The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want an end to the Alliance War

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm tired.

Fighting in Cyrodiil is nothing but exhausting. Several years of the same back and forth, same farming, same defending BRK and Arrius from Team Green. Scrolls get taken and no one cares. Gate Keeps get taken and no one cares. This "War" shouldn't have been attached to the main storyline to begin with if it was just going to be left as a never ending slugfest of bomb groups, faction swappers and AP farmers. There's no point in trying to immerse yourself and play like you're a soldier in a War with a Mission and an end goal. There is no Mission, no goal, no sense of purpose to the fighting. I dont even care about the rank Achievements ive yet to earn anymore, nor "Emperor", cause in order to achieve that, you need a popular backing in your Alliance AND some shady gameplay to stay at the top. Its a pipe dream for a player like myself.

I just want to see Cyrodiil know peace for once. To see the City rebuilt and lived in. I want my efforts in the White Gold Tower to have actually meant something permanent, my actions on relighting the Brazier beneath the city to have meant something.

...maybe it really is getting near time for an ESO 2.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the game came out there was so much potential with it, I remember thinking how cool it was going to be to watch these story arch's unfold. Like being able to experience an imperial city after we cleared away the deadra and how cyrodill would be replaced by a newer pvp land and conflict can spread throughout Tamriell and we can battle for map zones and land.
    But instead its just stale. But thats what it is, ESO is carried by the Elder scrolls title without it, it would have / should have died a long time ago.
    However i still sub and i still PVP but i do so always thinking how great this game could be ...
    Instead the pvp community isn't offered enough distraction by the evolving story arc's compared to PVE so we're forced to focus on game balances and annoying laggy mechanics.

EDIT:
    Also every DLC / "chapter" is just a tacked on blob on the map, there is no carry though. i wanna see big statues remembering previous battles that were faught and new players can see the statues and old players remiss.
    Edited by Starlight_Knight on July 17, 2019 5:57PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm perfectly happy to keep playing the Alliance War in Cyrodiil.

What I love about PVP is that even though the broad strokes are predictable, every fight is unique.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'magic' of cyrodill is that: we do the same thing over and over.
    Each day is a different story.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t believe that we need the 3 Banners War to end I think we just need it refreshed and new pvp oriented dlc’s or a chapter. It would also be nice if they would do something with IC. In my opinion once they took away the ability to lock a faction out of IC and added the crafting materials for 160 to nodes it made it irrelevant. No new sets have been added to IC to make it worth going down there. I loved the idea of fighting in the city or the sewers but it still just kind of lingers there. It would be nice if they did something with both Cyrodiil and IC plus give us something else to also fight over but I think it should all be tied together or it will all just end up empty.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/22330/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV_Oblivion_Game_of_the_Year_Edition/

Don't continue the main story after the intro, and you'll more or less have your wish. Have fun and leave ESO Cyrodiil alone, thx.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Log out.

Bam!
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me personally, theres too many conflicts going on to have the three banners war still make sense. the Planemeld, daedric princes unmaking reality, sload invasions, dragons returning, micro conflicts all over each map. it doesnt seem likely any odf the alliances could sustain a war over cyrodiil. Time moves on for everyone else except those fighting in that specific war.

As a player, it is just stale. only thing that changes is the meta sets. They've done some work with town capture and bridge capture and such, but its fundamentally the same, capture keeps, get zerged down or zerg surf for easy kills, sometimes taking a keep.

I wouldn't mind seeing newer area open up, maybe another PVP only map with different goals. or even doing away witht he 3 faction system and change it to 2 completely different factions. Empire and Akaviri maybe? I dunno, but changes would be welcomed.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played across all 3 factions, and one thing has always remained consistent. Well, 2 if you count zone chat being full of window lickers.

Blue are always facing Team Orange.
    Red are always facing Team Green
    Yellow are always facing Team Purple.

Usually all at the same time.

Hmmm.....

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me personally, theres too many conflicts going on to have the three banners war still make sense. the Planemeld, daedric princes unmaking reality, sload invasions, dragons returning, micro conflicts all over each map. it doesnt seem likely any odf the alliances could sustain a war over cyrodiil. Time moves on for everyone else except those fighting in that specific war.

Not only that they could sustain that war, but that they WOULD.

Daedric Princes are unmaking reality? Better send someone on a mission to capture Arrius lumbermill.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of factions IMO, terraform Cyro, make it one zone for owpvpers who are old school.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no money in changing Cyrodiil. It is part of the base game so no one has to pay a dime to play in it making it pointless to spend real money changing it. We have also sent Zos the strong message that not enough of us will pay for PvP in this game. After all Zos gave us the much requested BGs yet not enough chose to buy into it so it became part of the base game.

It really is not surprising. MMORPGs of this style tend to be PvE based with PvP being a nice addition. It is not where the money is.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the war ended, they wouldnt need me to do daily crafting writs to support the war effort anymore! I would go broke fast and probably have to go live with the rieklings.
    Master Craftsman!
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'm tired.

Welcome to the club :)

But tbh, it was obvious since Stirk that this is going to be a useless war. After the last shard i gave up. It took me only one year though ;)
    Edited by mague on July 18, 2019 5:19AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always end the war. All you have to do is port to home-base and use a wayshrine. If you dont enjoy content, then you can simply stop doing it. Nothing is forcing you to do it.

