The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't get by Vox, stuck

Doctor_David
I'm new to ESO. I'm on the quest where I have to kill Vox. But I'm not even that close to being able to, after a 1/2 dozen tries. Really, this one boss has pretty much just ground my game to a halt and I don't know what to do. I've tried buffing on a potion. I have a healing potion in my quick slot. I doing the mechanics as best I'm able. Short of deciding I'm not good enough to play this game, what do I do?
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What class are you? What weapons and armor do you use and are they more of less of your level? And what more specifically is tour problem with this dude? Does he hit too hard too fast, does he spaw add ons you can't handle, heals himself, what?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which encounter with Vox is this? You're actually supposed to lose the first fight, to get access to the next area. That defeat is scripted, so you can't win.

The one you can win is part of "The Judgment of Veloth" quest. If that's not the current one, just wait a bit for your turn.
    Edited by ghastley on July 12, 2019 1:29PM
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I was stuck on Magistrix Vox for a month when I first started ESO! Check YouTube for some guides, and keep trying.
  • Doctor_David
    It isn't good when he is so much stronger than the content it takes to get to him. Basically it ends up being a big trap for the player the leads to a dead-end. And, since content scales, I can't wait until I'm higher level to take him on.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't good when he is so much stronger than the content it takes to get to him. Basically it ends up being a big trap for the player the leads to a dead-end. And, since content scales, I can't wait until I'm higher level to take him on.

No, but you can fix your build now, if that's the problem.

General Fixes for when you start having problems while questing on a leveling character:
    • Use a food buff to boost your health and the stat you use for most of your attacks (stamina or magicka)
    • Double check that your weapons/armor are close to your level. The closer to your level they are, the better your stats are. The lower they are, the more you take stat penalties.
    • Are you running out of resources during the fight? Light attack to do damage, heavy attack with a staff to restore magicka, heavy attack with a weapon to restore stamina.
    • Do you have a self healing ability? This is a lot harder on stamina players, where Dual Wield is probably the easiest method unless you PVP for Vigor. Most magicka builds have some sort of self-heal available.
    • Are you trying to play a hybrid using both stamina and magicka? The way ESO works, most magicka skills do more damage if you have more magicka, and stamina skills increase in damage as you get more stamina. So its very beneficial to go all stamina or all magicka.
    • Are you trying to play a tank? Sadly, this doesn't work as well in questing as one might hope. Its often easier to just kill bosses quicker than try to outlast them. So try building for magicka/light armor or stamina/medium armor, and you'll likely find that questing gets easier.

Tips for Vox:
    • Are you using Damage Over Time skills? If you are magicka, Wall of Elements from Destruction staff is phenomenal. If you are stamina, Endless Hail from Bow does the same. These skills give you constant damage while you light attack/heal/use direct attacks. This will help with Vox's summoned spirits. Those skills do area of effect damage to, allowing you to damage Vox and her summons.
    • Are you using the combat cues to avoid damage? Block her heavy attacks (streaky white lines around her), roll dodge out of the red circles at her feet, break free when she fears you with the flying spirit.
    • If she's hovering and there's red glyphs around her, bash her.

Hope that helps!
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 13, 2019 10:59PM
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it will help in your build but in mine it made a major difference. I put an absorb health glyph on both of my weapons for fights that I just couldn't get past. My armor glyphs were all prismatic (increase all 3 stats) but you can put increase health glyphs on all of your armor pieces, if only just for that fight. Jewelry glyphs can be either health regeneration or for harder hitting, depending on where you feel you are lacking. I have changed up glyphs on my build just to get through one fight, then made new ones to go back to what I had previously. If your own crafting isn't high enough to make your own, what platform/server are you on? I'm Xbox NA and can make any glyph of any level and color. I may need some of the runestones for higher level glyphs but otherwise wouldn't charge you. GT shadokatph66.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were several fights like this on release, the first Fighhter's Guild fight for one (the harvester), where players would often have to 'over level' in order to win, sadly ZoS failed to allow for the horrible tuning of some bosses like Vox when they removed the capability of over-leveling .. Vox has been complained about by new players the entire life of the game but ZoS seem happy to ley players such as yourself pound your head against the brick wall. :(

And don't you love the forced-soloing in an MMO which means you can't get someone to help you out.
    Edited by KerinKor on July 17, 2019 7:14PM