Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Carbonised's Picture Book - Outstanding Outfits, Mezmerising Motifs and More

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm usually more known for showcasing houses I made (they're all in my signature if you're curious), but it's been a while since any new house came out that I was excited for, or even bought. Hence, time to add something new to my portfolio. This thread will be focusing on showcasing a few outfits, costumes and other character customization that I've made, and maybe inspire people to make something similar. I've gotten at least a few whispers complimenting my characters' looks, so I can't be the only one who finds them pretty =D

The majority of the screens will be of my main character, my Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight, but with a few additions of my other 5 characters here and there as well. I only play magicka, so you'll mostly see light armor and staves. Though of course I have a tank setup for my main as well, so there'll be some sword & shield and heavy armor here and there too. I have almost all dyes unlocked, which makes for a nice varied palette, though I mostly keep to reds, at least for my main. Dunmer DKs just look better in red, plus it's the Ebonheart Pact colour, after all.

I often find a look that fits with the new DLC and zones, cultural appropriation and all that. Or just a cosmopolitan Dunmer's way of experiencing something new and exotic. I also try and find a new look for each of the festivals/events of the year, such as New Life, Witche's Festival, Midyear Mayhem and Jester's. Sadly I didn't think of this idea before now, so all the former outfits I've made are lost in the past. But at least from here on I'll try and document the various looks that I make. Feel free to comment, praise, critique or emulate. But please don't post screens of your own characters in this thread. There's already an (un)official outfit thread going around the forums, or you can make your own post. I'd like to reserve this thread for my own outfits, and keep it as a sort of album.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, time for the first outfit in this series. It's the Year of the Cat, or otherwise known as Khajiiti time. The robe was included in the collector's edition of the chapter, or was it preorder bonus, can't recall. Anyway, it's a pretty nice cat robe, which I coloured red and gold. The Bandaari weapons we got in the crates, and the matching shield from daily login rewards, really fit the robe and make for a fitting catman look. I didn't colour the shield of weapons, they already come in a nice golden colour. I've showcased both a look with staff, and one with sword and shield. Really nice weapons and shield, best ones in a long time I think. To finish off the look, there's various Bandaari circlets and tassel jewelry from the crates as well.

d05Gw4B.jpg

GgqVRCi.jpg

feu11z7.jpg

Rsb8eTu.png

qTGpgoq.png

jOFuwuO.jpg

FBmWTDI.jpg

Ra4DfgG.jpg
    Edited by Carbonised on July 23, 2019 7:15PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to introduce an alt, let's start with the most recent addition, Dreyla Dagoth - Dunmer Vampire Necromancer of lost House Dagoth.

I tried a few various outfits, but ended up liking the Dremora motif the most. It's sinister, somber, and has that necromancer feel about it. Since the face mask also encloses the entire head, it's also great for hiding the fugly vampire skin. Colour scheme has been kept in Daedric red and various blacks.

MvQ6ePU.png

wZ9S8ZG.jpg

Y6WxwzU.jpg
    Edited by Carbonised on July 24, 2019 1:46PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sweet @Carbonised !!!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Pretty sweet @Carbonised !!!

Thanks! I plan on introducing my other 4 alts in the next couple days, then try and show off some more outfits for my main. I usually change outfits with the events, seasons and new releases, so it'll probably be a while in between updates =)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calls the Khajiiti royal Clan Chief garments a "cat robe".

Much more its a slaving Dunmer wearing it. TRIGGERED :p
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Calls the Khajiiti royal Clan Chief garments a "cat robe".

Much more its a slaving Dunmer wearing it. TRIGGERED :p

Well I did say I enjoy some cultural appropriation. And it only says "Noble Clan Chief", doesn't say if it's a garment, robe or dress or whatever. If you think this is bad, just wait 'till we get to the lizardmen ;)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to introduce Telvon Telvanni, my sorcerer. While the Telvanni motif looks 'alright', I've opted to go with the Tsaesci light armor look and staff instead. It's a nice, exotic style, and I think it looks perfect on a Telvanni Wizard. It's also one of the few light armor styles that's not a robe, but more of a travel outfit with pants and a half kilt. I used blue and metallic dyes to keep with the sorcerer colour scheme, and the Tsaesci staff sort of looks like a lightning rod or fork, which is nice.

cNssUml.png

YhWAk92.png
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    YhWAk92.png

Someone in the background there didn't want his picture taken...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    YhWAk92.png

Someone in the background there didn't want his picture taken...

His outfit is rather bland and boring compared to my suave threads. Guess he got embarrassed =D
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picture of the day, my Templar, Revvyn Redoran. This time I went with the Ordinator motif, which is pretty nice, especially the helm. Unfortunately, the staff motif is pretty boring, in fact, most of the staffs from Morrowind DLC were pretty uninteresting, sadly, so I decided to go with the Celestial motif for staff instead. Colours have been kept in blues and gold, to fit that radiant divine Templar colour scheme as well.

bmTLAPW.png

OZh5JVp.jpg

zulubTe.jpg
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Introducing my Nightblade, Dinya Dres. Fittingly she's clad in mostly Morag Tong motif, but unfortunately the staves are not that great looking, just like most staves and most motifs of the Morrowind DLC, sadly. But I find that changing them for the Ebony motif staves works pretty well. Colour scheme has been kept mostly in black and grey, to keep with the class theme. The Dragonscale Guar mount fits this motif very well, since it's clad in dragonbone as well, like the Morag Tong motif also has bones adorned at various joints. Anyway, here are the pics.

