The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I think I beat the story of the main game. What should I do now?

Akihiro
Akihiro
Hello!
I only have the base game, and I think morrowind came with the base game, right?
I actually stopped playing this game for a long time, but I remember last I played I beat Molag Bal. I'm not really sure what I should be doing now, though.
I'm kind of lost... :c From what I remember of the story, Molag Bal is evil because idk why, and we have to kill him because idk why, and we meet a few people along the way who help us kill him or something. I have a reaaaaally vague understanding lol

I'm actually not really familiar with the market board system in this game. I don't believe I've ever used one before. Are market boards universal? Like you can access the market board from anywhere, and they all have access to the same items on sale? Or are specific markets locked to the region its located at? Like one region's market board has different items for sale than other regions? idk if this makes sense
Not really sure how to craft or make money either. :sweat_smile:

Are there any important quests I should do? I've been told to rank up in the fighter's guild by doing quests here and there.

One of my goals is to get into pvp, but I don't have any of the other dlc. :cry: Will this be a problem?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beating Molag Bal is less than 1/3rd into the base game content!

You still have Cadwells Silver and Gold, each of which is about the same size as everything you did up to beating Molag Bal.
    And then you have Craglorn, which is a large zone by itself.

And that's just the base PvE side of the game. You also have all the group dungeons and trials for the base game as well as PvP.

Like i said, you are less than 1/3 through the base game at this point ...
    shades.gif

Edited by SirAndy on July 15, 2019 10:33PM
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Beating Molag Bal is less than 1/3rd into the base game content!

You still have Cadwells Silver and Gold, each of which is about the same size as everything you did up to beating Molag Bal.
    And then you have Craglorn, which is a large zone by itself.

And that's just the base PvE side of the game. You also have all the group dungeons and trials for the base game as well as PvP.

Like i said, you are less than 1/3 through the base game at this point ...
    shades.gif
    I think I did Cadwells quest but I don't remember. Is there any way to find out?
    Or how do you start the quest?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to your active quest list, there is a tab on top that should be called Cadwell's Alamanac, which will show you all his quests for Silver and Gold.
    Those quests will take you to the other two alliances and you will play through their complete storyline (but without killing Molag Bal again).

Any quests in his almanac that you have already done will be marked off.
    bye1.gif

Edited by SirAndy on July 15, 2019 10:51PM
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Go to your active quest list, there is a tab on top that should be called Cadwell's Alamanac, which will show you all his quests for Silver and Gold.
    Those quests will take you to the other two alliances and you will play through their complete storyline (but without killing Molag Bal again).

Any quests in his almanac that you have already done will be marked off.
    bye1.gif
    Oh thank you! When I have time I will check that. :smiley:
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at your achievements in your journal. You should be able to see everything you completed, and the date you completed it. Between that and the zone guide, you should have a direction to head in.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you can do anything you want, if you want an idea of the story arcs available and their chronological order, this might help:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide/p1
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    @JKorr
    @VaranisArano
    Thank you both!
    I have another question. There are some motifs I really want to get, but I'm not really accustomed to using the market in this game. Is there a global market or no? If no, what is an easy way to find items you want to buy?

If I only want to use the motifs as fashion, will I need to craft the motif, or can I equip it right away without crafting?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akihiro wrote: »
    JKorr
    VaranisArano
    Thank you both!
    I have another question. There are some motifs I really want to get, but I'm not really accustomed to using the market in this game. Is there a global market or no? If no, what is an easy way to find items you want to buy?

If I only want to use the motifs as fashion, will I need to craft the motif, or can I equip it right away without crafting?

There is no global market. Instead, the major city in each zone will have 4 to 6 Guild Traders in a marketplace where you can search to see what goods each guild has to offer. Smaller cities may have a few guild traders as well.

The easiest way to find items without using an add-on like Tamriel Trade Center is to go to a major city like the capitals (Mournhold, Wayrest, and Elden Root) and search the guild traders there. You can search for a particular motif and view the differing prices as you go from guild to guild if you want to look for bargains.

If you want to craft items in a particular motif, you need to learn the motif on whichever character you want to be able to craft it.

If you just want to use the motif's style through the Outfit system, learning the motif on any character will unlock it for account-wide use in an Outfitting Station. Style Pages, like the Anniversary Five Companion styles, are also account wide unlocks only for the Outfitting Stations.
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    @VaranisArano
    Ooh I see, thanks. Is Tamriel Trade Center like a global market add-on, and if so, is it easy to install?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VaranisArano
    Ooh I see, thanks. Is Tamriel Trade Center like a global market add-on, and if so, is it easy to install?

On PC, the two main trading addons are TTC and Master Merchant.

TTC has a website that aggregates listing data, so you can search for what guild store has what items at a certain price - though due to delays, it may not be accurate especially for good bargains. You still have to go to the guild store to buy it, so someone else looking for that same item might well beat you to a bargain. In game, TTC can also tell you the average listing price of items. You won't need to install TTC to use the website to search for items.

https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

Master Merchant gives you the average selling price of items in your trading guilds. It doesnt have a global function, but its great for pricing items to sell in your guilds.

Personally, I dont use TTC's search function at all, but many players find it useful. Because of the delays, I find it simpler to search guild trader hubs and pay the market price for items rather than hunt for great bargains that may or may not be there. But YMMV.

