The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A question about prog groups and vet trials

Freakin_Hytte
Freakin_Hytte
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone!

I'm mostly into pvp in ESO but I've always liked trials especially vet trials but have never joined a prog group to do the harder ones. But now I have decided on trying to join a prog group (not for the skins, but because I imagine they're quite fun to beat).
So my question is about dps, I have a stamwarden that I hit 40k self buffed on a 6mil dummy and 60k on a trial dummy and my rotation is pretty far from flawless, so I can easily squeeze in a few more k on the dummies.

So to my question: which vet trials can I do currently with this dps? And how popular/unpopular are Stam melee dps in vet trials?

Best Answer

• Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    40k on a 6mil dummy is good dps and allows you to do any vet content in the game. Just about every StamDPS class is out-damaging their Magicka counterparts so they are also quite popular in vet trials.
    Answer ✓
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanehere wrote: »
    40k on a 6mil dummy is good dps and allows you to do any vet content in the game. Just about every StamDPS class is out-damaging their Magicka counterparts so they are also quite popular in vet trials.

Thanks for answer, I thought magicka was more popular because of the range in trials since most score runs are done with magblades (at least that's what I have heard)
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on July 24, 2019 6:15PM
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    40k is fine for progression groups. Don't confuse score run groups with progression groups though, they are not the same. A progression group is generally looking to clear the content for the first time or have cleared and looking to clean the runs up and tackle achievements and then look to pushing scores better.

A score run group is going to push for very high dps, so 40k probably wouldn't cut it with them and you would also be expected to already have a very firm grasp of all mechanics.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    I thought magicka was more popular because of the range in trials since most score runs are done with magblades (at least that's what I have heard)

Used to be very true not anymore tho, magblades got nerfed real bad and stams push more DPS.

The range in magicka classes is of course a benefit and the splash dmg another one but it matters less than raw damage output on a single target (like a boss is).

Unless very specific trials/situations it really matters little if you are forced into melee or not:

Ideally all DDs want to stack the more the possible onto each other (mechanichs allowing it) in order to receive all the heals/buffs n such.

Do not get me wrong tho, there ARE cases in which you'll probably want to go ranged but stams can go bow/bow now for these circumstances.

40k is enough for pretty much anything (35k/DD used to be the requirement for vMoL in order to skip lunar phase i remember) be aware tho that more than this it's really important to have knowledge in the specific trial you want to go in since all have specific mechanics.

After all even an (hypothetical) 100k DPS selfbuffed DD that dies (and possibly kills other players as well 'cause does not know what to do) would only mean problem for his team.

DPS is needed but trial knowledge is just as important (and in some instances harder to achieve bacause you cannot test on your own like you would during parses, the only way to "get used" with certain mechs is... well... being wiped by those a couple of time).

Since this is very important ensure that you find a group that wants to PROGRESS (they run to learn) or they'll expect you to know these things already (meaning they will not have the patience to wait until you do it properly while they wipe).

After you've been in (and possibly completed) the trial and got the basic knowledge you can get into FARM groups (they go for the drops). Here it's not a big deal if you die since no-one cares about the score.

Avoid the SCORE (they run for getting better n better) groups until you are very familiar with the trial (every time one dies= less score, more time to clear the trial= less score) so they'll expect you to be quick with mechs handling and not to die.
    Edited by Noldornir on July 25, 2019 11:40AM