Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I stay With Dual Wield. Or Switch To Destro? (Magicka)

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Updated: Thank you all for the vote. (Thanks for others letting me know about the change to 2h, that eluded me all this time) I’ll go with the 2 h.

Original

I’m aware I’ll be missing one piece of set, if I go switch to Destro. Is Destro more better to up Magick(a) damage (even though missing one piece set)?
Edited by Serjustin19 on July 17, 2019 7:11PM
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.

Should I stay With Dual Wield. Or Switch To Destro? (Magicka) 17 votes

Stick With Dual Wield (Magicka) build
0%
Switch to Destro (any, Magicka) build
100%
Philhypecoolme132b16_ESOAllPlayAndNoWorkKartalinEirellaSanctum74AsmaelKr3doKadoinsusmitdsGnortranermaraAurieWildRaptorXNuarBlackMrsinister2allan0nHamboot 17 votes
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro staff is now two-sets pieces so you don't miss any set bonus
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you just come back from a long break? Staves count as 2pc now xD
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah no reason to go DW. Both the enchant nerf and staff counting for 2 set pieces killed DW magicka. 2h sword is now better than DW.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m aware I’ll be missing one piece of set, if I go switch to Destro. Is Destro more better to up Magick(a) damage (even though missing one piece set)?

Where have you been?? Sounds like you havnt played for a little while
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Staffs now count as two pieces. This change was made with dragonbones (2017) I believe
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro is almost always better, mostly because of the light/heavy attacks. You may be better off with DW only if you don't weave, though. (It'll be lower DPS but if you're not weaving then that's not your priority anyway, is it?)

Also, DW is best for PvP bombing.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. Fire staff gives you an 8% single target bonus as one of the passives so despite dual swords looking infinitely more cool you should probably pick up a stick like the rest of us. I kept deluding myself that they would scale LA/HA off off highest stat but that day never came. I don't want to start a rant because I really do love this game but the particular design decision/vision has be a huge disappointment. I know I'm not alone. Maybe next year they will add a magicka weapon line like one hand and orb etc. Can only hope.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've played this game for year yet you don't know 2h equips count as 2 set pieces?

I honestly think you're a troll sometimes.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After PTS changes, no reason to DW on mag over 2H or staff.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've played this game for year yet you don't know 2h equips count as 2 set pieces?

Played for 5+ yrs. No one told me about the changes to 2h. I still thought was still one piece. Like I originally thought for 5yrs. Least before the changes to the 2h, in which what Update this happened? 5 years I been playing Dual Wield swords and Restro. I tested my restro yesterday, still counts as one for me. I’m sure if I switched my restro to my other sets. My restro would probably been seen 2 pieces for buff. But since my restro is not same as my other 2 different whole 5 piece sets. I didn’t seen the changes. Hence I was respectively and honestly aware I didn’t New about the changes to 2h. I didn’t read the forum for the past updates. Hence again, the change eluded me. With that being said I also just went back from forum. Sure I replied hit or so there. But I haven’t been on like I used to every single day. That I once was, but not anytime soon. In conclusion and with respect. Please know your facts before calling me a troll (as well as me not participating much, like I used to long ago) In additional conclusion, I shouldn’t have to explain myself as well.
    With respect again, you call me a troll for no valid reason. Yet, I should call you a troll as well. Of what you wrote me. I do have reason to call you a troll. But I won’t, because It kind or rude and not valid reason.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on July 17, 2019 7:15PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was changed with Morrowind or so? 2 years ago. And magicka dual-wield is well and truly dead. Switch to that staff.
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. Fire staff gives you an 8% single target bonus as one of the passives so despite dual swords looking infinitely more cool you should probably pick up a stick like the rest of us. I kept deluding myself that they would scale LA/HA off off highest stat but that day never came. I don't want to start a rant because I really do love this game but the particular design decision/vision has be a huge disappointment. I know I'm not alone. Maybe next year they will add a magicka weapon line like one hand and orb etc. Can only hope.

Yeah when i'm soloing on my magplar I main a GS/Destrostaff because I like the look of having a GS plus it fits well when using jabs (like i'm slashing extremply fast with it). Which I have been able to solo all the world bosses and most the dungeons that are soloable.

But once I go in 4-man/ Trials (group content) have to go Destro/Destro to hit the 50K plus dps. But would be nice to be able to have a sword full time because I like the look a lot better.

Also to the OP, They made all 2-handed weapons count for 2 slots for what seems like a year now maybe.
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Played for 5+ yrs. No one told me about the changes to 2h. I still thought was still one piece. Like I originally thought for 5yrs. Least before the changes to the 2h, in which what Update this happened? 5 years I been playing Dual Wield swords and Restro. I tested my restro yesterday, still counts as one for me. I’m sure if I switched my restro to my other sets. My restro would probably been seen 2 pieces for buff. But since my restro is not same as my other 2 different whole 5 piece sets. I didn’t seen the changes. Hence I was respectively and honestly aware I didn’t New about the changes to 2h. I didn’t read the forum for the past updates. Hence again, the change eluded me. With that being said I also just went back from forum. Sure I replied hit or so there. But I haven’t been on like I used to every single day. That I once was, but not anytime soon. In conclusion and with respect. Please know your facts before calling me a troll (as well as me not participating much, like I used to long ago) In additional conclusion, I shouldn’t have to explain myself as well.
    With respect again, you call me a troll for no valid reason. Yet, I should call you a troll as well. Of what you wrote me. I do have reason to call you a troll. But I won’t, because It kind or rude and not valid reason.

All two handed weapons count for 2 weapon slots now (updated about a year ago). This includes restro staff but maybe you have to unequip and re-equip? Not sure odd its not showing that for you.