The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So many out of dates addons, does it make any sense?

CantFixIr
CantFixIr
✭✭✭
I am suspecting that something is wrong at my end. The game is telling me that the following addons are out of date:
pchat
LibSafe
Lots of others Libs too
Dressing Room
Custom CompassPins
Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator

Are they really out of date, in which case ok, it's fine, or am I just using older versions?

I use Minion and I set it so it auto-updates add-ons, which it does, and I run Minion every time I turn on my computer.

In the case of Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator, I literally JUST manually updated it in order to use v2.7.5, I even manually deleted previous version myself and the game is still showing that I am using v2.5 - How is this even possible?!

This is making me mad!
Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enable out of date addons and don't worry about it unless they cause an error you are unhappy with. The out of date status doesn't necessarily mean an addon won't work. It just means the author hasn't updated it recently (whether it requires an update or not).
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you redspecter, I am aware of this and I happily allow out of date add-ons. Sorry if I was not clear as this was not my question.

Are these add-ons, as far as you know, ACTUALLY out of date? Or is it me?

And why is the game telling me I am using v.2.5 of Dolgu's lazy writ when I installed v2.7.5 (first via Minion, then as it wasn't showing v.2.7.5 in game, manually, making sure I removed previous version and its saved variables)??? I am so lost and confused. I have spent HOURS on this.

Edited by CantFixIr on July 26, 2019 11:47PM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pChat is definitely out of date. It hasn't been updated since before Elswyer. In fact it hasn't been updated since 2018. Lazy Writ Crafter is up to date on my system though. Make sure the updates are going into the correct location. Your game may have defaulted back to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live\Addons on a different drive if you moved them.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT (UPDATE) = I removed ALL my add-ons, I even removed Minion and reinstalled EVERYTHING and it fixed my problem :)

From Minion, it says that I have version 2.7.5 installed
    From ESO it says 2.5.16.5
    Edited by CantFixIr on July 28, 2019 1:25AM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you update addons make sure you are logged out! This will fix some issues as updates won't get recognized or files cannot be replaced properly if you are ingame playung.

Search for the file AddOnSettings.txt and/or UserSettings.txt to find the folder/s where addons are installed. Maybe the ingame folder is c:\users\your windows username\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns (used by the game) but Minion somehow installs to another folder?
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pChat is definitely out of date. It hasn't been updated since before Elswyer. In fact it hasn't been updated since 2018.

pChat is working fine though, at least for me.

Basically it doesn't matter if a mod is out of date. They usually work just fine after patch.
    In case they don't you will certainly notice it (mod behaving oddly or not working at all and bunch of lua errors).

In my 40+ mods only 1 mod didn't work and that was MultiCraft (last update 1½ years ago). That was pretty obvious too as ZOS basically included the same functionality in the base game (finally!).
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the change to forcing the sharing of Lib Files a couple updates ago, some add ons may have to replaced with new ones that do the same thing.

And, you will need to check all your current addons to make sure all the Lib files are there and up to date.

That being said, I have about a half dozen or more out if date plugins.

Also, run Minion each day for about two weeks, it can take that long to get all updates finalized. I run Minion before I launch each session right after an patch.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Out of date" does not say anything about if it's working or not.
    It's just a comparison of a number written to the adon/library txt file (names "manifest") and a value in the game determined by function GetAPIVersion (you can test this ingame in the chat /script d(GetAPIVersion()) ).

Updating or not does not change the out of date. One author could forget to increase the APIversion in it's manifest file and the game shows it as "outdated". But it was updated for the code to work.

So do not watch anything about outdated but update the addons and libraries (at best via Minion to update all easily), check each day before login to the game. And that's all.

If something is not working, tell the authors. If everything works, say maybe thank you :p
    That's all.

The more time you invest into thinking about this, instead of just updating regularly, will make you play less.
    Even if libraries are not shipped with you addons anymore, you only need to install them once and are able to update them via Minion then everytime in the future.

If you do not use Minion: Thesame applies here. You only need to invest the time to check the addon versions, or update date, at www.esoui.com manually if they did update. That's a tough job so I recommand using Minion instead.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ensure you have the Allow out of date Add-ons checked.

If it still shows out of date but the add-on still works, probably the API number is out of date.

How to FIX out of date API numbers

Just change the API number in the text file that is in the add on folder. 100028 is the current API number for Strikebreaker

Change the line:
    ## APIVersion: 100025 100026
    to:
    ## APIVersion: 100027 100028

If the original APIVersion is just one number change it to the latest version number or add the 2 numbers as shown above.

Note:
    Some add-on have the Lib files in them, that may need this done also. Just drill down into the Libs folder the Add-ons and check make the change to the .txt file in each Lib folder that needs the change.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to change any APIversion numbers, it doesn't matter at all..
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU