The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mend Wound (psjic) + Lotus Blossom (Warden) = ?

danara
danara
✭✭✭
Just want to know if this 2 spells works together or no ?

I like the new change for seeds (even if i think it is quiet op for 2k magicka 😂)
So i am thinking about warden healer.

Ty :)

Best Answers

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they do not work together, Mend wounds replaces LA/HA for healing allies and Blossom adds a heal when you LA/HA an enemy.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

Answer ✓
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This combo does work, I’ve used it in pvp

Confirmed, playing this since weeks. Its still less then 10% of my healing, but the sustain and utility feels very nice. Also its extremly buggy, if your a new player i wouldnt use that. Way to unreliable
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
    Answer ✓
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm
    danara wrote: »

I like the new change for seeds (even if i think it is quiet op for 2k magicka 😂)

I am unsure if it works or not, I did not think it did, I'll have to check.

The Psijic heal is actually one of the most powerful in the game, yet not many use it, I assume because it is expensive and labour intensive - you need to toggle it on and off. But I have healed folk through ridiculous amounts of damage by heavy attacking (healing) them with this skill. I have also made a build using this and other skills which meant I think from memory, I was providing heals per second of around 6k... not much need for any other healing, though it can be intensive to keep all the dots up, and burst heal big damage when needed.

Just tested it:
    1) Blossom + Mend: There is the light attack proc of Blossom, but not the heavy attack one.
    2) Vanus + Mend: No proc from Vanus
    3) Blossom + Vanus + Mend: Same as point 1 and 2 above

What a mess.
    Answer ✓
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    I believe they do not work together, Mend wounds replaces LA/HA for healing allies and Blossom adds a heal when you LA/HA an enemy.

i see your point but in theory a heavy attack is a heavy attack and it ought to work together regardless of who is the object of the heavy attack. But clearly med wounds does say it replaces your light and heavy attacks so i guess that is the stipulation that asserts they will not work together.. Even so, it's worth testing... just to be sure.

Lotus Blossom: Cost: [2970 / 2880 / 2790 / 2700] Magicka.
    Embrace the lotus blessing, causing your Light Attacks to restore 1320 Health and your fully-charged Heavy Attacks to restore 3960 Health to you or a nearby ally for 20 seconds. You gain Major Prophecy, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2191 for 20 seconds

Symbiosis: Invoke the Rites of Moawita, replacing your Light and Heavy Attacks with healing abilities that can be used on allies. Your Light Attacks heal for [2857 / 2888 / 2919 / 2950]. Your Heavy Attacks heal for [2539 / 2567 / 2594 / 2622] every 1 second, and restore 1155 Magicka to you while channeling. You heal yourself for 50% of the amount of healing done to the ally.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

i see your point but in theory a heavy attack is a heavy attack and it ought to work together regardless of who is the object of the heavy attack. But clearly med wounds does say it replaces your light and heavy attacks so i guess that is the stipulation that asserts they will not work together.. Even so, it's worth testing... just to be sure.

Lotus Blossom: Cost: [2970 / 2880 / 2790 / 2700] Magicka.
    Embrace the lotus blessing, causing your Light Attacks to restore 1320 Health and your fully-charged Heavy Attacks to restore 3960 Health to you or a nearby ally for 20 seconds. You gain Major Prophecy, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2191 for 20 seconds

Symbiosis: Invoke the Rites of Moawita, replacing your Light and Heavy Attacks with healing abilities that can be used on allies. Your Light Attacks heal for [2857 / 2888 / 2919 / 2950]. Your Heavy Attacks heal for [2539 / 2567 / 2594 / 2622] every 1 second, and restore 1155 Magicka to you while channeling. You heal yourself for 50% of the amount of healing done to the ally.

If they did work together the potential single target healing would be huge, just for doing a heavy attack. and on top of that you get major protection for changeling via psijic passive
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    I see your points, ty

I think ZOS should change the texte of lotus then with something "when you damage an ennemy with a LA you heal..."
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see your points, ty

I think ZOS should change the texte of lotus then with something "when you damage an enemy with a LA you heal..."

I think this is more wishful thinking from your end. :) The Psijic skill says "replacing your light and heavy". The "replacing" is key here - the light and heavy attacks do not happen, something else does, so Lotus Blossom's condition cannot trigger anymore.

I too was super excited when I first read it! imagine Symbiosis + Lotus + Vanus' set. Now imagine two players doing this in battlegrounds while one of them has a chaos ball. :lol:
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    @WolfingHour fair point !

*** yeah i want to imagine that ! 😂

And from à pve perspective ? Is lotus blossom really worth it ?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend Wounds doesn’t interact with most (all?) things that buff LA/HA which is a major design flaw of the skill. If you make it replace your usual LA/HA make it worth it and let other LA/HA sets or effects scale with it.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    @danara Not really. At least I never found myself in a situation where that skill would make a difference. The light attacks only heal you. Only the heavy attack heals one other person, so its a delayed random heal on a single person if you are in a group. If you compare it to Fungal Growth (the aoe cone heal), Blossom is worst on all aspects, even cost if you look at it from a cost/HP in a group scenario. Fungal is like 4k and heals 4 people immediately (plus effects of whichever morph you pick) while blossom heals you + one other person (perhaps) for half of that. Perhaps if you are solo questing I guess? If I'm desperate for Major Prophecy I would rather run Inner Light. At least that gives me Max Magicka and you don't even need to cast it! :lol:

@Seraphayel Indeed! It's mechanically a bit clunky too. It's a toggle that carries over between tabs, so if you want to turn it off, because left clicks are something that we need to do as healers, then you either use a second slot in the other tab for it, or you need to keep track of your active tab. It just seems a lot of hoops to jump through for little gain.
  • GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    @GusTheWizard t'y for confirming !

I played healer since one tamriel (5 years Now ?) but i never really played warden thought, wasnt in the mood, i dont like the toolkit, but that is my opinion ^^ i dont say it is bad !

But i need to change Right know, i want to play other thing (im fed up with my templar, i give up for my dk and NB cause of the nerf... And my raid lead doesnt want me to play my necro cause it is weak compare to templar /warden) so I am exploring all the possibilities of warden healing in pve/pvp

If you have time, you can check my post about warden healer in pve (trial spec), i propose a build and explain why my différent choice (in General Eso Discussion)

I would love to have your thought :)
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Psijic heal is actually one of the most powerful in the game, yet not many use it, I assume because it is expensive and labour intensive - you need to toggle it on and off. But I have healed folk through ridiculous amounts of damage by heavy attacking (healing) them with this skill. I have also made a build using this and other skills which meant I think from memory, I was providing heals per second of around 6k... not much need for any other healing, though it can be intensive to keep all the dots up, and burst heal big damage when needed.
    Edited by Grianasteri on July 25, 2019 10:15AM
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭

If that is true, then it's a recent bug, because the skill never worked like this before.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The skill was great up until Elsweyr where they changed it for the worse.
    Edited by Seraphayel on July 25, 2019 5:19PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm

Just tested it:
    1) Blossom + Mend: There is the light attack proc of Blossom, but not the heavy attack one.

What a mess.

Yeah it’s ridiculous.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler do you have an update regarding this? I mean you can’t reliably use the skill as its interactions with other skills are totally unclear. Can you make it so that it just scales as a usual LA/HA when you use Mend Wounds and it benefits by all relating things? Or nothing in the end. Just be consequent and clear about that skill overall.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm

Just tested it:

What a mess.

Its mess because Mend does not actually use heavy attack mechanics, its don't have ending that will register it as heavy attack finishing and from it proc other skills and sets, its constant channel without finishing.