The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Visual Concept for One Hand & Spell Weapon Skill Tree

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
People on the forum here had been asking for a new One Hand & Spell weapon skill tree for some time now, to merge Magicka abilities with Melee weapons and also to express their inner Gandalf. So I wanted to create a little concept of what it might be like. I equipped a single sword in one hand and took a picture, then went editing. It's kinda hard figuring out how to make a legit magical particle effect. But I think this does it. It even looks a tad Psijic-y.

tumblr_pvgtc3vDSH1r5zp8to1_1280.jpg

As a weapon tree that would combine Magic with Melee weapons and attacks, I'd assume some of the buff skills would be to enchant your weapon with Magic, to make your Light and Heavy Attacks deal additional Magic or Elemental damage or apply a debuff such as decreased Spell Resistance, or a source of Major Brutality with a Magic cost. The Spell Casting in the other hand would allow you to throw Fire or Lightning, perhaps even provide a Ward.

I really like the enchanted sword idea to go with the left handed Spell casting.

I can't see this weapon tree being used for Tanking, but definitely either DPS or a Support role.
Edited by ArchMikem on July 30, 2019 5:24PM
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice concept. But, I'd rather go staff and shield since light armor can be squishy.

5caa172e75d7fcc0369b431ab53c224a.png

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or wand + shield, or magic (empty hand) + shield
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You actually don't have to make concept art, or imagine, because it already exists in the game. If my memory serves me right, there are mages guild NPCs in Auridon that does the 1h and spell animation. They're probably in other cities as well.
    EU PC
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill line needs to feature an off-hand armor item to pair with the sword, like a talisman of some sort (in 3 elemental flavors). The off-hand item will provide the defensive stats that a shield normally provides and when the player blocks, an energy shield is generated as part of the animation.

As far as abilities go, i think it should include:
    - a melee-ranged burst spammable
    - some sort of Major Sorcery/elemental damage buff ability to the melee weapon's attacks
    - a strong, but melee-ranged CC ability
    - the obligatory gap closer since this is a melee-ranged skill line
    - abilities have different effects based on the element of the talisman equipped
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s already in the game for npcs.

eaLr6ie.jpg
    her name is Henneque Chamrond in Daggerfall

YFxDuij.jpg in Elden Root npc name Gerinien, no sword on her character model before she attacks so the sword might be a summoned spell itself.
    Edited by max_only on July 30, 2019 5:53PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    It’s already in the game for npcs.

eaLr6ie.jpg
    her name is Henneque Chamrond in Daggerfall

YFxDuij.jpg in Elden Root npc name Gerinien, no sword on her character model before she attacks so the sword might be a summoned spell itself.

I never attack NPCs so I've never seen this. They're casting basically a Fiery Breath but from their hands! I WANT THIS. :'(
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pyromancy!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    People on the forum here had been asking for a new One Hand & Spell weapon skill tree for some time now...
    ...and dreamt about how it could work: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1 ;)
    Nice concept. But, I'd rather go staff and shield since light armor can be squishy.
    That one really makes little sense.
    For one... staves are two-handed weapons.
    For another... why would magical mages carry a standard shield when they could make wizardly wards? Arcane protections are the spellcasters shield!

Now... if we were to follow that line of thinking and suggest giving ice back to DPS, and making a whole "Warding Staff" skill line instead... ;)