Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the key to running a successful guilds?

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
Everyone in their mother has a group. Heck! even my dog has a group. Just kidding.
But in all seriousness what is the "key" to running a successful guild?
Edited by SocialAssassin on July 29, 2019 7:21PM
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like Parenting, the key is to show up and be there and provide the environment that you want people to experience. Most of the last is handled by having clear rules of behaviour and kicking the ones that wont follow them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem rather new.

There are a lot of "groups" in ESO.

Are you talking about guilds? Groups in PVE group content like Dungeons and Trials? Groups in PVP like Battlegrounds and Cyrodiil?
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    You seem rather new.

Are you talking about guilds? Groups in PVE group content like Dungeons and Trials? Groups in PVP like Battlegrounds and Cyrodiil?

I am newish sorry I meant guilds lol!
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The basics are being consistent having set times for the group to come together to do Trials, PVP etc most group/guilds have a Band or Discord to stay in touch helps

Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem rather new.

I am newish sorry I meant guilds lol!

No problem!

Most good guilds have a "type" of content or socialization that they provide and they deliver on that regularly. They've got clear rules and expectations, and good organization that's provided by their officers. The people in that guild respect each other and enjoy what that guild is doing - they want to be there.

There are a lot of good guilds out there, but each player can only join 5. So I look for the guilds that fit how I want to play and give them a try. If they fit my playstyle, they have cool people, and they don't demand more than I'm willing to play or pay, I'm happy to stay in the same guild(s) for years.

Guildfinder might be a useful way for you to explore some guilds if you don't find what you are looking for here on the forums.