Add-ons are pretty easy to install using ESOUI. If you arent comfortable with installing them manually, use Minion. I'm pretty used to installing Skyrim mods manually, so its just a matter of downloading the file and putting the folder in the Documents->Elder Scrolls Online->live->AddOns folder.
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    @VaranisArano
    Oh thank you for all the information!
    There are specific motifs I would like to buy, but the market system kind of intimidates me. :cry:
    First I need to find where all the market npcs are located exactly.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you travel to a major city, you should be able to open the map and hover over the icons to find them.

For example, you should have a wayshrine unlocked for Daggerfall in Glenumbra, where the guild traders are near the wayshrine in the direction of the docks.
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    @VaranisArano
    Ah I see.
    Oof I bet I'm going to have to travel around the entire place to find the stuff :dizzy:
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably.

Try the "hub" cities first. Deshaan has all the traders grouped around the wayshrine, Rawlkha does the same thing. Winterhold traders are in the square with the wayshrine. As Varanis said, Glenumbra's traders are a short distance downhill toward the docks from the wayshrine. Outside the town of Belkarth in Craglorn, and outside the city walls, uphill from the Shatul wayshrine in Wrothgar.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For most things, one or two trading hubs is all you need to search. Unless something is rare. But, rare things should take time to find.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start over again with a new character.

Buy more crowns.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're a solo player, there are so many quests to do! But if you're interested in pvp/group play, you'll likely want to start getting some gear together, which means playing dungeons (assuming you're cp160; less than that I WOULD NOT START GEAR FARMING).

I'd suggest playing some of the base-game dungeons--the base game ones are all quite easy, even for newer, inexperienced players.Those drop great gear, and it can also help you learn the PvE ropes--what the roles do, what basic boss mechanics are, etc. This also levels fight's guild and undaunted!

For PvP, you can try battlegrounds and cyrodil, but except to get absolutely destroyed...there are endgame players and pre-made groups that treat pvp like an AP pinata of new players. If you're gonna have any shot inPvP, it's gonna take some practice and impenetrable trait gear so you don't get melted instantly. Don't be afraid of PvP, just expect to get destroyed until you learn the ropes.

I can give more specific ideas if you tell me your build!
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    @JKorr
    @Nestor
    Thanks you guys :smile:

@ChunkyCat
    What?!

@msalvia
    I'm level 41 right now. When do I start getting cp?
    How do I do dungeons and which ones should I do?
    PvP sounds so intimidating :scream: but I'll try
    I've been told I picked a good race that goes well with my class. I didn't know that at the time of making my character, but it worked out just fine for me. I'm a bosmer/nightblade/vampire
    Do you have a recommended build for me? :open_mouth:
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano
    Ah I see.
    Oof I bet I'm going to have to travel around the entire place to find the stuff :dizzy:

Join 3-4 trading guilds and you access their stores from your bank.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    @Beardimus
    Oh I didn't know this, thanks!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Start over again with a new character.

Buy more crowns.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reference to your "recommended build" question. The short answer is, no, figure out what works for you.

Ok, here is why I said that. Firstly, there are certain combos of gear and class and race and skill rotation and potion use that can give you maximum DPS. If you have a perfectly honed rotation were your using the skills as efficiently, not quickly, as possible. Those builds are best suited to competitive Trials and certain veteran dungeons, which about 1% of the games content.

The other 99% of the content can be accomplished to one extent or a other with just about any build out there. Sure, you might kill the mobs a little more slowly or quickly than another build. But, as long as you are alive and they are dead at the end, your are doing what you need to.

You might like to move around and attack from range, you might like to get all up in the face of the mob, maybe sneak in for an attack from behind. Maybe you want to kite all the mobs and mow them down. Maybe you want to kill the mobs by laying down a couple damage over time skills with a crowd control and watch the mobs fry. Maybe you just want to sneeze and have things die. Maybe you want to spam skills and you need resource management.

So, figure out how you like to play, and this can be different on each character. Then select the gear, class, and rotation that gets you there. Sure, there are more efficient ways to do things and you should try to do things that way. But you dont need the end all be all of DPS to get there.

Once you have played the game for a while, you can try to take on that 1% content with a Min Max Build and the Perfect Rotation with the Optimal Gear Setup.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @JKorr
    @Nestor
    Thanks you guys :smile:

@ChunkyCat
    What?!

@msalvia
    I'm level 41 right now. When do I start getting cp?
    How do I do dungeons and which ones should I do?
    PvP sounds so intimidating :scream: but I'll try
    I've been told I picked a good race that goes well with my class. I didn't know that at the time of making my character, but it worked out just fine for me. I'm a bosmer/nightblade/vampire
    Do you have a recommended build for me? :open_mouth:

Level 50.

If you're on pc/na I know some guilds that could be helpful. People who don't mind questions or helping out when a guildmate needs a hand. And have obnoxiously helpful crafters.
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    @Nestor
    Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your insight!

@JKorr
    Ooh I am interested in guilds that don't mind me asking a bunch of questions. However, I've been pretty inactive. I don't think they'd want me. :pensive:
    Edited by Akihiro on July 31, 2019 7:51AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send an email to either @Nestor or @JKorr in game.

We do have a 30 day inactive, but you can always ask to get back in of you go somewhere for 30 days