Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is that the famous PvP lag that people keep talking about or just a trick that I don't know about?

Xargas13
Xargas13
✭✭✭
I'll try to keep it short. When I played PvP on lower levels everything was fine, on the max level battlegrounds are a nightmare, I will explain why... My character never lags, my abilities shoot and get animated alright, but when it comes to other players that attacking me I am not so sure. You see, a melee or range character can down me in seconds, we are one on one, no other players, and I get that, some players have more XP in the game, but what gets me, that he needs just few seconds to unleash 5 or more abilities that I see on the kill screen, while I manage to put out just two. So my question as follows, some kind of lag, or a trick that I need to learn?

Best Answer

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's from an exploit and bad code in eso combat.
    there exists the ability to glitch the system to cast off multiple damage hitting abilities in pvp and pve.
    people claim its "skill" but its not skill its people taking advantage of the bad code, and lagg, High Ping, mixed with animation canceling.
    here is a few examples from another poster that help show it in action.

please bare inmind that there are going to be alot of people trying to defend this and they will say anything and do anything to make it look like its not an exploit and make it look like and word it to sound like its ok and "skill"
    but i can assure and promise you this was never intended by zenimax and is infact an exploit in the game.

heres a few examples
    provided by a very wise person here on the forums.

Quote:
    LegacyDM wrote: »

48276266357_17e098ddea_k.jpg

Here we have HA-->Sub Assault --->DoS all in the same second

48276280227_4f62397e1b_k.jpg

Here we have a Cutting Dive ---->Heavy Attack ----> Sub Assault all in the same second followed by a DoS one second later. Poor game play design and BS.

48276265722_62c1c1ea28_k.jpg

Here we have a lethal arrow ----> Draining Shot all in the same second.

48276182731_01c7713dee_k.jpg

Here's an interesting one. An Ambush ----> Lethal Arrow. In the same second. Now how did he get an ambush off with a skill that actually requires a 1s channel cast time all in the same second. Not sure.

48276266162_fe425c2cff_k.jpg

Here we have Dizzying Swing ---->Reverse Slice --->Sub Assault all in the same second.

45839221731_cc496659c1_h.jpg

And my personal favorite. Two focused aims in the same second.

Of course your just going to tell me its lag, dsynch or some other BS excuse. Fact remains it's poor code and they need to fix it by adding slight cast times. Looks like they are starting with Ultimates. These photos were taken in the last several months. I've since replaced my hard drive so I cant count how many photos over the years I had with BS like this. Mostly, DB, Poison Injection, Lethal Arrow, Sub Assault, DizzySwing, Incap Strike, Reverse Slice, and Killers blade all being the worst offenders for hitting in the same seconds.

End Quote:

like i said, expect a mass of defenses in wording from people that support the exploit.
    but in the end, its an exploit.
    Answer ✓
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance they will fix it? it is really game breaking, takes a lot of fun from the game.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    Any chance they will fix it? it is really game breaking, takes a lot of fun from the game.

although it is only speculation right now, the newest patch notes indicate the developrs made some changes to a few skill and ultimates that present a cast time that is unavoidable.

we have no proof nor knowledge of the reasoning behind those changes but it certainly looks like it is having a positive effect on what you are reffering to in this thread and that it might be a step in the right direction to remedy this problem.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484543/remove-cast-time-from-ultimates/p1
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Then I guess the game will stay on my hard drive for now :)
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And yet a lot of "smart" people complain about casting times....
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this thread is mysteriously quiet.......

Lurking!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders