The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unstable Familiar (Sorc pet) Pulse damage source on the Assembly General and scaling discrepancy

wills43b14_ESO
wills43b14_ESO
✭✭✭
While exploring why I was receiving feedback from the Assembly General in vHoF HM (for those that don't know, while the AG is immune, any source of damage cast on the AG causes a reflection known as "Feedback" to the source; a light attack or dot will cause feedback every tick, but pet attacks will cause feedback on pets and not the owner) I came across something interesting. Pet general attacks do not reflect back at the owner as feedback, but at the pet..... with the exception of the familiar "pulse" active ability. My guess is since the ability is an activatable ability the damage is sourced from the owner, which is why feedback is sent the owners way.

Before I make my main point: pets and their abilities (like the unstable familiar pulse active ability) scale ENTIRELY off of max magicka on sorcerers (note this is not a bug, this is the way it was intended, not that I agree).

Main point: If the pulse is ONLY scaling off of max magicka (confirmed in-game and on UESP build editors' regression coefficients) why is the damage being sourced from me? In esologs the damage shows up as "Rex Malik" (my toon name) rather than Unstable familiar (see image below from esologs). Either this is unintentional and the damage should be sourced from the pet (as the scaling would indicate) or the source SHOULD be from me, but the scaling is bugged (in which case the scaling of the familiar active needs to be fixed appropriately). I'm not sure which is meant to be the case, but there's something off here.

igewpnn5rbzk.png
Godslayer
Tick Tock Tormentor
Gryphon Heart
Immortal Redeemer
  • wills43b14_ESO
    wills43b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As a quick note: I received the "Feedback" damage completely due to the familiar's pulse (and one stray spell orb from the psijic passives you can't control.... which is nice). Every time the familiar pulsed I received a tick of feedback 1s later (see below) until the pulse stopped.
    d6uhl45ovtxu.png
    yb373f54haet.png
    sfun21rwawts.png
    Godslayer
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Gryphon Heart
    Immortal Redeemer