The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is the Auto-loot Setting

Doctor_David
I understand there is an auto-loot setting in the game? Where is it?

The one place that I found that talked about it, didn't look like my settings (I assume it was because it was 4 years old)?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it not in the Gameplay section like it used to be? Not in game so I can't check but I'm sure last time I needed it that's where it was .. Gameplay has changed over the years, for example that's where they put the "Don't attack innocents" setting when that was added to the game.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, some addons can over ride this setting. So you can change it in game, but the addon can make things work differently. Writ Crafter is one, but have not tested all the combos.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand there is an auto-loot setting in the game? Where is it?

The one place that I found that talked about it, didn't look like my settings (I assume it was because it was 4 years old)?

Make sure at least that on your profile here on forum which platform you using, so we don't have to ask this every time you have a question or an issue.

On PC you go to setting by pressing [escape]>settings>combat (not sure if it is combat as I am not on my PC right now)

Here you have to scroll down a bit and there you should see Auto-loot and some other options that are related to loot in game. Make sure that you don't auto-loot stolen goods as those would in that case be looted too when you open any container and can give you a fine (bounty) if a guard or a green NPC see you take things. There are add on which can prevent this and aid you in how loot works.

Here is a list of add on that can help you with some of your inventory management.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/index.php?cid=20

I recommend to use Minion both to search from Minion, add (download and install), remove (remove either just add on or also save variables which is text file containing your settings for that add on) and also auto update add on (most important reason to use Minion).

https://minion.mmoui.com/

Be aware that some authors for add on nowadays make use of libraries (code that are shared) (most start their name with "lib" like in LibMenu which is needed for add on to work; from Minion you can directly to authors we page on ESOUI and see changes, dependency in form of libraries and comments [change tab on main page for add on] to see for known issues.

I use JunkBuster to set up filter for what to auto move to junk section in inventory and then be sold at NPC vendor. As example all Ornate trait normal (white) items can be put into Junk section and auto sold when you interact with NPC vendor. Ornate is trait that give more worth of selling items at NPC, Same can be done for all white items or you can just ignore those items not worth anything when you use auto-loot.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info266-JunkBuster.html

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1947-Junkee2018.html

There is add on that can do the same when you interact with a fence (either stolen item is sold or laundered). For those cases where I don't find a way to set up a filter I use a key bind which junk items.

MasterThief, and LazyThief overlap in features, but both are useful to set up how to handle stolen items, MasterThief let you see what recipes you know or don't. LazyThief have three settings: item quality (from trash to legend), handling when you interact with container (all loot is in "container" incl bodies)(remove which is same as destry, take item or ignore) and at fence you can pick between sell, launder or do nothing.

Important information, some items do not have a category like "scrolls" (on tooltip left upper corner you see this information) and in some quests like Daily in Clockwork City with Crows where you are supposed to collect stolen "treasure" of a specific type (example only toys or kitchen utility), you will need to adjust these settings. Always use settings that will show you what is going on in chat, so you can track what is happening. Items sold at normal NPC vendor can be bought back, if this happens and you aren't waiting too long, but at NPC fencer a sold item is gone.

//RexyCat

• Doctor_David
    Thanks