Half a year ago I also had this "problem". I wanted to enjoy it, but I could not. So I waited till campaign ends, said goodby to my fellow comerats, and ported back to pve zones.
    Right now I am simply trying to "wait it over", till pvp will be enjoyable again. But the stories I hear & read on forums proves that Cyro PvP is getting worse & worse. Necro, then Volendrung, and of course nerfs, and NO improvements to server performance. The only good thing that happened to cyro is alliance lock. But that alone is not enough to make me think of comming back.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The permanent 3-way conflict is the only reason i'm playing the game (the only reason why i started, in fact).

However, i wouldn't mind a significant overhaul of the playing field. It is becoming a little stale after 5+ years. Something like new frontiers back in DAoC would be a welcome change.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me iterate that i dont want PvP taken away from the PvPers, as much as it frustrates me its a valid gamemode that deserves content. Why do you think my main is even a Brigadier?I just don't like seeing such an important Province and City be permanently wasted story wise. Imagine a post war Imperial City as a player hub, new small to medium scale PvP tournaments in the Arena.

I even just thought of this. Medium scale Campaigns called Battlefields, Alliance teams of 60v60v60 or 120v120v120 fighting over an adventure zone sized map with three keeps and three outposts. Each keep has several flags to capture and hold to make the Siege last longer, and there can be a village or town in the center to house urban fighting.
    Edited by ArchMikem on July 18, 2019 7:02AM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hoped they would bring IC into Cyrodiil properly and rebuild the bridges allowing us to ride through the city or go down into the sewers, but now that its separated even further it doesn't seem like that will ever happen. IMO that's an opportunity missed to change the Cyrodiil landscape and gameplay.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make Cyrodiil great again!
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same everyday, just different.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Not only that they could sustain that war, but that they WOULD.

Daedric Princes are unmaking reality? Better send someone on a mission to capture Arrius lumbermill.

I don't know about WOULD but multiple characters in the game have stated that the reason why the alliances don't deal with all of these things is BECAUSE of the war. You'd think at least one of them would come to their senses, but as long as they have helpful soulless heroes running about, they can have their cake and eat it too, perhaps hoping one of the other guys will quit to deal with saving the world.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe before TES6 comes out they could introduce a storyline chapter or something which resolves the Alliance War but I doubt that will happen.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    The permanent 3-way conflict is the only reason i'm playing the game (the only reason why i started, in fact).

However, i wouldn't mind a significant overhaul of the playing field. It is becoming a little stale after 5+ years. Something like new frontiers back in DAoC would be a welcome change.

OWPvP from AC plz. I had enough of DaOC.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is kind of silly. Like, why stop there? When I KILL a dungeon boss I expect it to say dead. It makes no sense that it comes back to life after I leave and return. How many times must I destroy these things?
    Why after defeating molag bal do I still see anchors everywhere and hear him taunting me? I was told that he needed time to recuperate. Apparently 5 minutes did the job.
    Point is, they can't "end" the fight in Cyrodiil because then that's world pvp gone, and for a lot of people, that's the best part of ESO.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil expansion will be in place once ZOS encircled the center of the map with DLC zones.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My summary of PvP for me at this time:

1) taking resources: boring
    2) PvDoor: boring
    3) tower humpers: boring
    4) unkillable tanks: boring
    5) small scale groups that farm solo players: boring
    6) riding back and forth between keeps that are under attack or being attacked: boring
    7) trying to find cloaked NB: boring
    8) chasing streaking Sorcs: boring
    9) Trolls: boring

10) open field battles: fun. Especially if huge , tri faction battles, but small scale PvP also still fun
    11) defending or attacking a keep against a big but roughly equally sized opposing force: fun
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

6) riding back and forth between keeps that are under attack or being attacked: boring

10) open field battles: fun. Especially if huge , tri faction battles, but small scale PvP also still fun
    11) defending or attacking a keep against a big but roughly equally sized opposing force: fun

Sounds about right. There is nothing like unstructured large scale pvp combat where anything goes.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

Whenever im in one of those large open field battles i like to set up Ballistae or Catapults to provide artillery, but then im always targeted and bum rushed.
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me iterate that i dont want PvP taken away from the PvPers, as much as it frustrates me its a valid gamemode that deserves content. Why do you think my main is even a Brigadier?I just don't like seeing such an important Province and City be permanently wasted story wise. Imagine a post war Imperial City as a player hub, new small to medium scale PvP tournaments in the Arena.

I even just thought of this. Medium scale Campaigns called Battlefields, Alliance teams of 60v60v60 or 120v120v120 fighting over an adventure zone sized map with three keeps and three outposts. Each keep has several flags to capture and hold to make the Siege last longer, and there can be a village or town in the center to house urban fighting.

ZOS doesn't care about pvp they have made it perfectly clear that they don't care... Battlegrounds is a bad joke, IC was the best idea they had and they gave up on it almost immediately... The game was marketed for its pvp but every patch the servers get worse and nothing gets done... I 100% think they are going to do away with open world cyro as we know it and turn it into some *** BR or something here soon but anything they do will be an after thought to crown store items housing and pve
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium scale Campaigns called Battlefields, Alliance teams of 60v60v60 or 120v120v120 fighting over an adventure zone sized map with three keeps and three outposts.
    There will be fishes walking on Mars before ESO can handle 360 players fighting in a zone.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no PVP in Primetime just lag and people just playing the map...

7 Day needs to be a 30 day and POP needs to be slashed again !

There is no reason for the situation for PVP is in atm.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables