The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Templar skills drop FPS and cause microfreezes. (video proof)

Inaya1
Inaya1
✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/ayVPmhI_MXQ
I want to show you in video the problem from which many bg, Cyrodiil, duels in particular, lagged. It's not the templar class itself that is to blame, but its skills: thats particles / light. They clog up the cash games and microfreezes begin. The only solution to this problem so far is a re-entry into the game. But maybe ... is it worth something to fix and forget about it?
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I had the same issue yesterday as Stamina Templar on a dungeon, weirdly it happened just a couple of times, and the lag spikes were less cause I was just using bitting jabs, also perhaps cause I logged off and back in again.

I'll test with my magplar when maintenance is over and post results here.
    Options
  • Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    Chuaznega wrote: »
    I had the same issue yesterday as Stamina Templar on a dungeon, weirdly it happened just a couple of times, and the lag spikes were less cause I was just using bitting jabs, also perhaps cause I logged off and back in again.

I'll test with my magplar when maintenance is over and post results here.

StamTemplars are also addicted to this problem. But fortunately much less. As a rule, only the repentance, power of the light and restoring focus is affected by the FPS and extended ritual if you use it of course. I also have stamplar, there are drawdowns there, but they are not very noticeable, they still litter the cash games, and after the battles in dungeons 5-10, this is already beginning to be felt. But it’s mana-spec that’s more of a problem.
    But in the mana version on dd or healer it feels more acute. Especially on BG and in Cyrodiil, when microfreezes begin that lasts 1-2 seconds and reduce the fight to a slideshow. And please note, my computer can easily withstand this game and the FPS does not drop by itself, even at high settings in new locations. (Although I now play at minimum salary to avoid such surprises)
    Options
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Same here, my computer is good, if it starts to happen again, I'll record in vídeo also.
    Btw I loved the video picture intro "lag" lol
    Edited by Chuaznega on July 15, 2019 3:26PM
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm. Solar Barrage and Shards seem to exacerbate it on a nuclear level as well. I have characters of every class, race, and spec, and my Templars give me the most grief in terms of decreased game performance.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
    Options
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    OK I didnt had any issues anymore, I remember now that I disabled VSYNC, did you guys have it on? If yes, please disable it and test again, and please let me know.
    Options
  • Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    OK I didnt had any issues anymore, I remember now that I disabled VSYNC, did you guys have it on? If yes, please disable it and test again, and please let me know.

Its my settings.As you can see, it is disabled. With such infusions of graphics, my game always keeps 60+ fps. But only until the moment when the templar comes to the group
    t00u3suu3l80.png
    0ki2b5los7x5.png
    Options
  • Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    That's just ... I went today to bg. There were 3 templar in all teams. 1 stamplar in ours, and 2 healers-templar in another team. As a result, it reached the point that the FPS dropped to 0 constantly. After 30 seconds or 1 minute it stopped and got better, but you know, playing with 5-8 fps and microfreezes for 1-2 seconds is a very pleasant pleasure. In this case, my total FPS after the game fell by about 40-80 and instead of 120 fps in the world, I began to show 20, until I restarted the game. Consider that the usual BG produces about 50-70 FPS, and this is very nice, but not when there are templars.

I tried to delve into deeper settings through the TXT file. Aggravated shade, particle quality. I tried to update the video driver. As a fact, my FPS is better. Until the moment X about which I constantly speak. It seems like a solid wall, as if the game is ignoring me. I have 16GB RAM Hyper-X, Gtx750Ti video card and i5 processor. It's just awful.

PROOFS:
    m6rdi33h4s7a.png
    5ps1ldakl0na.png
    Options
  • Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    bzrsqa7753nd.png
    Options
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Try disabling all your addons and go do what you usually do for a good/long time and see if it still happens. If you did not already.
    Edited by Chuaznega on July 22, 2019 6:58AM
    Options
  • Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    Try disabling all your addons and go do what you usually do for a good/long time and see if it still happens. If you did not already.

I wrote in the video that has already been tested. These addons have virtually no effect on the performance that I have included. I have only combat metricks, S'rendarr, GreySkull, harven's extended skills and stats, ap metre. I have no more addons
    Options
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you all would read the patch notes it would help.

All Templar skills have snares. They apply to player movement, PC’s, macs, chromebooks, etc..

L2P issue here.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My stamplar locks my game to 25fps. Only relogging fixes it.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    It happened again. I logged on my healer and played vet Arx pledge, then now vet Fungal 1 pledge with a couple guild mates, first pledge was ok, but now on Fungal 1 last boss the FPS drop started, I relogged so I can continue playing without this annoying problem that only happens with templar skills.

I relogged, weird is that it does not happen often, I guess like you guys said it starts as micro freezes and then goes and goes and it starts to increase the memory lack or whatever it is called, and the FPS starts to drop more each time, at least is what I felt.
    Edited by Chuaznega on July 23, 2019 7:19AM
    Options
  • Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I'm having problems again with Templars, either stamina or magicka, DPS or Healer, FPS is droping like in the videos above, after playing for some times with them (I only play PvE).

I'm NOT having this problem with any other class - I have 13 CP characters, all classes and styles (both stamina and magicka DPS variations for each class).
    Edited by Chuaznega on September 6, 2019 2:34PM
    Options
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
    Options
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Ethardt wrote: »

I guess you did not noticed that this one was made first.
    Options
  • Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    Ethardt wrote: »

My post was made much earlier than yours. Therefore, I advise you to better move the discussion here than to produce a lot of new ones)
    Options
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Hi, so I was also having those problems and I decided to make a test and I deleted the files 'ShaderCache.cooked' and 'UserSettings.txt' under 'C:\Users\***Your PC Username***\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live' and after that I'm not having more issues.
    I'm not entirely sure if that is the thing that fixed it, but is what it seems.
    Edited by Chuaznega on September 22, 2019 4:20PM
    Options