The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Archer class

Figerion
Figerion
Hi guys. I played Teso for short time some years ago.. So I am noob.. :) I have question, because I want to start to play and I am lost.. :)

I want to play archer and if I understand correctly - I could to be archer with any class..

So can you help me with choose which is better for archer? I think it could by DB or NB? Can you tell me experience of play style?

And where I can find some good builds?

Thank you! :)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to specify what type of content you'll be doing, @Figerion.

Generally, the Nightblade class is the best synergy with an archer character.

There are a lot of builds out there if you do an internet search.

As for me, I currently run Marksman + Night Mother's Gaze + Blackrose Prison Bow ... but that's for PvP.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run three bow/bow archers (Sorc, Warden, Nightblade) and primarily play solo PvE. For how I play, I rate their effectiveness in the order I listed them. I have not used any of the other classes for bow/bow so cannot speak to them. I've learned that, at least for me, it depends alot on how you play. Again, I'm primarily solo Pve. I find the Nightblade is harder to keep alive. I find the Warden requires lots of buff casting. For me, the sorc seems to hit a good balance of damage and survivability - though the sorc does have more of a challenge than the other two sustaining (keeping their stamina up).

My advice? Once you have some familiarity with the game and begin to get comfortable with your playstyle, try different classes and see what works best for you.

I'd also recommend you take a look at another thread here on this forum that is a superb resource for bow/bow players and wannabes - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381498/everything-needed-to-know-about-bow-bow-in-pve-elsweyr-update#latest
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on July 14, 2019 11:55PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel a few classes can pull it off well. My favourite is an Archer Warden, with Bear, Shalk and Cliff racer. But evena Necromancer can be an Archer with its Archer summon lol.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Figerion
    Figerion
    Thank you for your replies! :)

I will try NB.

And I have one more question. I want to be Imperial but in guides the most archers are Orc which I don't like... :) I'ts big different between races or it's rather cosmetic?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Figerion wrote: »

I will try NB.

And I have one more question. I want to be Imperial but in guides the most archers are Orc which I don't like... :) I'ts big different between races or it's rather cosmetic?

read this-

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381498/everything-needed-to-know-about-bow-bow-in-pve-elsweyr-update/p1

• Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figerion wrote: »

I will try NB.

Id say you cannot go far wrong with a NB as a bow build. However do note that it can take practice to stay alive, you need to think carefully about the skills and rotation, as it is these that will proc health & buffs to keep you alive. That said, you can just slot Vigour from the Assault skill line if you struggle and this will help.

As for race, if you are not partial to an Orc, then choose a Wood elf or Redguard. Both work very well indeed, though may do a little less damage than an Orc, they have greater resource sustain.

Ultimately, were only talking a few percentage points between the races, its not a massive difference so unless you are a min/max elite player looking to eek every ounce of damage from a build, just go with what you like!
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think most classes can benefit from bow. DK have a bit more poison status effect dmg and reduce cost.
    Sorcs have increased physical dmg and max stamina.
    Templars have increased wpn dmg and crit dmg I believe it was?
    And nb have a bit more self buffs, and also crit chance.
    I don't know the new classes well. Warden also have physical dmg bonus and they have a pet you could use with bow I guess.
    Necromancer is good whatever you go so.

When it comes to race, I think go for what you think looks fun. Anything with stamina or weapon dmg bonus, or crit.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on July 15, 2019 11:13AM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most importantly, if you want to Bow/Bow, you have to fully commit, hold out everything, grind out the gear etc.. push for 40k dps parse.. so many crappy dps archer pugs spamming snipe over the years have killed most people's expectations when they see a bow/bow in their groups.. I really like warden the best, feels natural and parses over 40k.