The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Light or heavy armor better for a magicka warden for BGs?

Horcsogg
Horcsogg
Currently I am running heavy Mark of the Pariah, Bloodspawn and Necropotence sets and I feel like my damage isn`t that great, I can barely score a few kills in each BGs.

I am thinking about trying out 5 pieces of light armor instead but I am a bit concerned about my survivability as I am constantly in close and mid range due to my Elemental blockade and Subterranian.

Would getting Fortified Brass as a 5 light piece along with the Bloodspawn and Necropotence be a good idea? I would still get a lot of res, less hp and a bit more damage that way.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes light armor Magden in Bgs is plausible, i run, Necro and Bright Throats Boast. you can use Fortified Brass for resistance and then use maybe Skoria for health and damage.

you mentioned subterranean, thats the stam morph did you mean Deep Fissure?

Also if there are sorcs in your group, you will mostly get assists.
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on July 19, 2019 12:35AM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Horcsogg
    Horcsogg
    Sorry meant Deep fissure.

I could also stay heavy but instead of the Pariah set I could use Shacklebreaker for the extra resources perhaps.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horcsogg wrote: »
    Sorry meant Deep fissure.

I could also stay heavy but instead of the Pariah set I could use Shacklebreaker for the extra resources perhaps.

Magicka in heavy lose out on so much penetration and crit. I wouldnt advise it, unless you wanted to be a support role.
    As long as you have, Living Trellis, Annulment and Resto ulti for emergencies you should be fine.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running Necropotence, Shacklebreaker, and Pirate Skeleton on Magicka Warden for a really long time, with a 5 light, 2 heavy setup, and 3x Protective Jewelry with spell damage enchants. If the current changes on PTS mostly go through as-is, Pirate Skeleton will be worthless, and should probably be switched for Bloodspawn or Skoria.

As a general rule, I don't think wearing more than 2 heavy armor pieces works very well at all for offensive magicka builds, especially if one of your 5 piece sets is also defensively oriented. The amount of defense you gain vs the damage and sustain lost just isn't really worth it. For right now, Pirate Skeleton and Protective Jewelry provide adequate defenses for immobile Magicka builds, and I'd focus the 5 piece sets on damage, utility, and sustain (prior to Elsweyr, I rarely had sustain issues on Maicka Warden when using Witchmother's, Atronach Mundus, and Vampirism).

If you want to prepare for the Scalebreaker Patch, I think a defensive 5 piece set, while still wearing primarily light armor, may very well be a "requirement" if you're facing decent opponents. Fortified Brass is probably the easiest one to get, but may turn out to be not-so-great if the current PTS version of Onslaught makes it to live. Nearly all stamina builds, and even many magicka ones, will be spending 150 ultimate to ignore virtually all resistances for 16 seconds, essentially eliminating the 3, 4, and 5 piece set bonuses for significant lengths of time.