The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

6mill vs 21mill dummy

Maxdevil
Maxdevil
✭✭✭
Anyone know about how much dps you can get with the 21mill dummy vs the 6mill for example: if You are 40k on the 6mill what would be the equivalent parse on the 21mill?
"Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
Pc-Na
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the general consensus is around 30k
    MinnesotaKid

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The builds that where at 50-60k in previous patches on the 6mil are now at 90-100k on the 21mil, so i'd say something between 40-50k increase, but it's hard to tell with nobody doing 6mil anymore.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Unless u have combat metrics it would be hard to compare .. but on a 3mil doing 36k dps it's like 66k on 21m atro .. but so many variables and possible mistakes in parse ..
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do these dummies have different resistances?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, I think trial dummy is good only to compare builds and to save pots while mechanically training/warming up.

Your sustain and buffs in reality are far worse from trial dummy, with exception of some stationary bosses AND ideal support rotations.
    In my guilds everybody is confused with trial dummy numbers and dps requirements are still requested from 6m dummy parses.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Iron atro - 5850 resistances
    Skellys - like normal dungeon mobs?

Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your sustain and buffs in reality are far worse from trial dummy, with exception of some stationary bosses AND ideal support rotations.

Well, sustain is often better in actual fights as they are usually significantly shorter or have damage pauses that can be used to fill up resources again.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    A rotation that does about 41k, self buffed without fracture on the 6 mil does about 80k on the trial dummy. I was testing a new build the other day, so I can say that those numbers are accurate about 2 days ago.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

the iron atro has all of the debuffs already applied, so iit ends up in the 5k resist range, the 6mil dummies have 18.2k resistance.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trial dummy is only good for parsing, wait for it, trial rotations. The buffs/debuffs do not not reflect any other game situation.
    So if you aren't running trials with a somewhat serious group, those numbers mean nothing to you or your build.

There's 3 basic categories when it comes to training (yes, that's really what they are) dummies.

- Use the 3/6 mil *solo* (and by solo i mean just you with nobody else around) to measure your solo dps in an environment where you don't have to deal with any mechanics like blocking/dodging/healing/shielding/moving out of red etc. Use this to practice your rotation.
    - Use the 3/6 mil in a group and have your group mates apply buffs/debuffs to measure your group dps. Environmental restrictions are the same as above
    - Use the raid dummy to measure your trial dps. Environmental restrictions are the same as above

Those parses are not interchangeable. A trial parse gives little information about how you are going to perform solo and vice versa.

And finally, if you really want to know if your build is going to work in-game, you have to run actual content.
    For solo, solo some dungeons and see how it goes. For group, run some dungeons with a group and see how it goes. For trial, run some trials with a group and see how it goes.

The dummies will only get you so far, the real test will be where you have to pay attention to your environment and your (hopefully perfect by now) rotation needs to be substituted with blocking/dodging/healing/shielding/moving out of red ...
    post-2-1445282250.gif

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »

Well, sustain is often better in actual fights as they are usually significantly shorter or have damage pauses that can be used to fill up resources again.

In farm runs, when everything works like clock - yes. In progression runs... no, it's always a mess going on here and there and sustain is very stretched in comparison to trial dummy where you are basically fluctuating in 50-80% of resources until execute stage.
    A rotation that does about 41k, self buffed without fracture on the 6 mil does about 80k on the trial dummy. I was testing a new build the other day, so I can say that those numbers are accurate about 2 days ago.

It's interesting, because while doing 40k at 6M, I roughly do 60k at trial one and in my groups everyone is more or less within 40k self-buffed dps and with comparable 11-14 dps% in trials, but at trial dummy parses vary wildly. Curious what might be the reason for this.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiplied by 1.6 from people's experience, depends on how much of the debuffs you provided
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.6-1.8 multiplied.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    The trial dummy is only good for parsing, wait for it, trial rotations. The buffs/debuffs do not not reflect any other game situation.
    So if you aren't running trials with a somewhat serious group, those numbers mean nothing to you or your build.

There's 3 basic categories when it comes to training (yes, that's really what they are) dummies.

- Use the 3/6 mil *solo* (and by solo i mean just you with nobody else around) to measure your solo dps in an environment where you don't have to deal with any mechanics like blocking/dodging/healing/shielding/moving out of red etc. Use this to practice your rotation.
    - Use the 3/6 mil in a group and have your group mates apply buffs/debuffs to measure your group dps. Environmental restrictions are the same as above
    - Use the raid dummy to measure your trial dps. Environmental restrictions are the same as above

Those parses are not interchangeable. A trial parse gives little information about how you are going to perform solo and vice versa.

And finally, if you really want to know if your build is going to work in-game, you have to run actual content.
    For solo, solo some dungeons and see how it goes. For group, run some dungeons with a group and see how it goes. For trial, run some trials with a group and see how it goes.

