The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[solved ?] Dibella Statue "Bug"

markulrich1966
markulrich1966
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, I bought the Dibella furnishing pack from the current crownstore offers for 4500 crowns.

There are not many exclusive items within, basically:

- the large statue
- the 2 butterfly arrangements (animated)
- The redguard fountain
- (and a Pergola)

The fountain is pretty small, ok. Half the diameter of an elsweyr lion fountain.
And the water sparkles somewhat hectic compared to the elsweyr fountain, I would like an option to switch to a slower mode in a romantic furnishing pack.
But those are minor issues.

The butterflies are so small, that you almost cannot see them, if you don't stand directly in front of them.
This is a major issue, and was not clear from the preview, that looks pretty great.

The third issue is the light color, pixeled border around the large statue. It becomes visible, if the statue is not placed in a shadow. A Dark Elf statue beside it has no such border.
This is a real showstopper, the main gadget of a quite expensive addon is looking like a error.

Could you please fix that, or offer a compensation? The package does not offer what it shows in the preview, and is not worth the 4500 crowns.

Picture:

l9knd3qjpsoj.png

Link to picture (external):
https://imgur.com/sXd5onu

Regards, Mark
Edited by markulrich1966 on July 18, 2019 7:33AM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unfortunately that will never be fixed, since this pack is a rerelease and a place holder for that canceled elsweyr pack.

you're just gonna have to deal, sorry.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭

The third issue is the light color, pixeled border around the large statue. It becomes visible, if the statue is not placed in a shadow. A Dark Elf statue beside it has no such border.
    This is a real showstopper, the main gadget of a quite expensive addon is looking like a error.

There is an issue with textures at the moment, mostly Elsweyr items but players have noticed a few other items being affected as well. These will be fixed in next DLC patch.

I wonder if Dibella was affected by this as well?

Also if you would like your pack refunded, best bet is putting in a ticket to customer service.

• pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol even statues are bugged, impressive!
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pattyLtd wrote: »
    Lol even statues are bugged, impressive!

yes. I used my remaining crowns to buy them, as I decided not to invest real money any more, as long as the game is partially unplayable, and unless no better solution is offered for the Cyro alliance lock.

The performance meanwhile has become better on xbox EU, at least in PVE. Cyro still was very buggy last weekend (often freezes during revival, more than usual).

So I lost no real money, still it is frustrating, as this pack was offered as a replacement for the elsweyr furnishing pack. So I have no crons left when that one will be released.

The bad quality of the Dibella pack certainly does not encourage me to change my current refusal to buy crowns again for the elsweyr pack.

I have read about elsweyr texture issues before, certainly disappointing. Still, I would accept an excuse as temporary isse.

But that they sell now high-price packs that have bugs, too (the statue is THE main object of the pack), is really discouraging and I can't accept an excuse here. This is obviously selling a bugged item intentionally.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See i haven't had any issues like that with My Dibella Statue. None in my housing guild have mentioned any issues. I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to Elsweyr? Mine is in My villa and before that i enjoyed it in my Collosal Grotto as well as my Grand Total and had no issues. it's highly reflective and thus shines with the slightest light hitting the surface, however no visual glitches like in your picture. Have you tried testing it out somewhere else? (Particularly since you are down building in an area not originally meant to really be used?)
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See i haven't had any issues like that with My Dibella Statue. None in my housing guild have mentioned any issues. I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to Elsweyr? Mine is in My villa and before that i enjoyed it in my Collosal Grotto as well as my Grand Total and had no issues. it's highly reflective and thus shines with the slightest light hitting the surface, however no visual glitches like in your picture. Have you tried testing it out somewhere else? (Particularly since you are down building in an area not originally meant to really be used?)

yes maybe that is the reason, will try to place it in other locations.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have placed it too at the beach of Hundings palatial Hall. Placed inside the craftable area, where objects are intended to be placed.

Different daytime, the effect is less intensive in this situation, but still visible.

Parts with a lighter background (sky) look ok, parts with dark backgrounds (rocks and trees) look pixelated.

Other rounded objects like the dome of the redguard gazebo look smooth, so it definately is a quality issue with the statue.

System: Xbox one S, Full-HD screen resolution.

l5d6w625xlhq.png

i4bwth32wjyt.png

Edited by markulrich1966 on July 16, 2019 11:27AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's weird - haven't really noticed anything like that with mine.

I've had it about a year now.

frlrvx3qs8sf.png

c4d0gh1q0vc4.png

6uue9n1m3719.png

ucm4zxp3bpef.png

amfwhbe45wgm.png

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PC, though and that is on max graphics settings.
  • Legate_Lanius
    Legate_Lanius
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I'm on PC, though and that is on max graphics settings.

Master race PC
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday night I added the statue again to the Halls of Colossus, I meanwhile placed some lights differently.

This time I had NO pixelated border, just from very far, but that does not matter.

I do not know why it works now.
    One other thing I realized, was that now also the magma geode enlightenend the surrounding, this was not the case the last time when I had moved it from the Hall to the Lake area, it stopped shining there (was orange, but did not shine on the environment).

So I guess there was a temporary "Hickup" with the light settings, although I had the pixelated statue border for more than one day.

For now, I will set the topic to "solved ?" unless the error occurs again.

Screenshot:

now looking alright:

5zv64nw9w4hi.png