From what you say, ZOS is verifying the purchase so they can credit the crowns to your account. You sent the verification information to them on Tuesday. If you sent it in the afternoon, then they probably didn't read your email until Wednesday. So it's been...24- 36 hours?

    Relax. At least wait for a response from them before you fly off the handle. You have to give people a chance to fix things before condemning them.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between PayPal, ZOS, and your bank, I'm sure it will all get worked out.

    If the charge was processed by your bank and PayPal, then you have nothing to worry about.

    Have you contacted your bank and PayPal to verify that the payment was actually processed through their systems?

    I don't see the point of this "warning". From what you say, ZOS is verifying the purchase so they can credit the crowns to your account. You sent the verification information to them on Tuesday. If you sent it in the afternoon, then they probably didn't read your email until Wednesday. So it's been...24- 36 hours?

    Relax. At least wait for a response from them before you fly off the handle. You have to give people a chance to fix things before condemning them.

    If you don't think a warning is warranted then don't worry about it.
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭
    Whether your warning is for players buying crowns or ZOS, you’re a bit quick to be taking to the forums and shoving someone else out of the way because they don’t agree with you.

    Getting on the ‘Oh screw ZO$‘ or the ‘I’m leaving’ band wagon is very easy and harvests lots of agrees and awesomes because it shows you ‘care’ and you’re totes being a rebel against the evil corps.

    Try getting as fast a response as you’re apparently expecting from anywhere else and you’ll probably meet a closed door. Support tickets/emails/whatever take time, you aren’t the only person who has issues with payments, chances are it isn’t even just ZOS it has to go through when it comes to money. So you’re dealing with an extra layer of other support guys and each one has to read through anything you’ve sent.

    I sell crowns (yes I’m one of ‘them’) so I buy them quite often and the only time I had an issue was when my browser refreshed at the wrong time. It still took days to get a response, only reason I wasn’t freaking out was because I was buying the cheapest crown pack, panicking or getting stroppy won’t help make things faster.
    Fortunately I don’t think the Mods/Devs/whoever are the type to take your comments and take time with your ticket because of it.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know this is a silly question.

    Do you have more than 1 account? If so, is it possible you bought crowns for one of your other accounts on accident?

    The reason I ask is , I can see myself doing it ( never happened yet ) but if I buy crowns they normally are available in just a few seconds.

    If you want a friend, get a dog.

  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between PayPal, ZOS, and your bank, I'm sure it will all get worked out.

    If the charge was processed by your bank and PayPal, then you have nothing to worry about.

    Have you contacted your bank and PayPal to verify that the payment was actually processed through their systems?

    I don't see the point of this "warning". From what you say, ZOS is verifying the purchase so they can credit the crowns to your account. You sent the verification information to them on Tuesday. If you sent it in the afternoon, then they probably didn't read your email until Wednesday. So it's been...24- 36 hours?

    Relax. At least wait for a response from them before you fly off the handle. You have to give people a chance to fix things before condemning them.

    Seriously? OP is calming explaining that Zos lost the special sauce, that they have been patiently waiting for 4 days and you have the gal to tell them to calm down. lol

    OP, thx for the warning. Just skip posts like this from people who could care less if others get a good heads up like this.
    Really, idk
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Between PayPal, ZOS, and your bank, I'm sure it will all get worked out.

    If the charge was processed by your bank and PayPal, then you have nothing to worry about.

    Have you contacted your bank and PayPal to verify that the payment was actually processed through their systems?

    I don't see the point of this "warning". From what you say, ZOS is verifying the purchase so they can credit the crowns to your account. You sent the verification information to them on Tuesday. If you sent it in the afternoon, then they probably didn't read your email until Wednesday. So it's been...24- 36 hours?

    Relax. At least wait for a response from them before you fly off the handle. You have to give people a chance to fix things before condemning them.

    Seriously? OP is calming explaining that Zos lost the special sauce, that they have been patiently waiting for 4 days and you have the gal to tell them to calm down. lol

    OP, thx for the warning. Just skip posts like this from people who could care less if others get a good heads up like this.

    Thanks , don't worry I just ignore *** responses that assume my motives . Needless to say since I contacted them on Monday (and yes I realise time differences ) and an email was sent back to me on Monday to ask for proof of purchase etc which recieved and replied to on Tuesday Morning ...early hours of Tuesday for them. Since then even after emailing again I have recieved no contact .
    Now 5 days since I PURCHASED the crowns. Yes I can clearly see that payment has been made on paypal, my statement and even on my Elder scrolls account confirmation (which I only have one) this is aside from the 2 confirmation emails from ESO and paypal.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I know this is a silly question.

    Do you have more than 1 account? If so, is it possible you bought crowns for one of your other accounts on accident?

    The reason I ask is , I can see myself doing it ( never happened yet ) but if I buy crowns they normally are available in just a few seconds.

    Hi thanks for this constuctive suggestion and my experience of buying anything is usually as you say not long at all a few minutes (if that). I only have one account and when I check the account billing the crowns purchase is there. The only thing that hasnt happened is the Crowns being applied to my account or ingame. Ive been here since beta and bought ESO plus , expansions and crowns all of which applied almost instantly. Thanks anyway
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glitches happen in this imperfect world. Its best to give people (and companies) a chance to fix problems before throwing them under the bus.

    Yes, glitches happen in this imperfect world, but companies know that and should adjust accordingly, at least the best they can. Unfortunately, in this automated world, real manpower costs a fortune and companies always invest more manpower on the sales side (which brings money) than on the support side (which costs money).
    How many hours do we waste every day/week answering stupid commercial unsollicited spam phone calls ?
    How many hours does it take us to get a real competent person on the phone at any company if there's a problem ? And how many phone bots do we have to overcome to reach one ?
    And we customers are taken as hostages. Everywhere.
    I understand OP's frustration. 4+ days to receive some stupid, standard and PAID FOR crowns isn't acceptable. Fortunately, it's not a matter of life or death - but it still is unacceptable, from a customer service point of view.
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭
    4+ days including what sounds like the weekend. It is frustrating but they don’t process anything over the weekend so nothing progresses and certainly not anything important like money.
    It is unfortunate, but just a case of waiting and seeing how it goes - because you don’t actually have the power to do anything else YET.

    If you want to make a complaint that will be taken seriously then you have to wait longer (if you’re still not getting any response) because then it’s clear there is inactivity on their end.

    MAKE SURE: if you have a ticket open, keep adding to it so it doesn’t close automatically. 3 days (I think) is the automatic closing time.

    Since my computer isn’t in front of me I can’t check it, is there a way in game to see what crown items you’ve previously bought? I know there is for gifting. Just to avoid being accused of spending the crowns.
    ALSO: on your account there is a section that says ‘previous transactions’ something like that. If you want to start gathering data, that’s another section you might want to look at. If the ZOS system sent you the receipt, that should have a logged transaction.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saelent wrote: »
    4+ days including what sounds like the weekend.

    Where do you see a week-end between monday and today (friday) ? These are 4+ full.working.weekdays !
    Saelent wrote: »
    If you want to make a complaint that will be taken seriously then you have to wait longer (if you’re still not getting any response) because then it’s clear there is inactivity on their end.

    It's already more than obvious that there's inactivity on their end. Stuff like this should be sorted out in 24 hours, and if not, at least the customer should be kept informed without having to ask over and over.
    Saelent wrote: »
    MAKE SURE: if you have a ticket open, keep adding to it so it doesn’t close automatically. 3 days (I think) is the automatic closing time.

    Although your advice is 100% valid, that's something else I find unacceptable : having, as a customer in the right, to keep my own file active !!! It's beyond any logic.
    Saelent wrote: »
    Just to avoid being accused of spending the crowns.

    It shouldn't be the customer's role to provide proof. Do they realize the hassle it is to collect and send screenshots, copies, papers, statements... ?

