The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tenmar Leopard Body Marks - Except for the tail

Mothershed52
Mothershed52
✭✭✭
diuyemo2ha931.jpg

Images of a leopard to show, their tails do indeed have spots.

Source: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/tenmar-leopard-body-marks/

Curious as to why there are no leopard spots on the tail? Wearing armor, and seeing only the tail, gives no benefit of actually wearing this body marking. Which is disappointing because it looks pretty cool on a Khajiit.
NA PS5 / PC
Life Long Member of New Scrolls Order
Main: Imperial Stamplar
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That bothered me too, it's one reason I didn't get the markings and decided to stick with the jaguar pattern for my khajiit, even though she's from the Tenmar forest.

Admittedly we don't know what a tenmar leopard is supposed to look like, or even it's a different species (like the various senche-cats which are not khajiit) or just a fur pattern among khajiit. Maybe one of their distinguishing features is not having stripes on their tail, along with the 'spots' which are more like slashes.

But whether it's intentional or just an oversight I agree it's disappointing and put me off using it. It's ok to put on a bosmer to roleplay an ohmes but IMO doesn't compare to the existing markings for khajiit.
    Edited by Danikat on July 15, 2019 10:36PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • monk222
    monk222
    ✭✭
    Yeah I was disappointed in the tail part not having markings too. I was planning on buying it with gems if I didn't get it in any crates and I decided not to. I hope it was a mistake and will be fixed.
  • Mothershed52
    Mothershed52
    ✭✭✭
    monk222 wrote: »
    Yeah I was disappointed in the tail part not having markings too. I was planning on buying it with gems if I didn't get it in any crates and I decided not to. I hope it was a mistake and will be fixed.

Yeah I bought one crate and got that, instantly put it on my Khajiit, and saw a bare tail, and went wtf that doesn't look right haha. Hopefully it's a error and can get adjusted.
    Edited by Mothershed52 on July 16, 2019 1:27PM
    NA PS5 / PC
  • jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you use this on a Khajiit to begin with? They already have fur patterns as part of their base customization kit.
  • Mothershed52
    Mothershed52
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose the same reason you have another outfit, tattoo, skin, body marking, personality on your other characters, for a change.

My Khajiits "base customization kit" is a white tiger, so the leopard markings on the white pop really well and I liked the look, outside of the tail being completely white.
    NA PS5 / PC
  • Spacegato
    Spacegato
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it will get a fix because this pattern is really beautiful.
  • Mothershed52
    Mothershed52
    ✭✭✭
    It really is, an then you see the tail and it just feels meh.

dPOEiYW.jpg

NA PS5 / PC
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    I'm neutral on the tail markings.
    I am however running this body and face skin on my Redguard...it looks pretty sweet on her even without a tail tbh.
    I like it.
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did ZOS just forget to add that? LMFAO That looks so ridiculous.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • WuffyCerulei
      WuffyCerulei
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      To me, tails for Argonians and Khajiit are everything. Even with skins. If it don’t look good on the tail, then no thank you. It’s a real shame they just seem to forget cats have markings on their tails too.
      For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    • Sgtmeg
      Sgtmeg
      ✭✭✭
      It's because the skin works on all races, including ones that don't have tails. RP as an Ohmes I guess?
    • Mothershed52
      Mothershed52
      ✭✭✭
      Sgtmeg wrote: »
      It's because the skin works on all races, including ones that don't have tails. RP as an Ohmes I guess?

True, but almost all the body markings that work on everyone also have something on the tails for Argonians and Khajiits.

So one that is specifically a "cat marking", being that it replicates a leopard, weird that it doesn't have anything on the tail.
      NA PS5 / PC
    • DerAlleinTiger
      DerAlleinTiger
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would that be a factor? The Moon-Sugar Festival outfit works on all races, but it has a tail band for Khajiit and Argonians. Never saw an issue with it on any non-tailed races though.
    • meekmiko
      meekmiko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ohmes would definitely have to be why it doesn't show up on tails. It's basically for anyone who wants to play as a Bosmer painted up like an Ohmes Khajiit.

"The Ohmes is the most Mer-like Khajiit. They are shorter than a Bosmer and have similar pointed ears. Unlike other Khajiit they have no fur, no tail, and no naturally occurring distinguishable Khajiit feature. To distinguish themselves from Mer, the Ohmes usually paint their faces with 'catlike' war paint."

Honestly anyone who thinks painted on leopard spots look cool on their characters can use it though, lawl.
      I don't see why they couldn't add in the markings on the tails for Argonians and Khajiit though since the spots look nice enough. :)

I get Sheeva vibes from Mortal Kombat with them on my Orc.
      Edited by meekmiko on August 2, 2019 5:50AM
      🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
      vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
      • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
      • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
      • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
      • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
      • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
      • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
      • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
      • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
      • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
      • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
      • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
      • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
      • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
      • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
      • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
      • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
      • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
      • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
      • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
      • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
      • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
      • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
      • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
      • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
      • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
      • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
      • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
      • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
      • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
      • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
      • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    • Rohamad_Ali
      Rohamad_Ali
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Pretty sure there is a better choice in the base skins .
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They could add textures for the tail, if you don't have one it would simply not show.
      For full skins they include tails, else it would look stupid but lots of the markings don't include it

Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    • Spacegato
      Spacegato
      ✭✭✭
      Still no tail fix :(