The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Achieving Dawnbreaker - FG skill line

Susan_Sto
Susan_Sto
✭✭✭
I'm trying to get Dawnbreaker, but no matter how many dolmens i complete it doesn't improve the Ultimate.

I'm level 10 in the FG skill line but only have two of the FG active abilities active. So I need to max out all four before I can get Dawnbreaker?

Any suggestions?
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the skill slotted on your bar? Once you unlock a skill, it will rank up as you earn XP from any source provided that it is on your currently active skill bar when you gain that XP.
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    I have maxed out the two skills I have unlocked so far, but none of the extra EXP I have gained has gone onto Dawnbreaker.

Do i need to unlock all four of the active abilities to start build EXP towards Dawnbreaker?
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I assume what your saying is you can't skill Dawn break yet because you haven't fully leveled FG.

To level fighters guild you don't need to use any of the skills you just need to kill undead, deadra, vampires, and werewolfs. The best way to earn is to go somewhere with a lot of undead or go to the desert and join a dolman group.

Once you fully level FG by doing this you can get dawn breaker then you just need it on your skill bar to level like any other skill to morph it.
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    I have maxed out FG but Dawnbreaker still doen't gather any EXP, I have been doing Dolmen runs but still nada.

My toon is 700+ but still cannot use or slot Dawnbreaker.

Which is why I was wondering if I have to max out all of the active abilities.

• JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Susan_Sto wrote: »
    I have maxed out FG but Dawnbreaker still doen't gather any EXP, I have been doing Dolmen runs but still nada.

No you don't have to max out other skills, once you hit rank 10 fighters guild you can skill point into dawnbreaker. Then once you have it on your bar it levels as any other skill so you can morph it.
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    JadonSky wrote: »

No you don't have to max out other skills, once you hit rank 10 fighters guild you can skill point into dawnbreaker. Then once you have it on your bar it levels as any other skill so you can morph it.

Ok, thanks.

I don't know why but I am rank 10 and still can't.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JadonSky wrote: »

Ok, thanks.

I don't know why but I am rank 10 and still can't.

Verify you have done these two things:
    1) You unlocked Dawnbreaker by using a skill point on it?
    2) You slotted Dawnbreaker on one, or both, of your bars?
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also note, that world skill lines (Fighters, Mages, Undaunted, etc..) always seem to take longer to level up than others. If you've answered "yes" to both of my questions above, then complete like 10 dolmens (with Dawnbreaker slotted on both bars) and you'll see that it's moved slightly.

The reason for "slotted on both bars" is that if you're on your front bar when the dolmen finishes, then no skills on the back bar will get experience. The skills on the bar you have equipped will be the only ones that get xp in them.
    Edited by Donny_Vito on July 22, 2019 7:24PM
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    Got it, will do.
    Thanks.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are level 10 in FG Dawnbreaker should be available to use. Do you have enough skill points available to unlock it?

Also, once you hit level 10 in FG, you no longer earn FG points. Regular experience points are used to level skills once they are unlocked.