The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can someone give me a good reason not to roll a magicka character instead of a stamina one?

• Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

This is coming from a pet sorc main that thinks sorcs are in a bad place right now. 😂

He really said Stamplar is better than Magplar.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanehere wrote: »

This is coming from a pet sorc main that thinks sorcs are in a bad place right now. 😂

That’s because it is. It is not my problem if you don’t understand how to build or play one:)

• coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want 1-handed magicka weapons...
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    Shanehere wrote: »

That’s because it is. It is not my problem if you don’t understand how to build or play one:)

Good opinion but I disagree.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    erio wrote: »
    From my point of view (500 cp scrub) the top end classes (ones that kick my butt the most often) right now are magicka. From bg and no cp perspective.
    • Better healing, can hold block and spam instant heals. 100x better than rally
    • Resto shield, can save you from anything
    • Stamplar is good, magplar is better
    • Stamblade is squishy but has good burst, magblade is not as squishy, infinite cloak, and good burst.
    • Pets body block and do massive damage
    • Shield spam
    • Can use your non primary resource for movement, meaning you dont have to worry nearly as much about sprinting using all your stam
    Can someone give me a reason not to switch my stamplar to a magplar?

1) Stam has better healing in every situation. Your first statement is false
    2) Resto shield and shields in general do not compare to roll dodge spam or the ability to break free continually
    3) Stamplar is actually better than magplar. This is a l2p issue.
    4) Stamblades are still an S class. Magblade is also S class if they are vamps and use pirate skeleton set.
    5) Pets are silly. They have nothing to do with the other class abilities and they are getting destroyed with nerfs this patch
    6) Shields do not compare to roll dodge or the ability to block more often. They are in two entirely different leagues.
    7) This is actually a negative for mag classes. Item sets and stam cost reduction for abilities help stam toons here infinitely more as well as the added stam regen from their sets.

Just gave you 7. Your earlier statements are either from ignorance, stupidity, trolling, or a healthy combination of all three.

1. No they do not lol. Vigor offers no burst heal thats the issue if your in excute your dead. Burst heals get you out of execute. Its not better in every situation you statement is false sir.

Magplar > Stamplar healing
    Magden > Stamden
    Magblade > Stamplade
    MagDK > Stam DK
    Magcro > Stamcro

But they have a hard tim getting access to major evasion...

3. Roll Dodge spam is simply not sustainable and roll dodge does not dodge everything. I compare Roll dodge to Mist form ...
    4. LOL Stamplar is not better then a Magplar. A = skilled magplar should beat a stamplar.
    5. I will just ignore this lol
    6. Pets are awsome when defensively used. They are not silly but they are bugged
    7. I do think shields are currently at an disadvantage vs. roll dodge or the ability to block. But not in two entirely different leagues. I think blocking is currently broke because of glyphs.
    8. I dont agree with you here Magicka has access to the best return resource set in the game. Stam still does not have that set nor do I see them getting it. Stam cost reduction you can get the same with magicka the sets taht offer these set are generally not used by stam class all that much.

Stamina has issues also. There will be no Stamina Healers in Cyrodiil healing a group. There will be no Stamina Bombers like our magicka brothers. Magicka DK trumps Stam DKs on heals. I do think magicka class like the sorc are harder to play effectively then a stam DK for example.

Can I have w/e you are smoking?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s really dependent on your play style. If you go into Magicka- playing like a steam roll stam player- dodge rolling and such, you gonna have a hard time transitioning.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your play style honestly. If you like high mobility high burst melee gameplay then try a medium armor stam toon. If you like to pop off from range make a magicka sorc. If you wanna be support try a magicka Templar or warden they are both solid choices.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want 1-handed magicka weapons...

Wands :open_mouth:
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every "switching to OP mag" thread ever:

"Mag is better at everything!"
    "Lol, just made a sorc, this is soooooo easy. My bg score is huuuuge"*waggles smarmy brows*
    "What's theorycrafting?"

one month later

"I went back to stam because it feels better."
    "Mag was just too OP. Stam feels rewarding."
    "Its about playstyle!"

one week later

"Mag is better at everything!"

Rinse.Repeat.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my point of view (500 cp scrub) the top end classes (ones that kick my butt the most often) right now are magicka. From bg and no cp perspective.
    • Stamblade is squishy but has good burst, magblade is not as squishy, infinite cloak, and good burst.
    • Shield spam
    • Can use your non primary resource for movement, meaning you dont have to worry nearly as much about sprinting using all your stam

2) Resto shield and shields in general do not compare to roll dodge spam or the ability to break free continually
    4) Stamblades are still an S class. Magblade is also S class if they are vamps and use pirate skeleton set.
    5) Pets are silly. They have nothing to do with the other class abilities and they are getting destroyed with nerfs this patch
    6) Shields do not compare to roll dodge or the ability to block more often. They are in two entirely different leagues.
    7) This is actually a negative for mag classes. Item sets and stam cost reduction for abilities help stam toons here infinitely more as well as the added stam regen from their sets.

Just gave you 7. Your earlier statements are either from ignorance, stupidity, trolling, or a healthy combination of all three.

1. No they do not lol. Vigor offers no burst heal thats the issue if your in excute your dead. Burst heals get you out of execute. Its not better in every situation you statement is false sir.

Magden > Stamden
    Magblade > Stamplade
    MagDK > Stam DK
    Magcro > Stamcro

3. Roll Dodge spam is simply not sustainable and roll dodge does not dodge everything. I compare Roll dodge to Mist form ...
    4. LOL Stamplar is not better then a Magplar. A = skilled magplar should beat a stamplar.
    6. Pets are awsome when defensively used. They are not silly but they are bugged
    7. I do think shields are currently at an disadvantage vs. roll dodge or the ability to block. But not in two entirely different leagues. I think blocking is currently broke because of glyphs.
    8. I dont agree with you here Magicka has access to the best return resource set in the game. Stam still does not have that set nor do I see them getting it. Stam cost reduction you can get the same with magicka the sets taht offer these set are generally not used by stam class all that much.

Stamina has issues also. There will be no Stamina Healers in Cyrodiil healing a group. There will be no Stamina Bombers like our magicka brothers. Magicka DK trumps Stam DKs on heals. I do think magicka class like the sorc are harder to play effectively then a stam DK for example.

yes called Cyrodiil :) out there most night come on out... Duel everynight so yea feel free to contact me in game and you can have what Im smoking
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Shield spam

Magden > Stamden
    Magblade > Stamplade
    MagDK > Stam DK
    Magcro > Stamcro

yes called Cyrodiil :) out there most night come on out... Duel everynight so yea feel free to contact me in game and you can have what Im smoking

Idk what cyro you play in. But pcna, any team worth a *** rolls Stam toons. Higher damage, more tanky, faster coordinated burst with dbos spam, vigor stacks, rally for burst heal, snb for defiles, dw for aoe spammable execute, Stam in general for more cc breaks, sprints, and roll dodges.

People say it's a pvp Stam meta and it is. People like to back on pet sorcs and sorcs in general as op, but they the only mag spec on par with this bis Stam builds
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Shield spam

Every post you make is garbage and lies. I said 5.1 will cripple the class.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Shield spam

Sorry, guess i confused you with someone else...
    All of the other classes are stronger than sorc with equally skilled players.
    All of the other classes are better than sorcs in the hands of equally skilled players. Sorcs appear strong because they eradicate unsuspecting players or inexperienced players.
    Dodge roll/stealth/wings and other abilities are much stronger defense than a mag sorc has.
    Mag sorcs are fine. If anything they, and the other mag classes, need stronger defenses against bow users to put them on par with stamina classes. All of the stamina classes are still superior to mag sorcs in the hands of equally skilled players.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina is infinitely better, I love magicka classes and play them often. Alas nothing can compete with the burst of dB spin 2 win, even the nerfs to spin to win were irrelevant.

With things like masters bow and masters dual wield delivering insane damage for one skill. (Granted masters staves are good, but much harder to sacrifice back bar weapon on magicka.)

I can burst a mag class then run at 100mph escape regroup and hit them again with a dawnbreaker.

Vigor is basically resto ult but can be spammed whenever and stacked (it's changing, good for the game but sad for Stam classes.)

Can't be silenced? Incap has basically no effect on my Stam sorc.

Sets like fury giving you 800 wp what set even comes close to this for magicka? (Bsw, sioria much less reliable sioria irrelevant in PvP)

With the horrible nerfs stams getting it goes to show how much they were outperforming.

If Im feeling competitive I'll get my whole team on dB stam builds race and class doesn't really matter. Then we bomb spin/reverse slice entire zergs down.

Magicka great for 1v1 situations even then in cyro you out manoeuvre them simply. Lose Los and kite them around a rock.

To make magicka competitive without horrendously nerfing stamina would be to give magicka the ability to teleport (dodge) using magicka, break free using magicka, glide (sprint) using magicka.

Although this would make the stam pool on magicka useless, perhaps make vigor scale with stam and mag then make a bone shield morph work with stam instead of health to even the scores a bit. the
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is infinitely better, I love magicka classes and play them often. Alas nothing can compete with the burst of dB spin 2 win, even the nerfs to spin to win were irrelevant.

With things like masters bow and masters dual wield delivering insane damage for one skill. (Granted masters staves are good, but much harder to sacrifice back bar weapon on magicka.)

I can burst a mag class then run at 100mph escape regroup and hit them again with a dawnbreaker.

Vigor is basically resto ult but can be spammed whenever and stacked (it's changing, good for the game but sad for Stam classes.)

Can't be silenced? Incap has basically no effect on my Stam sorc.

Sets like fury giving you 800 wp what set even comes close to this for magicka? (Bsw, sioria much less reliable sioria irrelevant in PvP)

With the horrible nerfs stams getting it goes to show how much they were outperforming.

If Im feeling competitive I'll get my whole team on dB stam builds race and class doesn't really matter. Then we bomb spin/reverse slice entire zergs down.

Magicka great for 1v1 situations even then in cyro you out manoeuvre them simply. Lose Los and kite them around a rock.

To make magicka competitive without horrendously nerfing stamina would be to give magicka the ability to teleport (dodge) using magicka, break free using magicka, glide (sprint) using magicka.

Although this would make the stam pool on magicka useless, perhaps make vigor scale with stam and mag then make a bone shield morph work with stam instead of health to even the scores a bit. the

Have you even actually played a bg cause half of what you said isnt right imo. Vigor is terrible, slow heal that cant always save you, unlike the mag heal templar uses. Heavy armor is useless, way too slow, and little recovery. Mag toons have shields, and sorcs have pets and bolt, and dark deal or whatever, the ultimate kiting tools. Giving them mag cc breaks and stuff is *** too imo. Honestly the silence sucks mag toons just block it. Okay a few stam classes actually had a chance against a magsorc but they took that away too
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Shield spam

Magden > Stamden
    Magblade > Stamplade
    MagDK > Stam DK
    Magcro > Stamcro

Idk what cyro you play in. But pcna, any team worth a *** rolls Stam toons. Higher damage, more tanky, faster coordinated burst with dbos spam, vigor stacks, rally for burst heal, snb for defiles, dw for aoe spammable execute, Stam in general for more cc breaks, sprints, and roll dodges.

People say it's a pvp Stam meta and it is. People like to back on pet sorcs and sorcs in general as op, but they the only mag spec on par with this bis Stam builds

Mag toons have better utlis though. Leap, Attronarch, Nova, negate. All stam toons either run leap if youre a dk or just dawnbreaker. All the same no differences
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam has roll dodge which makes any projectile miss, and its really strong. They also have a faster TTK (cp pvp) since they can just spec for weapon dmg and sustain and not worry to much about mag - where mag users have to balance stam along with everything else. If they get CC'd and cant break it theyre dead. Stam has it a lot easier in that department. Stam = big burst and easier to 1vx. Mag = more group utility (ults included)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Shield spam

Magden > Stamden
    Magblade > Stamplade
    MagDK > Stam DK
    Magcro > Stamcro

Mag toons have better utlis though. Leap, Attronarch, Nova, negate. All stam toons either run leap if youre a dk or just dawnbreaker. All the same no differences

Stamina can use all those Ultimates for the same effectiveness as Magicka. That they choose DB instead is because of how much cheese that ultimate is with animation canceling.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    • Shield spam

Magden > Stamden
    Magblade > Stamplade
    MagDK > Stam DK
    Magcro > Stamcro

Stamina can use all those Ultimates for the same effectiveness as Magicka. That they choose DB instead is because of how much cheese that ultimate is with animation canceling.

Well could... post patch they’ll have to update their DB bash macros to compensate for the cast time.

Whole argument’s getting silly. Things like vigor isn’t good, mag toons are terrible... people are arguing and saying things they don’t actually believe because they think it makes their argument stronger, or talking from inexperience.

Probably best to chill until tomorrow when the new notes are released and save your arguments for round 3 of THE stam vs mag fight club thread.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 21, 2019 1:42PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much delusion in here.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Shield spam

Sorry, guess i confused you with someone else...
    All of the other classes are stronger than sorc with equally skilled players.
    All of the other classes are better than sorcs in the hands of equally skilled players. Sorcs appear strong because they eradicate unsuspecting players or inexperienced players.
    Dodge roll/stealth/wings and other abilities are much stronger defense than a mag sorc has.
    Mag sorcs are fine. If anything they, and the other mag classes, need stronger defenses against bow users to put them on par with stamina classes. All of the stamina classes are still superior to mag sorcs in the hands of equally skilled players.

Never said they are in a bad place. They will be with 5.1 however.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who defends stamplar really didn't find the potential of magplar or didn't fight a good magplar. I played stamplar for a long time, when i switched to magplar i had so much easier time and access to what i couldn't've done before. I made off character stamplar, geared it and now i play both and i still say magplar is way much better.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To answer the OP's real question, in a magplar versus stamplar match up, it's the magplar's fight to lose. Stamplar plays best mobile and bursty, and magplar's snares and the need for the class to build generally tankier hinders that a lot.

Stamplar is probably the weakest pvp spec right now with fewer effective build options than other classes, so it doesn't surprise me that you are struggling, OP. However magplar is (generally) much slower and defensive in character, which may or may not suit your playstyle preferences.

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone give me a good reason not to roll a magicka character instead of a stamina one?

If you 're asking that, you already have chosen what to do...
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »

If you 're asking that, you already have chosen what to do...

What