The dummies will only get you so far, the real test will be where you have to pay attention to your environment and your (hopefully perfect by now) rotation needs to be substituted with blocking/dodging/healing/shielding/moving out of red ...
    post-2-1445282250.gif

While all of that is undoubtedly true... come on man, let's be real! I can't even remember the last time I saw a streamer or even some random guy on the forums quote a parse that WASN'T obtained with the Iron Atro. Nobody wants to mention an honest 60K parse when everyone is throwing around 90K parses as the bare minimum.

It seems really funny to me that DPS has been inflated by 50% overnight, because there was a time when forum know-it-alls would SCOLD you just for using Lover mundus or something like that, LOL. Doesn't it seem strange that no one is complaining about the Iron Atro? I was sure when it came out that there would be uproar on the forums, calling it "pay-2-parse" or whatever, but until this thread, there hasn't been a peep. I guess everyone likes big numbers!

Edited by Emma_Overload on July 13, 2019 6:20PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭

post-2-1445282250.gif

While all of that is undoubtedly true... come on man, let's be real! I can't even remember the last time I saw a streamer or even some random guy on the forums quote a parse that WASN'T obtained with the Iron Atro. Nobody wants to mention an honest 60K parse when everyone is throwing around 90K parses as the bare minimum.

It seems really funny to me that DPS has been inflated by 50% overnight, because there was a time when forum know-it-alls would SCOLD you just for using Lover mundus or something like that, LOL. Doesn't it seem strange that no one is complaining about the Iron Atro? I was sure when it came out that there would be uproar on the forums, calling it "pay-2-parse" or whatever, but until this thread, there hasn't been a peep. I guess everyone likes big numbers!

Thats not at all why the Iron Atro is used. Previously with the 6 mill self buffed dummy, you would have wild variances due to the differences in self buffs available to each class. Now that there is a dummy that provides ALL buffs, it levels the variances between classes and allows a MUCH clearer picture of the differences in dps between classes and the skill of the player. Your argument is completely irrelevant to why Iron Atro dummy is now used.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, the epeen is strong in many ...
    popcorn.gif

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

post-2-1445282250.gif

Mostly because Iron Atro works very well when you actually want to compare something. It puts everyone under exact same conditions. You don't need to argue about self-applied/healer applied ele drain, penetration numbers and so on. Everyone is able to parse under the most optimal conditons.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Mostly because Iron Atro works very well when you actually want to compare something. It puts everyone under exact same conditions. You don't need to argue about self-applied/healer applied ele drain, penetration numbers and so on. Everyone is able to parse under the most optimal conditons.
    As long as you don't join my 4 player dungeon group claiming that you can actually pull 100k all by yourself.

Ah who am i kidding, of course you will ...
    rolleyes.gif

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    As long as you don't join my 4 player dungeon group claiming that you can actually pull 100k all by yourself.

Ah who am i kidding, of course you will ...
    rolleyes.gif

Don't worry. I won't. I dont even touch 4 mans these days.

And honestly I'm a tank, so I really can't pull 100k. Although I absolutely can be picky with my groups, you know.
    Edited by Royaji on July 13, 2019 6:43PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

post-2-1445282250.gif

Somewhat agree, would rather have a 6mill with major fracture/breach.

However people 'cheated' with the old parses with healers anyway. I seem to remember alcast once not only used a healer for a parse once (which isnt entirely wrong) but then after doing 58k said in the video title it was a 61k+ build because the healer did 3k dps themselves to regen mana!
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on July 13, 2019 8:48PM
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭

For myself I’m doing 45k on a 6mill self buffed and 65k on a 21mill, it’s more a 20k more for me lol
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxdevil wrote: »

For myself I’m doing 45k on a 6mill self buffed and 65k on a 21mill, it’s more a 20k more for me lol

Depends on how many buffs you provide yourself naturally in your rotation. For me its 42/72k. Nightblades and other classes with fracture or breach are probably the main ones who will see less of a difference.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    So simple answer, SUSTAIN. If you can't sustain your resources on the 25mil raid dummy, then your dps will vary greatly and generally be significantly lower. If you have great sustain then you can almost double your dps compared to a 6mil dummy that provides no buffs.
  • WickidMexican
    WickidMexican
    ✭✭✭
    I still feel like the iron atro doesnt have major breach/fracture. When i look at likos cm after vid i swear i dont see it on the debuffs/buffs tabs
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still feel like the iron atro doesnt have major breach/fracture. When i look at likos cm after vid i swear i dont see it on the debuffs/buffs tabs

@WickidMexican

It might be the base dummy is configured with the resistances in question rather than having the debuff applied. This way it would be less calculations so less lag. That would explain why you dont see the Debuffs and Buffs
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WickidMexican
    WickidMexican
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly. Who knows oh well.