The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will the AoE on the heavy attack with lightningstaff get nerfed also?

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
Or does it stay unchanged?
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still wondering
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would make it get nerfed?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was already nerfed when HA builds came into existence after Morrowind due to sustain issues.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    I thought it was already nerfed when HA builds came into existence after Morrowind due to sustain issues.

This and I think it was nerfed outside of this but I could be wrong. With how much this game changes every 3 months it is hard to keep track.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to stop doing that. People are confused and fed up with the constant changes, in the name of keeping the game ‘alive’.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If enough PVPers whine about it then yes, it'll be nerfed, seems to be what history tells us with ZoS.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a high elf, vampire, mag sorc with no pets. I use Undaunted Infiltrator and Infallible Aether/Mage sets and usually Grothdar like the Easy Mode Sorc guy. I don't have Maelstrom lightning staff yet, but when I do, my lightning staff heavy attacks will be very powerful. They already are even without the Maelstrom staff. I realize this doesn't answer your question about what's happening post-patch, but my point is that if you choose the right gear, CPs, mundus etc. you can maximize everything for powerful heavy attacks and I doubt that will change post patch, even if it's nerfed in some way I doubt it will be significant.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    I am a high elf, vampire, mag sorc with no pets. I use Undaunted Infiltrator and Infallible Aether/Mage sets and usually Grothdar like the Easy Mode Sorc guy. I don't have Maelstrom lightning staff yet, but when I do, my lightning staff heavy attacks will be very powerful. They already are even without the Maelstrom staff. I realize this doesn't answer your question about what's happening post-patch, but my point is that if you choose the right gear, CPs, mundus etc. you can maximize everything for powerful heavy attacks and I doubt that will change post patch, even if it's nerfed in some way I doubt it will be significant.

They are still weaker than two light attacks... That allow the use of another skill in between...
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning attack AoE is granted by the Tri Focus destruction staff passive. I just read through the relevant portions of the PTS patch notes and both followon updates to the notes. There is no mention in the current PTS patch notes about the Tri Focus passive. I read that to mean no change to the lightning staff AoE feature.

For a more definitive answer from those actually playing on PTS, you might ask on the PTS forum.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch light attacks are being changed to do .005 percent damage of the targets max health. True story.