The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Radiant oppression bug

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed this skill is really bad against shields, I can use it against a target with less than 10%hp but if they shield up it does next to 0 damage , not even enough to break the shield
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    its not a bug shields now have spell resist if they have very high spell resist and you have low pen/low damage then the shield will outperform the oppression.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think some sorc will have something like 22-25k spell resist because they wear chudan
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 13k pen, and decent dmg but the RD hits like a wet noodle on shield, it's like it's not getting the bonus execute dmg from the low health beacuse they are shielded
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has been reported. Radiant does nothing against people with shields.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems the shield acts as effect health and you lose all the bonus excute damage on radiant when hitting a shield.

I can't tell if it's a bug or intended but I could see it being intended with the way shields work now.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may as well keep using other skills when they are low as the "execute" does nothing to remove shields
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure this was tested and debunked like 2 days ago in another thread about templars. Post a video
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Im pretty sure this was tested and debunked like 2 days ago in another thread about templars. Post a video

Why don't you post a video if it was debunked?
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is if I fight some one without shields and they get to less than 20% j beam wrecks and they ain't recovering. If I fight someone who shields up it does't do enough damage to take away the shield and they can heal up
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nailed a sorc last night that was trying to streak away. Either they forgot to refresh their shield (Completely possible) or it wasn't an issue.

Im more concerned with the huge delay for it to fire allowing a HOT or stray heal to get in there which really ruins an execute.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Cinbri wrote: »
    Hm, as far as I recall this bug was fixed years ago on live, but I don't use garbage-beam in pvp so don't know for sure.
    However gave it a try on pts with trying to emit same hp threshold:
    Without damage shield:
    exec1.png

With damage shield:
    exec2.png

^^^And there is no bug. Beam works in execute range against damage shield same as without shields. 66hp difference = 21 damage difference.
    P.S.: Nothing unusual with Hardened Ward either.

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me if I'm being dumb but it does look like radiant glory is hitting each time harder In the top image compare to the bottom one, except the top number highlighted
    Edited by Syiccal on August 1, 2019 1:23PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience there is definitly an issue , it's so difficult to finish a shield spammer even if they are on 10%hp, RD will not out damage it when it really should as hp is primed for maximum RD output
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hm, as far as I recall this bug was fixed years ago on live, but I don't use garbage-beam in pvp so don't know for sure.
    Without damage shield:
    exec1.png

With damage shield:
    exec2.png

^^^And there is no bug. Beam works in execute range against damage shield same as without shields. 66hp difference = 21 damage difference.

So again, it's barely putting a dent a people with a shield. It's bugged...
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Without damage shield:
    exec1.png

With damage shield:
    exec2.png

@Cinbri could you please explain your methodology to these people?
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Without damage shield:
    exec1.png

With damage shield:
    exec2.png

We weren't born yesterday, we all understand shields are acting as additional hp. The fact of the matter is they shouldn't be, because they're not...
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone did, in that other thread... that u commented on....
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without damage shield:
    exec1.png

With damage shield:
    exec2.png

We weren't born yesterday, we all understand shields are acting as additional hp. The fact of the matter is they shouldn't be, because they're not...

The damage is scaling properly is what cinbri is showing
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on August 1, 2019 6:21PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I never noticed an issue here...if ur targets at 10% health and they spam shields there's no amount of damage that can break through the shields with radiant destruction. Sorcs are tricky, but execute is still really strong on them. If they shield while at 10% and accidentally dodge roll or streak it's a wrap for them. The execute will go through the shield then hit them before dodge/ streaks over.

No issue here
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no bug regarding execute scaling for damage shields. Shields not act as own HP layer so it cant being own source of execute scaling; but it just inherit execute scaling of current HP. Also Bloodthirsty works properly against damage shields too last time I checked (last month).
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Excuse me if I'm being dumb but it does look like radiant glory is hitting each time harder In the top image compare to the bottom one, except the top number highlighted

Highlihted numbers are what actual comparable numbers are and they are almost identical, difference is only coz hp bit different. Rest are just unsuccesfull tries to use skill at same hp threshold. Screenshots height is just for target hp was visible to show that it almost at same threshold.

Originally damage shields were bugged and thus ignored execute range completely, so when you was bringing target in execute range and it casted damage shield - damage shield completely ignored execute scaling bonus. In later patch, somewhere after 1.6.5 it was considered as bug that was making damage shields too strong to shut down execute abilities and fixed so damage shield started to inherit execute scaling of HP and thus when target hp in execute range - its shields started to be affected by execute scaling. And that exactly how it works since than.

Advice for OP - drop this garbage beam in pvp, I stopped using it for like 3 years ago and don't miss it at all.
    Edited by Cinbri on August 1, 2019 7:33PM