The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Will ESO ever add other Weapon Skill Line?

Reistoph
Reistoph
✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno
Like longsword as crit 2H, and One Handed Rune/Orbs/Magic Books/Whatever.

Longsword is really easy to implement and add a huge variation to DPS, like:
- Using Dual Wield = More DPS
- Using Longsword = higher stamina regen/fight longer

I like to have other weapon such as Spear, Knuckle, but these two weapons above are most demanded and also longsword is easily implemented, just use Greatsword model and make it a bit shorter, and smaller, like actual longsword, make it animation faster and more responsive like Dual Wield, and it's actual a very great way to role-playing since this is MMORPG right?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We might get new weapon skill lines next year as a new feature for the Chapter. I doubt we’ll get a new class anytime soon so we either get new weapons or we get new skill lines like Psijik.

But honestly, it’s time for Magicka and healing weapons, Stamina absolutely doesn’t need more weapon variation at this point. To prevent this frustration my hope is they’ll release two or three weapon skill lines at once so Stamina AND Magicka get something yet I’m not too optimistic that ZOS really would do this from a $$$ perspective.
    Edited by Seraphayel on July 26, 2019 9:14AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reistoph wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Like longsword as crit 2H, and One Handed Rune/Orbs/Magic Books/Whatever.

Longsword is really easy to implement and add a huge variation to DPS, like:
    - Using Dual Wield = More DPS
    - Using Longsword = higher stamina regen/fight longer

I like to have other weapon such as Spear, Knuckle, but these two weapons above are most demanded and also longsword is easily implemented, just use Greatsword model and make it a bit shorter, and smaller, like actual longsword, make it animation faster and more responsive like Dual Wield, and it's actual a very great way to role-playing since this is MMORPG right?

I agree that ESO requires new weapon skill lines, this has been overdue for a while.

I disagree with one being longswords with the characteristics you suggest. This would be a variation on a theme for which we already have several weapon types, within the existing skill trees.

What we need is variety and something new. So a spear springs to mind for stam, longer ranged melee, low damage, high speed attacks, something like that.

Or, my personal preference as I have posted multiple times, an entirely new magica line, given that magica literally only has 1 weapon - staffs, even if that is split into two, destro and resto. In comparison to stam which has 4 distinct skill trees and umpteen weapons choices within these. So, we absolutely need a new magica weapon. Runes or tombs would be my suggestion, so you carry a large tablet or book, casting with the opposite hand, aesthetically this would work great and be well within lore.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point ?
    When stuff is getting nerfed to oblivion and performance & lag is not being addressed ? Why should we care ?
  • Donnasnowheart_ESO
    Donnasnowheart_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If any new wep does come out and they are only able to push out one instead of something for both stam and mag it without a doubt needs to be mag based like Grianasteri stated they literally only have staves that fill the wep based mag slot.
  • Vigawatt
    Vigawatt
    ✭✭✭
    A skill line for Daedric weapons. Volendrung is only the beginning. Whether it's a hammer or a dagger, surely Daedric weapons have their own powers so the skill line is independent of already established one handed and two handed skills.

Everyone will think they are unique, they are the chosen to wield a Daedric weapon, but with Sheogorath pumping out Daedric weapons in the Elder Scrolls first ever assembly line factory everyone will be able to get one and he can sow chaos across Tamriel.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect Zos will add a weapon line eventually. It’ll be tied to a chapter but long sword will not be the next weapon line. It’ll be magicka based and the reasons should be rather obvious.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    How can they add new skill line if there are 100 different sets and motifs. Will they design the same new weapon for each motif? That sounds like a lot of work and will give them even more work in the future with every new set they release.

Maybe if its a magic orb or some tomb? And its part of its own unique sets similar to black rose vma? Otherwise i don't think its likely they will put all this effort.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New weapon skill line that allows magic to scale of swords axes and daggers. Axes will give magic dot damage much like nb cripple dot and daggers will increase spell crit.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on July 27, 2019 9:45AM
  • Heyodude
    Heyodude
    ✭✭✭
    They should definitely go with Bo Staff weapons that synergise well with dk and mag warden playstyles since those 2 classes have to stay melee. then if they ever give stamina sorcs class identity they could build those skills around Melee and it could be the premier BIS stamina weapon for Stam sorc.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magical melee weapons (wands for DW? Sceptres for 2H?) for standarize things. Oh! and resto staff with magicka and stamina morphs.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's too complicated for them.
    Pay more and maybe they will. :trollface:
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demra wrote: »
    How can they add new skill line if there are 100 different sets and motifs. Will they design the same new weapon for each motif? That sounds like a lot of work and will give them even more work in the future with every new set they release.