    I mean, things are what they are and obviously we all have to deal with them as they are, but it really irks me that people start seeing this kind of things as "normal". If we accept it, companies are never going to improve. And will keep on putting all investment into nice marketing campaigns pretending that each of their customers is sooo unique and cherished and cared for... :s
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 2, 2019 11:24AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I try to avoid using paypal if at all possible. The times I've had to use it, there was a delay on Paypal's end of things. I had proof the money was paid, but Paypal's part of the transaction took more time to complete.
  • PrinceRyzen
    PrinceRyzen
    ✭✭✭
    I actually can relate to the OP.

    I had to cancel my ESO plus permanently because for consecutive, back to back months they took money from my account and never paid the crowns.

    They ask for proof that the money was taken and offer no compensation for any length of waiting after its proven. (10 days in my case)

    It doesn't matter if Microsoft is involved as a 3rd party, it is a business relationship that they chose to establish. They are responsible for their product.

    Charging customers and not providing what they paid for is one thing. Requiring them to prove their innocence, wait and not be compensated is bad business.

  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update on this. After emailing almost everyday sincen I was last contacted asking for proof of purchase on Tues 30th July I have not recieved a single reply. I have now contacted paypal to put it into dispute. Absolutely awful customer service.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    Just a quick update on this. After emailing almost everyday sincen I was last contacted asking for proof of purchase on Tues 30th July I have not recieved a single reply. I have now contacted paypal to put it into dispute. Absolutely awful customer service.

    If you dispute that payment and paypal charges it back, they will ban your account, I'm not saying that is fair or right, but it is SOP to ban any account that incurs a chargeback and getting it unbanned will be nightmare if you are even able to.

    So I'd give it some more time, request an escalation on the ticket, etc. Once a chargeback happens, it's normally game over.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    Just a quick update on this. After emailing almost everyday sincen I was last contacted asking for proof of purchase on Tues 30th July I have not recieved a single reply. I have now contacted paypal to put it into dispute. Absolutely awful customer service.

    If you dispute that payment and paypal charges it back, they will ban your account, I'm not saying that is fair or right, but it is SOP to ban any account that incurs a chargeback and getting it unbanned will be nightmare if you are even able to.

    So I'd give it some more time, request an escalation on the ticket, etc. Once a chargeback happens, it's normally game over.

    Thanks for the advice , however literally 5 hrs after putting it into dispute after days of nothing I get an email saying , sorry for the delay and they have refunded my money. Now don't get me wrong I am glad I havent been ripped off but I bought the crowns for a reason ie because they were on sale. I now have my money back but the crowns are no longer on sale

    Anyway tbh this will be the last time I ever purchase Crowns so I won't have the problem again nor will they.
  • Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    Soul Shriven
    In my two years of playing I have never heard of this happening. But I am really thinking it is something preventing ESO - Bethesda from getting paid.

    As another poster said once you click to confirm the transaction the crowns are instantly available in game. I average over 10 transactions a month and have never seen this.

    I would make sure your bank is not holding up the payment or your visa vendor. Also the response time is not bad in this system. sometimes its a day but normally for me not more. And have always gotten some sort of reply. Even if it is a cookie cutter reply.

    They also are good about elevating a ticket if you keep communicating with updates.

    Good luck and sorry you had a problem.
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my two years of playing I have never heard of this happening. But I am really thinking it is something preventing ESO - Bethesda from getting paid.

    As another poster said once you click to confirm the transaction the crowns are instantly available in game. I average over 10 transactions a month and have never seen this.

    I would make sure your bank is not holding up the payment or your visa vendor. Also the response time is not bad in this system. sometimes its a day but normally for me not more. And have always gotten some sort of reply. Even if it is a cookie cutter reply.

    They also are good about elevating a ticket if you keep communicating with updates.

    Good luck and sorry you had a problem.

    I have been playing since beta 5 years ...never happened to me either. Please read what I have written. The payment was confirmed both by paypal and ESO via email and it also was verified by a debit on my card. It also showed up as a transaction on my online ESO account in the billing section. They have investigated it and given a refund so they had payment.
    I emailed everyday to keep the ticket alive and after sending proof and emailing for 5 days after that, they did not contact me only after I put it into dispute did they contact me (but could have been coincidence) to apologise and gave a refund.
Sign In or Register to comment.