Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

tank meta after patch notes (pts round 1) still there me thinks?

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ball group healing got nerfed, and got some tools to deal with it, m'kay.

but tank meta / troll tanks

bleeds now work like dots, have to deal with resistances (im fine with that)
oblivion damage changed to scale with HP, but scaling is bad and will only do around ~1k damage to a ~27kish hp player (an oblivion enchant)
sword and board lost major defile, that's another source gone.
vigor and regen changed to actually very good single target / self heals
heavy armor skills grants huge amounts of block mitigation and longer CC immune

im thinking the "stand there and hold block" will actually be stronger then ever.

thoughts and opinions?
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught... Resistance based tanking will be much lesser but mitigation, healing and health recovery based tanking will be higher than ever.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank meta and troll tanks are two very separate things.

The first got nerfed, the second got buffed.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB bombers will be making a huge come back next patch
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

This. A lot of the toughest pure troll tanks don't even run very high health.

If Onslaught becomes very popular the benefit of high resists wanes. But it's hard to land in lag. I think layering HoTs, heaith regen and Protection will be more prevalent.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

I disagree because isn’t stam getting more aoe mitigation?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heal thru it meta
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »

I disagree because isn’t stam getting more aoe mitigation?

yeah but uncap on proxy det does not really care, even the new phoenix could possibly be used in conjunction with a bomb, but yeah, ball groups and mass repair / resource groups bout to detonate like nobodies business.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Heal thru it meta

I personally love pariah, spirit guardian, minor and major protection, and vamp undeath.

"oh whats that? im getting low? guess I should do something about that hm hm hm hm hm should I use this heal or? maybe this one? hmmm, oh getting lower? guess ill use this one.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tank meta was barely adressed and just took a different shape.....
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank + damage builds looks like it might be weaker.

But tank + tank builds have always and will continue to be an annoyance.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Onslaught... Resistance based tanking will be much lesser but mitigation, healing and health recovery based tanking will be higher than ever.

I think this nails it, and I think this will be the tankiest meta so far.

Either way, Go Templar or Go Home this patch.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The meta shifted to high speed, high heals, maim/CR/%based mitigation/block.

Just everyone was lazy/seduced by fury/protective to see it lol
    Edited by Minno on July 11, 2019 5:49PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The tank meta was barely adressed and just took a different shape.....
    Minno wrote: »
    The meta shifted to high speed, high heals, main/CR/%based mitigation/block.

Just everyone was lazy/seduced by fury/protective to see it lol

These guys get it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

If Onslaught becomes very popular the benefit of high resists wanes. But it's hard to land in lag. I think layering HoTs, heaith regen and Protection will be more prevalent.

I bet Onslaught usage fades quickly. It always ignored resists but didn't put a dent in the tank meta. Landing the KB to get the ultimate refunded was tougher than it sounded, and that stays the same, so getting 16 seconds of stolen penetration will be just as difficult.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

I bet Onslaught usage fades quickly. It always ignored resists but didn't put a dent in the tank meta. Landing the KB to get the ultimate refunded was tougher than it sounded, and that stays the same, so getting 16 seconds of stolen penetration will be just as difficult.

The wording on the patch notes make it sound like you don't need to land the kill. It sounds like they are just making one morph defensive, you get the resistance ignored. The other morph offensive, you get the amount of penetration ignored.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think it’s a little early to put the last nail in the coffin. Totally agree S&B for passive defense was nerfed but it was also buffed if someone wants to play a tank playstyle.

Um... disagree completely. The people who used onslaught effectively were nasty, and they’ll be nastier post patch. Thing is it’s easier to DB because it’s aoe, but high speed builds using onslaught will be really good.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @katorga No need to kill, just activating the skill gives you the penetration.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you sure? The description at elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com says:
    Killing an enemy with this ability converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration and increases duration

But I've seen people post on forums both ways. If you have to get the killing blow, it is situational. If not? Well my necro generates 150 ultimate really, really quickly..... (and my Nord armor resistance racial passive just become a hindrance).
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Killing an enemy with this ability converts the Physical and Spell Resistance into Physical and Spell Penetration and increases duration

But I've seen people post on forums both ways. If you have to get the killing blow, it is situational. If not? Well my necro generates 150 ultimate really, really quickly..... (and my Nord armor resistance racial passive just become a hindrance).

I wouldn't trust wiki implicitly; they are a little slow on keeping up to date.

I'd try to find a definite test from a PTS user.

It was a really strong ability prior; thing is resistance itself isn't gonna be used as much - for mitigation - meaning the impactful mitigation will still be applied to onslaught (i.e. major protection)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wouldn't trust wiki implicitly; they are a little slow on keeping up to date.

I'd try to find a definite test from a PTS user.

It was a really strong ability prior; thing is resistance itself isn't gonna be used as much - for mitigation - meaning the impactful mitigation will still be applied to onslaught (i.e. major protection)

I agree with that 100%. I plan on having double goodness....stealing everyone else's penetration with my 2H and rocking @40% raw mitigation before armor, with a bit of major evasion and minor maim thrown in for good measure.