Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unequal distribution of recipes in group play

Dagos
Dagos
Soul Shriven
When I play in a group with my wife, I will get many recipes and patterns from cabinets, urns, etc. Looting the same items my wife never gets any of these when we are together. When we play separately she does get recipes and patterns when looting these items. At first we thought it was luck but this has gone on longer than luck can explain. I have tried to let her loot the item first, let her be the first to enter the room (I am usually in front) but these haven't helped.

I thought that looting was independent (except heavy sacks and some chest) so I don't know why she doesn't get the recipes and patterns when we are in a group. Has anyone else seen this or know what could be causing it?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cabinets and urns are instanced for each player, so you won't share loot. It looks like the same urn, but the loot roll is independent so its not really the same urn at all.

Heavy sacks and chests in overland zones on the other hand are present for all players and so one person looting them will cause them to disappear for the rest of the players. In group content like dungeons or trials, the heavy sack or chest will remain amd can be looted by all the players present. Passives like Treasure Hunter still apply independently per player.
  • Dagos
    Dagos
    Soul Shriven
    I knew that urns and such were instanced for each player and in theory are independent. However the distribution of recipes, patterns, and motifs are completely one sided when I group with my wife and we do group dungeons, delves, and other content together. The distribution between us is always much greater than random chance can account for. I'd say I get over ten times as many recipes and patterns than she does. I was just wondering if others have seen this or heard of it.