Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Do you use Stealth Detect in PVE?

max_only
max_only
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Be it a potion or a skill.

Zos_Roger J asked me to recreate this discussion : Greetings! As this thread is several months old originally we've closed it as some information may be out of date. We ask that you recreate the thread if you wish to discuss this topic.
Edited by max_only on July 24, 2019 4:01PM
#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
#OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
|| CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom

Do you use Stealth Detect in PVE? 320 votes

Yes I use stealth detect in PVE
7%
driosketchGilvothVevvevKatahdinChunkyCatProbablePaulsusmitdsRaddlemanNumber7heavenelvaNolic1NoszetAurieLex7xeLJaraallabambaoZacuelMrsinister2redlink1979nsmurferdarkblue5 23 votes
No I don’t use stealth detect in PVE
92%
NestorSirAndyrfennell_ESOBlueRavenvailjohn_ESOdarthgummibear_ESOPinesyTheWhitePhoenixjnjdun_ESOdelta_mysticAcrolasBowserBigBraggdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdcam86b14_ESOAnimal_MotherkennethkatalDarcyMardinVezWuffyCerulei 297 votes
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having inner light slotted but going unused doesn’t count because technically you aren’t using the stealth detect portion of that skill. You are using this part “While slotted, your Max Magicka is increased by 5% and you gain Major Prophecy, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2191.” and any Mages Guild passives.
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont even use it in pvp. But i do get my ass whooped on the rare ocassion i am there.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t pvp in Cyrodiil much anymore since battlegrounds came out. Not much use in BGs either. I’m thinking stealth detect is a relative non-issue for the game which is why Zos perplexed me
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really depends. There's some bosses that will go into stealth and to help the DPS out, I'll throw up an Inner Light so they can continue to attack said bosses, but I don't find it to be a necessity.
    Options
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Never and why?
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I've been using it almost every day since February, and haven't detected a damn thing.

Worst idea I've ever seen in my years of playing.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only by accident if my finger slips and magelight is slotted :/
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
    Options
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only when I fail to notice my bar swap failed. And once yesterday when my cat jumped up on my lap during a dragon fight, causing a bit of flailing on my part.
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The adds in PVE which use sealth, die so fast they wont have a chance to stealth anyways...so not needed.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know things ever use stealth in PvE. Are you talking about during combat? I've played for nearly three years now without ever bothering with any of the skills to do that and it seems a waste of my attention to start now. I mean the mobs that go invisible briefly during combat telegraph their attack from where they're standing so you know where they are anyway.
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just because of this

While slotted, your Max Magicka is increased by 5% and you gain Major Prophecy, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2191.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I believe it to be a questionable change to racial passives that could have been managed through set modification or skill lines, such as the the mages inner light. Something equivalent from the fighters guild for example.

Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a crit build on my MagSorc so:

I voted yes only because I always have Inner Light slotted on both bars, for the 5% Magicka increase and most importantly the Major Prophecy with its 2191 Spell Crit Rating.

There should be a third 'Other' option on this poll.
    Options
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, if bear doesnt count. He has a good nose for such :)
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I answered no, but.....

When I am PvEing in Cyrodiil, I use it.

Edited by Nestor on July 24, 2019 11:01AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I use it, and it is so efficient that no mob have ever been able to use stealth to attack me by surprise.
    Edited by TankinatorFR on July 24, 2019 11:19AM
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because of this

While slotted, your Max Magicka is increased by 5% and you gain Major Prophecy, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2191.
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    I have a crit build on my MagSorc so:

I voted yes only because I always have Inner Light slotted on both bars, for the 5% Magicka increase and most importantly the Major Prophecy with its 2191 Spell Crit Rating.

There should be a third 'Other' option on this poll.

No there doesn’t need to be an other option. You aren’t using it to detect stealth. There are other multipurpose skills that people slot for one effect and not the other.
    You aren’t detecting stealth in pve, inner light just has to be slotted, not activated.
    Edited by max_only on July 24, 2019 1:03PM
    Options
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    Outside of thieves guild or dark brotherhood, there's no use for stealth in pve.
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there actually any mobs that start off stealthed, if there are they're so very few and far between it would seem pointless to waste points on a detection skill and why the nerf to Khajiit racials a while back brought nothing worthwhile to replace the loss of steatlh radious reduction.
    Outside of thieves guild or dark brotherhood, there's no use for stealth in pve.
    What stealth DETECTION do either of those guilds make us of?
    Edited by KerinKor on July 24, 2019 1:07PM
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What? In PvE? The 99.999999999999999999999999% of PvE content doesn't need any stealth detection.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has chosen to not put stealth NPCs into the game where this is useful. It would be a great idea for trash mobs in a trial.

So there really is little need or purpose for the discussion. We know the answer.
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use stealth detect anywhere in the game. I do slot Mage Light but that is for the buffs not stealth detection. In fact I would rather see the buffs become a passive or tied to another skill so I could free up a slot on my main bar.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things can stealth in PvE?
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only by accident if my finger slips and magelight is slotted :/

I hate when this happens in a dungeon, lol. I literally feel the eyes of the other players looking at me and saying WTH are you doing maine!
    Options
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never since the BIG RED EYE is invading my screen

But i stopped also to use it in PVP for the same reason
    Edited by Lauranae on July 24, 2019 2:48PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
    Options
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not sure what the point of this poll is.
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of people justifying their "yes" answers with the Mage's Guild passive, when OP says specifically that the skill doesn't count if you aren't using it specifically for stealth detect :tongue:

Honestly, I had no idea it could be used in PVE. Thinking about it there are some common skills where enemies stealth and charge up a heavy, but I'd much rather block than waste resources on something as minor as that.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They can't. The OP is a pointlessly rhetorical question. I'm not sure why it is even being asked.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

They can't. The OP is a pointlessly rhetorical question. I'm not sure why it is even being asked.

its being asked because of the bosmer passives rework that essentially made one of them useless for any kind of pve, when they replaced reduced detection radius when in stealth with increased stealth detection. this is likely hoping to make a point to ZoS that their bosmer stealth passive rework may not have been the best decision.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If only stealth detection could reveal the Indrik boss in vMoS :(
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options