The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pellitine Motifs not dropping anymore?

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Pellitine drop rate is abysmal. I haven’t gotten one motif in my last 20 Dragon Hunt quests. Ridiculous.
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    I used to farm motifs (completed all motifs as far as Summerset) all the time but the constant flow of new ones combined with lower drop rates made me give up on them, still ridiculously expensive in the crown store too, should max of €3-5 per motif book, looking for €30-40 for a motif book is greedy
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started buying some that were reasonably priced and low and behold, I got one I needed as a drop. Haven't seen any more.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something you can only do once per day per character should have a drop rate more in line of 1 in 4 than 1 in 12.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something you can only do once per day per character should have a drop rate more in line of 1 in 4 than 1 in 12.

I’ve been doing mine on multiple characters the last few weeks and haven’t seen a drop rate anywhere close to that.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 1 in about a month on one character. Think I've got 3 or 4 anequina and also had about 3 duplicates
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been doing mine on multiple characters the last few weeks and haven’t seen a drop rate anywhere close to that.

Hence the word "should."
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

ZoS better increase the drop rates dramatically, otherwise me, and many other frustrated people (as this thread demonstrates) will abandon this aspect of the game entirely, and stop doing daily content for motifs.