The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamDK players, what healing ability do you use?

almightyalfo
almightyalfo
✭✭✭
I'm in a dilemma now, since there are a lot of builds going around the internet.

What do you suggest I use combined with Igneous Shield which gives Major Mending.
Does Cauterize heal the caster or just the allies around? I'm asking this cause I've seen a lot of builds using Cauterize as the main healing ability.
Besides Cauterize - Green Dragon Blood or Resolving Vigor?

Please share your thoughts :)
PC-EU
Daggerfall Covenant only

My Characters [All CP 810+]:
Aeriel Nightvale (Bosmer StamDK) - "Stormproof" - Crafter
Ranzaiq Longclaw (Khajiit StamPlar) - "The Merciless" - Stamina DD (PVE/PVP)
Freiya Winterborn (Nord StamDen) - "Paragon" - Stamina DD (PVP)
Rayna the Desecrator (Dunmer StamNecro) - "Sunspire Saint" - Stamina DD (PVE)
Heals-Many-Scars (Argonian MagPlar) - "Sunspire Saint" - Healer (PVE)
Burgdul gro-Burek (Orc StamDK) - "Thane of Falkreath" - Tank (PVE)
Erisa gro-Burek (Orc StamSorc) - "Orderly" - Stamina DD (PVP)
Auguste Valeine (Breton MagPlar) - "Stormproof" - Magicka DD (PVE)
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally use Resolving Vigor. It's getting buffed in the upcoming patch as well.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor/rally
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe if you actually tried green dragon blood and compared it to literally any other heal, you would not need to create this post.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all my testing I conclude it depends on your spread of max resources and recovery. I would not build around a specific DK heal, but rather compose your build and just crunch the numbers on what's the most efficient heal.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skinzz wrote: »
    Vigor/rally

This. Both will get ridicolous buff next patch, while even today on live it's already great ESPECIALLY when u combine with Major Mending.

People use Cauterize as an extra one and yes it does heal urself, about 5k - 7k per 5 sec tick.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe if you actually tried green dragon blood and compared it to literally any other heal, you would not need to create this post.

OP said stamDK.

and yes, i've tried GDB as a stamDK. Considering this is the PvP forum, Vigor is a default correct answer.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you saying GDB is good or bad?
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need a ton of HP to make GDB worth its cost.
    In PvP its 33% missing health heal will get cut in half, then further reduced by heal debuffs.
    If your unlucky your trading like 4.3k magicka for a 3k heal when your really low ( lets say under 30% HP)
    Atleast thats my expirience in non cp with around 24k max HP.

Maybe its worth for the buffs, depending on your potion of choice, but as a main heal I wouldn't recomend it
    Edited by DemonDruaga on July 19, 2019 7:34PM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally concur with this, my (inept) experience suggests somewhere around 25k-30k health is the area where there is some question as to which is more efficient. Above 30k, GDB wins, below 25k, Vigor wins.
  • almightyalfo
    almightyalfo
    ✭✭✭
    I generally concur with this, my (inept) experience suggests somewhere around 25k-30k health is the area where there is some question as to which is more efficient. Above 30k, GDB wins, below 25k, Vigor wins.

Thank you for the advice :)

I'll keep the Vigor.
    PC-EU
    Daggerfall Covenant only

My Characters [All CP 810+]:
    Aeriel Nightvale (Bosmer StamDK) - "Stormproof" - Crafter
    Ranzaiq Longclaw (Khajiit StamPlar) - "The Merciless" - Stamina DD (PVE/PVP)
    Freiya Winterborn (Nord StamDen) - "Paragon" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Rayna the Desecrator (Dunmer StamNecro) - "Sunspire Saint" - Stamina DD (PVE)
    Heals-Many-Scars (Argonian MagPlar) - "Sunspire Saint" - Healer (PVE)
    Burgdul gro-Burek (Orc StamDK) - "Thane of Falkreath" - Tank (PVE)
    Erisa gro-Burek (Orc StamSorc) - "Orderly" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Auguste Valeine (Breton MagPlar) - "Stormproof" - Magicka DD (PVE)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you saying GDB is good or bad?

Anything heals better than that thing they try to sell as a ''stamina heal''. Its more useful for tanks than it is for stamina Dk. Even in this meta where everyone runs around with 30k+ hp, it still offers less value than vigor or cauterize, has a very high magicka cost and uses the wrong crit value.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cauterize will heal whoever (yourself or an ally) has the lowest health around you. It's the most reliable form of self heal for solo stamDKs but in BGs and grp play it will sometimes go to another player when you need it.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the increase to fossilize magika, ima have to stick to vigor and say goodbye to the only improvement we got in years, cautirize
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the increase to fossilize magika, ima have to stick to vigor and say goodbye to the only improvement we got in years, cautirize

just drop foss, you don't need it.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its only arguably the best single target hard CC in the game that has been completely priced out of stamDKs reach. But I guess they can use turn evil now.....
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigor.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigor and Cauterize, nothing else needed with fragmented shield up.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Its only arguably the best single target hard CC in the game that has been completely priced out of stamDKs reach. But I guess they can use turn evil now.....

I'm not happy about the nerf either, looks like its specificly nerfed in a way to make sure stamDks can't sustain using it. On the other hand I was never happy about using yet another magicka skill.
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    Way I see it, you really have 2 options:

1. Vigor, Rally, Protective Plate
    2. Vigor, Forward Momentum, Cauterize

You need to have a burst heal and a snare removal in your kit to go along with Vigor, and those are the 2 best ways to do it. I think if you're running S+B, #2 is the way to go because you can Vigor, Cauterize, and Igneous Shield all while you're blocking. And Vigor is the only one of the big 3 heal abilities that costs Stam, while Igneous returns Stam (important whilst blocking). However, if you're going 2H+Bow or 2H+DW, I recommend doing the first one as blocking strong projectiles won't be as viable without a shield and you'll get great ROI on the damage reduction from Protective Plate. You'd also have to get used to using Rally instead of Cauterize as your burst heal.