Maybe if its a magic orb or some tomb? And its part of its own unique sets similar to black rose vma? Otherwise i don't think its likely they will put all this effort.

They could combine existing weapons either with each other or with something new that doesn't need a bunch of unique models. The datamined Sword & Rune comes to mind. Shield & Staff or even melee staves could work too. However, I recall reading somewhere that it's the animations that would be the most problematic to implement for whatever reason.
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spears! They've already done some animation work for it. There's an Argonian tribe in Murkmire practicing with spears in their village.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to say yes, but I have strong doubts for a new weapon in the near future... if anything I think alteration staves for tanking and melee/conjured weapons for mages would be cool.
  • Reistoph
    Reistoph
    ✭✭
    Demra wrote: »

That's why I want them to start with longsword as being 2h crit. They can just rescale the greatsword model to be a bit smaller, rather than make back from scratch. Using longsword will benefit extra 2191 crits, in addition of faster animation, more responsive such as dual wield, skills like uppercut will execute instantly, but with lesser damage and unable to stun the opponent, the reverse slash skill but smaller radius when using longsword, fast cleave skill execution with high dmg but only able to hit only one opponent
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just want my melee magblade to be as powerful as my stamblade hehe for now using destruction staff.

• No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not. ESO seems to lag worse everytime they add more animations to the game lol
    Edited by No_Division on July 28, 2019 12:36PM
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Free hand spell casting that acts like 1h-weapon would be nice as it would add a spellblade/spellshield option for people who want to take it.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Longsword is a sword that very long so you have to wield it with two hands :D personally I do like the idea of having a Spear weapon line and splitting Destruction staves into 3 lines each for fire,ice and lightning respectively. Fire focused on single target DMG and DOT damage,Lightning on AoE damage and magicka drain, and Frost on utility and Stamina drain.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again I just want a passive or anything that allows swords daggers axes etc to scale of both magic and stamina.
  • IneedaDollar
    IneedaDollar
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine the grind. Farming every set again because you need another weapon from it. Oof
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see new weapon lines.

I still think a necrostaff should be part of the game. So it could allow pets to the other classes the way res staff opens up healing.

Also need spears (stam-based, melee and range).
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1H crossbow (magicka based)

I don't like wand or rune, but a 1H xbox seems a great option. Magic dmg ideally.

Can be DW or X/B or X/Sword.

Problem would be which skill line it uses: it's own, S/B, DW?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If be happy with resource return from the greater of Stam/Mag and refined perks added to existing skill lines to compliment melee mage builds. Would be a good start
  • Fal_El
    Fal_El
    Will ZOS add new weapon skill lines? Maybe.
    Should ZOS add new weapon skill lines?
    Definitely.
    The game needs more diversity with the choice of weapon, especially with magicka weapon: 1H& rune/orb/..., alteration staff (tanking), necromantic staff (debuff)…
    I hope Teso introduces new weapons in its next chapter (Nibenay with a storyline about the Tharn family?)
  • SwoopIM
    SwoopIM
    ✭✭✭
    How about crossbows? How about dual-wield crossbows? :p
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO could definetly benefit for more weapons to fill some of the gaps on the current ones...

A crossbow line to make up for a front-bar ranged stamina DPS setup would be awesome.

Rune and sword or something similiar to allow melee magicka with melee weapons could be nice too.

Personally, I'd love some form of Alteration staff focused more on support, to allow magicka tanking, healers without destro staff and other combinations too.

But honestly, being realistic, the homogenization that has been going on latetly makes me think ZOS is starting to plan for a Spellcrafting system in 2 years time or so. All those audits are making skills that do the same thing almost copies of each other so that Spellcrafting can do the same (maybe with a little less power so that it works as a gap filler for the classes that miss something, like a CC or Execute).

Every Chapter so far brought some new skills. I think by now we can be pretty sure that next chapter is either another Guild or another Weapon/Weapons.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was old eso, new eso is not ambitious and cares less. they can do other things to satisfy your brain
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would lean towards unlikely, typically they take animations they already worked on in the past then cut.

The most likely is the Fear staves and Javelins which have some animations in-game.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Next chapter should add Weapon Skill Line + New Race