The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK - NB - Necro?

billywink3b14_ESO
I cannot decide. I haven't really played this game much since launch. I come back off and on when there's new expansions and such. I'm having a lot of fun now but I cannot choose a class to main right now. I've never gotten to "end game" PVP, which I want to.

I've finalized my decisions to the 3 classes here:

Dragonknight
Nighblade
Necromancer

Magicks or Stamina, I enjoy both.

I do not, again, I DO NOT CARE about a patch or changes coming up to these classes. I believe if you enjoy a class you'll be able to work around every nerf, buff, etc and still be able to enjoy yourself solo and competitively. I am not looking to be a theory crafter so no, I am not that intense of a gamer.

Questions: You don't have to answer every one, just the one you feel you can provide the most input.

1. Out of those 3 which do you find would be the most beneficial to a group;
a. Main DPS
b. 2nd DPS - lower than above but provides beneficial utility to the group and self (CC's, buffs, etc).
c. Main Heal
d. Off-Heals - lower than above but provides beneficial utility to group and self (CC's, buffs, etc).
e. Tank - low DPS but high survivability and utility beneficial for the group and self. Kind of like being an annoying big brother with zero strength but honestly you can't kill him he's bc so big and annoying.

2. Out of those 3 which do you find would be the most beneficial running solo (soloQ BGs or solo running around Cyrodill)?

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to respond to my lame ass <3
Edited by billywink3b14_ESO on July 22, 2019 7:38PM
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot decide. I haven't really played this game much since launch. I come back off and on when there's new expansions and such. I'm having a lot of fun now but I cannot choose a class to main right now. I've never gotten to "end game" PVP, which I want to.

Dragonknight
    Nighblade
    Necromancer

I do not, again, I DO NOT CARE about a patch or changes coming up to these classes. I believe if you enjoy a class you'll be able to work around every nerf, buff, etc and still be able to enjoy yourself solo and competitively. I am not looking to be a theory crafter so no, I am not that intense of a gamer.

Questions: You don't have to answer every one, just the one you feel you can provide the most input.

a. Main DPS
    b. 2nd DPS - lower than above but provides beneficial utility to the group and self (CC's, buffs, etc).
    c. Main Heal
    d. Off-Heals - lower than above but provides beneficial utility to group and self (CC's, buffs, etc).
    e. Tank - low DPS but high survivability and utility beneficial for the group and self. Kind of like being an annoying big brother with zero strength but honestly you can't kill him he's bc so big and annoying.

2. Out of those 3 which do you find would be the most beneficial running solo (soloQ BGs or solo running around Cyrodill)?

It would be helpful if we knew if you were looking to run Magicka or Stamina on these classes, as that factors into a lot of the answers to your questions but I'll try my best, I am also only answering in matters of PvP as that is the only thing you mentioned:

1a. DPS would probably go to Stamina Nightblade and Stamina Dragonknight, although I would not recommend either of these if you are trying to run in a small group in PvP as they don't bring as much to the table as the other classes you mentioned.

1b. Isn't the second highest DPS but the one that brings a lot of utility to the group is Magicka Dragonknight. In groups they are often support builds that are more focused on CC and immobilization while the other members do the damage. Their shifting standards are really helpful in putting major defile and with the synergy it immobilizes enemies. Necromancer is also supposed to be a great group class with their Colossus ultimate hitting hard and giving enemies major vulnerability and their resurrection ultimate immediately bringing multiple teammates back from the dead.

1c. I know Magicka Nightblade can pull off a healer role but I don't think it will be as good as Magicka Necro. I am not very educated in regards to PvP Healing but out of those 3 classes none of them would be as sought after in a group as a Magicka Templar or a Magicka Warden.

1d. See 1c.

1e. Tanks are completely useless in PvP. Do not run a tank, yeah you will not die, but you will also be completely useless to your team because you do no damage and when the enemy realizes you are a tank they will ignore you and you will just be sitting there watching as your team gets wiped around you.

2. Any of those 3 classes can run solo when you have a good understanding of the PvP environment and how your class works. With that said Stamina Nightblade has long been the absolute best solo class due to it's mobility, stealth, and high burst damage. With it the being the best solo class it is also the worst class to run in group PvP.
  • billywink3b14_ESO
    Sorry on my phone rn so will be back again to read but I wanted to say that I updated my post to include that I love both magicks and stamina.

With regards to my final questions: you can speak to magicka or stamina :)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dragonknight
    Nighblade
    Necromancer

a. Main DPS
    c. Main Heal

1.ab) StamDK > Stamnecro > MagDK > Magblade > Magnecro > Stamblade

C and D) Magblade (shines smallscale) = Magnecro (shines larger scale) > MagDK

E) StamDK > MagDK > Stamnecro > Stamblade > Magnecro > Magblade

2. StamDK = Stamblade = Magblade = Stamnecro > MagDK > Magnecro... but this is the answer I’m not sure about if you’re solo in cyrodiil.

If you’re talking BGs: Magblade Healer > StamDK > MagDK > Stamcro > Magcro > Magblade (dps) > Stamblade... no one likes seeing Stamblades show up on their team in BGs. It’s a solo class, I’ve seen some do more then soak up healing and were tanky with a S&B, but it’s rare.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 22, 2019 7:51PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten