The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka builds Need More Options in Weapon Skill Tree

coradaelu
coradaelu
✭✭✭
Apparently ZoS want to homogenize all the skills of the game (including class) which is not that bad but it can be a bit boring if we do not have Diversity, as it was before the 2014 we only had a few sets to use viable and now reviewing that I see there are some more options to achieve the Task You are looking for which is great, you have made progress on this, as a player of magicka I do not see so much diversity in magicka "skills", on others post i find people asking for magicka a Dawnbreaker, that could be cool but stamina builds have more options since they have 2H, Dual Wield, Bow, One hand and Shield and Magicka just have "Staffs" destruction and healing, you could add something like "Orbs" "Tomes" "Wands" wharever you want, its my opinion of the current state of the game its ok nerf things to pair in this comming patch but magicka builds need more options in this aspect that need to be reviewed.

*Sorry if bad english/grammar.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see magicka melee option than orbs or wands to be honest. So many magicka classes already have melee ranged skills it would synergize nice. That being said making a new class of weapon would make the rng issues the game has for loot even more annoying. It would probably be best to add a skill line that just provides a passive to turn existing melee weapon damage into magic and elemental damage and makes heavy attacks with them restore magicka. You could include a few active skills too in the tree too I suppose.

That being said an orb weapon class that actually made me feel like a real mage from the Elder Scrolls universe that followed the original universe's magic schools more closely would be welcome but chances are ZoS would screw it up. They are awful for class fantasy. Would love to be able to actually play a destruction mage like I did in skyrim.

I'd honestly like to see more changes like these than new broken classes. Would love to see level 50 class tree skills added to round out current classes over new classes but the problem is that won't sell DLC.
    Edited by NuarBlack on July 19, 2019 8:03PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There actually used to be a morph of Dawnbreaker that was magicka. Trapping Webs, too.