Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Earthgore Shoulder in Urgarlag's chest or not?

CantFixIr
CantFixIr
✭✭✭
Are we positive Urgarlag's chest has the Earthgore shoulder? After using 45 keys on it and not getting a single Earthgore shoulder, I just had to ask :dizzy:
Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the middle one right? then yes. Or you could wait until the new dlc to spend 5 keys and have a 50% chance to get it.
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    Thats the middle one right? then yes. Or you could wait until the new dlc to spend 5 keys and have a 50% chance to get it.

Oh really? How come?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CantFixIr wrote: »
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

Oh really? How come?

Undaunted Key Improvements
    As of this update, Undaunted Keys are now located in the currency tab and no longer take up valuable inventory space. You can also now spend your keys directly via a store with the three pledge masters (Urgarlag Chief-bane, Glirion the Redbeard, Maj al-Ragath) in a number of ways.
    The mystery coffers sold by each respective pledge master function similarly to the previous chest interactions.
    These provide a guaranteed monster set shoulder piece from among the dungeons associated with the pledges that NPC offers, along with a chance at a number of other rewards, for a single key.
    The pledge masters also sell more specialized coffers at a cost of five keys each, and these will provide you with a guaranteed monster set shoulder piece from only two potential sources, allowing you to spend more keys to narrow the potential reward pool.
    The monthly monster shoulder style pages will be available directly from the merchant for 50 keys each, in addition to continuing to be a rare drop from the mystery coffers, at the same rates as previously seen with the Undaunted chests.
    Note that you’ll need to log in with each character for their pre-existing keys to be converted into this new account-wide currency.
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on August 1, 2019 6:29AM
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LeHarrt91 is right.

The Undaunted Store opens August 12th for PC when the patch drops.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had Earthgore pauldrons for a long time. I wanted epaulets, but that's close enough. Some day I'll cash in some keys and try for more.

What I don't plan to use is this idea of using 5x the keys to get a better chance at a specific set. That only makes sense if I'm not also interested in other sets, and I am. But then, I have a 3 digit number of unused keys sitting around, and am not a good enough player to worry about minmaxing armor weights or traits. (Similarly, I have little in the way of gold armor or jewelry, although weapons are of course a different matter.)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 1, 2019 9:36AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't plan to use is this idea of using 5x the keys to get a better chance at a specific set. That only makes sense if I'm not also interested in other sets, and I am.

That’s a smart way to play, too, @FrancisCrawford ... especially if you don’t have any immediate build needs. The 1-key random monster shoulders will still be an option when Update 23 goes Live.

And, there are some other good 1-piece shoulders in Urgalag’s chest (such as Domihaus).
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got one DIvines and another Infused yesterday, both medium, it goes directly to the dump because i will never make a healer in my life

And yes, cute Orc chest
    Edited by yRaven on August 1, 2019 7:09PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, sometimes it takes a lot of keys! I used 73 to get one shoulder piece not long ago. Ugh. I'm saving all my keys for the next patch where I can use them much more selectively to get what I need.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we positive Urgarlag's chest has the Earthgore shoulder? After using 45 keys on it and not getting a single Earthgore shoulder, I just had to ask :dizzy:

Oh, you can also check out the Golden Vendor on weekends in Cyrodil to see if she has the shoulder/head piece or jewelry piece you want.

Earthgore has dropped in the Golden Vendor several times.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It hasn't really been worth running since the nerf, honestly. Certainly not in pve anyways.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, you can also check out the Golden Vendor on weekends in Cyrodil to see if she has the shoulder/head piece or jewelry piece you want.

Does anyone keep a history of the Golden's inventory? Some idea of frequency and how recently an item last appeared would be useful to all.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Does anyone keep a history of the Golden's inventory? Some idea of frequency and how recently an item last appeared would be useful to all.

Yes, @ghastley, via Benevolent Bowd’s fan site:

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-alliance-point-vendor-items/

That site also has the Undaunted Pledge schedule as well ... just in case your guild’s Discord bot isn’t sophisticated enough to keep that info.

Be sure to thank @BenevolentBowd for his keen interest in the game (and hard work) when you have a chance.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, @ghastley, via Benevolent Bowd’s fan site:

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-alliance-point-vendor-items/

That site also has the Undaunted Pledge schedule as well ... just in case your guild’s Discord bot isn’t sophisticated enough to keep that info.

I'll let you know about a secret.. the scalecaller pledge schedule has already been added on my ESO calendar...
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't really been worth running since the nerf, honestly. Certainly not in pve anyways.

I don't agree. I find it beneficial in PVE settings.