The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happens at the end of campaign with faction lock?

Orlacc
Orlacc
✭✭✭
I plan on using characters from a different faction in the next 30 day cp campaign. Will all my toons be out of cyrodill prior to starting? or do I manually have to remove all the current characters?
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea tbh, I asked for clarification and got no answer...I got stuck last time as I wanted to have a break from my usual faction . This time I have removed all my chars from cyrodiil and after getting my rewards tomorrow I will leave the campaign on all my chars then attempt to try with my other chars on DC. We will see....frankly the fact no one could be arsed to answer from ZoS when I asked is .......
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and by the way if you don't remove them they will stay in cyrodiil even after the end of the campaign
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Do not log into any character in Cyro after the campaign flips. You will get auto-locked with no way to change it.
    2) Speculative idea: log into a character on the faction you want to join and home the campaign. See if it lets you.
    3) Otherwise, wait until the campaign has a queue on your old faction, and then log into that character so you get forced out of Cyro.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above.
    I think the safest option is to log into a character who is on the faction you want to join for this next campaign first, before you log into any other.
    All your characters should have been dropped from their existing campaigns, so you will be able to set your preferred campaign to home on the faction you are joining.

Edited by dtsharples on July 19, 2019 10:20AM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the biggest thing, as other have stated, is to make sure to wayshrine out of cyro before logging off at the end of the campaign if you plan to play another faction.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the biggest thing, as other have stated, is to make sure to wayshrine out of cyro before logging off at the end of the campaign if you plan to play another faction.

I did do that in the 30 day No cp faction locked campaign prior to it ending and when I tried of abandon the campaign have to pay either 100k gold or 100k alliance points to do it. This is so bugged it is pathetic. ZOS you can take your faction lock bull crap and shove it were the sun don't shine. Very few players wanted it yet you shoved it down our throats anyways because of the whiners in this game.

Now I am stuck again having the play the same faction when I wanted to change to another one.
    Edited by Palidon on July 19, 2019 4:08PM