22pFs7b.png

76krLSS.jpg
    Edited by Carbonised on July 29, 2019 1:53PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picture of the day, my Warden, Hleran Hlaalu. This one is pretty simple, I find that the Warden costume that came with Vvardenfell DLC works well for this character, so I just went with the Iceheart staves, since my Warden uses frost staves and frost magic both. That's all my alts introduced, next update in this thread will probably be around Witches' Festival. We have no nice new styles coming, so I'm looking forward to making a spooky witches outfit later this year. Stay tuned!

eurW64H.png

iNqzb3f.jpg

a3R63yI.png
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks great! Congrats @Carbonised
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time for some more cultural appropriation! I try and make an outfit fitting for the various DLC celebratory events, to show off my cosmopolitan Dunmer's fashionable taste. This time it's to celebrate the Orsinium DLC, so I've made a costume consisting of the Wise Woman Vestment along with Ancient Orc staves. I found a haircut and some facial adornments that I think are fitting for an Orsimer look as well. To top it off, I'm using my hairy guar mount and hairy guar pet (aka Frostbane Guars), which are perfectly suitable for the cold climate in Wrothgar. Happy Orsinium celebration, may Malacath be with you!

hLYZNzh.jpg

yOcY1i8.jpg

UTwimau.jpg

ALPjKB6.jpg

Yof0mWt.jpg
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City event is coming up tomorrow, so time for another themed costume. Always the cosmopolitan Dunmer, this time Indira is sporting the very fashionable Nibenese Noble's Shawled Robe, with a matching headdress. The Molag Kena staff tops this outfit off perfectly, since it's set in an Imperial looking style, plus it's thematic for the Imperial City event as well. Everything has been dyed red and gold, the Fire Drake red especially provides a very bold and vivid bright red colour, without the metallic sheen of Ruby Throne red or the new red dye from Scalebreaker dungeons. Enjoy your Imperial event!

XLxk80q.png

hzitlSm.jpg

l2JLtNV.jpg
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An alternate Imperial City look. Emperor costume and Kena staff

Yg7kkSQ.jpg

2ZM6zyo.jpg

pvVlxC6.jpg
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witches Festival is just around the corner, but before we get to the witchin' times, there's a short intermezzo of plague drenched nastiness. The New Moon mounts and weapons are perfect for a sinister Peryite Plague Monk look, especially with the plague-ridden senche panther that I was lucky to get in this batch of crates.

This thematic look is simple enough, the Peryite Skeevemaster Robes make up the foundation of the outfit, coupled with the New Moon weapons and a New Moon diseased mount of your choice. I kept the original colours since I think they are already pretty nice, with a diseased green and purple hue. Would have included a New Moon pet too, but we don't get them until the weekend.

Happy diseason, and see you at the Witches Festival in a little time.

oOvNq6W.jpg

tkN4R8D.jpg

wXdxzbc.jpg

5GxgQiQ.jpg

ObkuxM6.png

zyMFAgq.png

isEKQb9.jpg
    Edited by Carbonised on September 19, 2019 5:12PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's witching' time.

Last year Indira was a pumpkin specter, this yeah, however, I decided to go with a traditional witches outfit, especially since we are now getting the witch title, the witches hat and the new Glenmoril outfit.

I don't particularly like the Glenmoril armor pieces, so I went with the Glenmoril Coven costume instead, but am using the Glenmoril staff which is wicked cool with its spiderweb threading that looks sort of like a dreamcatcher.
    The hat is the broadbrimmed acorn hat, since I still haven't gotten the real witches hat yet, but it will do as a replacement anyway.

Enjoy the witching season!

Y4JULmU.jpg

iIT5f6k.jpg

STIzGcs.jpg

VGgTPwi.jpg

X3fBpoL.jpg

zMcGJQ0.jpg

TTZ317o.jpg
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look great! :smiley: I especially like Indira’s Nibanese Noble dress and her current witchy attire! Where did you get the Glenmoril staff?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    They look great! :smiley: I especially like Indira’s Nibanese Noble dress and her current witchy attire! Where did you get the Glenmoril staff?

Thank you :) The Nibenese outfit is definitely what I would consider one of my "main" outfits, just due to how great it looks on this character, but it's nice to try some new themes and looks as well, to spice things up a bit.

The Glenmoril staff, along with the rest of the Glenmoril outfit armors/weapons are dropping right now at the Witches festival, from Dremora type skulls. You can buy them at the event merchant too, and at guild traders, for not too much gold.