The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Maelstrom Weapons

Sergg007
Sergg007
✭✭✭✭
Why ZOS can't make all Maelstrom weapons useful?
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhhh did you see the PTS yet?
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are seeing a Renaissance when it comes to vMA weapons in pve, the dual wield, the 2h and the bow are all going to be a viable option for Stam. And of course the destro is still best in slot. So only the s/b and resto need help.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 21, 2019 10:32PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are seeing a Renaissance when it comes to vMA weapons in pve, the dual wield, the 2h and the bow are all going to be a viable option for Stam. And of course the destro is still best in slot. So only the s/b and resto need help.

^This.^

In PvP even too ... I still run vMA Greatsword back bar on my Stamina Nightblade.

Though the Resto is going to the trash heap after the Regeneration nerf (unless ZOS decides to revamp it).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 22, 2019 3:25AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.^

In PvP even too ... I still run vMA Greatsword back bar on my Stamina Nightblade.

Though the Resto is going to the trash heap after the Regeneration nerf (unless ZOS decides to revamp it).

"When you critically heal with Regeneration, you restore 800 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds."

I'm still trying to get this to drop, but what changes to Regeneration are hurting this?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

^This.^

"When you critically heal with Regeneration, you restore 800 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds."

I'm still trying to get this to drop, but what changes to Regeneration are hurting this?

Going from 16-20 second to 5-10, rapid regen vs mutagen. Also going from 2 targets per cast to only one for both morphs.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.^

Going from 16-20 second to 5-10, rapid regen vs mutagen. Also going from 2 targets per cast to only one for both morphs.

Ok, I thought I missed something else. That's not a great change for it, but it doesn't seem like a deal breaker for me. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing the arena sets get an update
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.^

Ok, I thought I missed something else. That's not a great change for it, but it doesn't seem like a deal breaker for me. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing the arena sets get an update

Not a game breaker indeed, but lowering the chance for the proc by aprox 4 times, when it was not used anyway, yeeeeeeee sucks.

Edit: ye, salt, i was using it on my hybrid tank healer for dungeons
    Edited by zvavi on July 22, 2019 3:26PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Per the patch notes: "Thunderous Volley: This item set will now retain its bonus if you bar swap before it can first register its damage. Rejoice, as you no longer need to sit around twiddling your thumbs before continuing your rotation!"

YESSSSSSSSSS
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

^This.^

Not a game breaker indeed, but lowering the chance for the proc by aprox 4 times, when it was not used anyway, yeeeeeeee sucks.

Yeah but now the skills is basically like vigor so you're going to have it up most of the time anyway.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

^This.^

Yeah but now the skills is basically like vigor so you're going to have it up most of the time anyway.

Up on whom? I was using it to off heal while tanking vet dlc. The skill might be stronger, but when i will have time to keep it up 100% on 3 dds? Also mag tank so low stamina so the new (and better vigor) is not strong enough to justify it's slot