Jode’s Embrace player home removed?

scorpius2k1
scorpius2k1
✭✭✭✭
Due to an unforeseen issue. I really wanted to buy this too, anyone know what happened?

Big bummer.

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/1148695203370479616
[Zenimax] zone: WTS [Turning Players Into Payers]
[Zenimax] zone: ;o)
  • mrsrobot
    mrsrobot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they have a delay with getting the t-shirt in time.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    Maybe they have a delay with getting the t-shirt in time.

    Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if that was the reason too, but also confused if they had some issue with the housing itself. Hopefully it will get sorted out for a future release. Definitely a lot going on for ESO right now.
    [Zenimax] zone: WTS [Turning Players Into Payers]
    [Zenimax] zone: ;o)
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Especially their choice of words.
    We will notify everyone if we release the promotion and/or home in the future.

    If. Not when. So neither the special promotion nor home are guaranteed.

    I like the home but had pretty much decided to pass on it for now, expecting it to be super expensive.

    Maybe it'll get the psijic villa treatment and be given away with an event to encourage people to buy Elsweyr.
  • matman682007
    matman682007
    Soul Shriven
    I really don't care about the t-shirt. Wish they'd just say due to unforeseen circumstances we can't offer the t-shirt promotion but the house will still be released as planned.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't care about the t-shirt. Wish they'd just say due to unforeseen circumstances we can't offer the t-shirt promotion but the house will still be released as planned.

    Agreed, if that's the case. Since they are always so vague when announcing things, it really is hard to tell what the actual issue was though. Either way, I'd definitely like to have the house at some point.
    [Zenimax] zone: WTS [Turning Players Into Payers]
    [Zenimax] zone: ;o)
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, if that's the case.

    I don't put much stock in the t-shirt theory. If it was that they could always sell the home now and just say to the buyers - "Hey guys, there's going to be a delay with the shirts." That wouldn't cause riots.

    I think it's more likely the sale was cancelled due to low demand, which they'd have a good idea of based on things like forum feedback - which wasn't very positive - and player behaviour on the PTS. Number of previews, players actually furnishing it etc. Also youtube preview views and comments.

    I love it and all the Elsweyr housing and furniture but it wouldn't be to everyone's tastes and feedback here hasn't been great.

    There may be more value in not selling it now and instead as I suggested earlier, giving it away for free with an event like the villa last year, which is now for sale for 15000 crowns. Effectively the house becomes a $150 incentive. Buy Elsweyr now for approx $30 (when it's on sale, as it was last year) and get a free $150 house with the event, which won't otherwise be available for over six months.

    I wasn't very keen on Summerset. Hate the Alinor housing style and furnishings and the psijic skill line is mostly garbage. But I did buy it during that event to get the villa. I don't love the house but didn't want to miss out on it, and I did love the mount at least.
  • mrsrobot
    mrsrobot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I hope its back at some point. I like it especially the outdoor moon area you teleport to. I was wondering what the heck would be possible to do with that area though. It was cool as it was though and could give more focus to furnishing the inside. I have to admit wondering whether to hold off because I knew something good would be coming later in the year (and I just got the psijic villa so not rich in crowns) . That's confirmed with moon sugar meadow and the wraithhome which I like both of.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Agreed, if that's the case.

    I don't put much stock in the t-shirt theory. If it was that they could always sell the home now and just say to the buyers - "Hey guys, there's going to be a delay with the shirts." That wouldn't cause riots.

    I think it's more likely the sale was cancelled due to low demand, which they'd have a good idea of based on things like forum feedback - which wasn't very positive - and player behaviour on the PTS. Number of previews, players actually furnishing it etc. Also youtube preview views and comments.

    I love it and all the Elsweyr housing and furniture but it wouldn't be to everyone's tastes and feedback here hasn't been great.

    There may be more value in not selling it now and instead as I suggested earlier, giving it away for free with an event like the villa last year, which is now for sale for 15000 crowns. Effectively the house becomes a $150 incentive. Buy Elsweyr now for approx $30 (when it's on sale, as it was last year) and get a free $150 house with the event, which won't otherwise be available for over six months.

    I wasn't very keen on Summerset. Hate the Alinor housing style and furnishings and the psijic skill line is mostly garbage. But I did buy it during that event to get the villa. I don't love the house but didn't want to miss out on it, and I did love the mount at least.

    If they are holding off because of some sense of low demand, then I can see them potentially using it as an incentive to purchase Elsweyr. However, not knowing any sales figures, of course, I suspect that Elsweyr is selling better than Summerset cuz necro, kitties, and dragons. Plus, we're already getting a free notable house with it. But, we'll see. Perhaps they felt that the community event last year was so successful that they want to do another one (or maybe need to if sales aren't what they were hoping for).

    Or, perhaps they took some of the criticisms to heart with this one and are planning to rework it so that there are rooms on the second floor.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really hoped to get this house personally. Sad to see it pulled imo.

    I'm a bit confused though, Faunters lists this as a large house? But everyone in this thread seems to imply it's a notable home not a large?
    Which is it exactly?
    Edited by Kittytravel on July 11, 2019 6:15PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    However, not knowing any sales figures, of course, I suspect that Elsweyr is selling better than Summerset cuz necro, kitties, and dragons.

    I'm delaying doing Elsqeyr cos I've finally given up on them ever fixing wardens and decided to go necro, which is so much better. Story is this game's biggest selling point and it's totally ruined by experiencing it out of order. So it'll be a while before I get there.

    Though when I have gone in to peek around the zone doesn't seem very busy.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Plus, we're already getting a free notable house with it.

    That's not true though, is it?

    We're getting part of a notable house for free. The rest we have to buy because it's locked in unreleased dungeon DLC.

    Only a tiny minority of players want to buy or play their dungeon DLC so they've resorted to epic bribery. First Haakvild and now this.

    We would surmise that not many people bit on the Haakvild lure and that's why we're getting a free sample.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nerouyn

    Interesting theory but must say I don’t agree.

    There has been a lot of interest shown in the house - yes, some voiced concerns about internal size, but others liked it as is.

    With them pulling the Elsweyr furniture pack also suggests something else.

    I don't think are holding it back as a possible community event again, to encourage people to buy Elsweyr, as that is what the Lunar Champion’s house is for.

    And dungeons are popular otherwise they would not bother to create them - and if ESO+ you get free access anyway. Think many did not bite on Haakvild as it was a badly designed house - that one really did have very little inside space - though know someone who created an epic maze in the courtyard bit.

    And Elsweyr not that busy? Really?! When & where do you play?! 🙂
    PS4 / EU

    It’s all utterly ridiculous.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    There has been a lot of interest shown in the house

    Fantasy.

    I like it but I'm definitely in the minority.
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    And dungeons are popular otherwise they would not bother to create them

    That's absurd.

    They create them because they're a developer wet dream - the fantasy that you can get players to repeat a ridiculously small amount of content ad infinitum and pay for the privilege.

    With the right reward schedule it'll snag some players but certainly not all. Especially if the content itself isn't fun - which ESO's dungeons aren't. Especially the DLC ones. Infamously so.

    Which is precisely why the hall requires you to complete one of those dungeons. "Cos story" is just their story. Everyone knows it's "cos we're desperate for people to buy and play our dungeons".
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how people were complaining about the poor design of the house saying it had just 2 square rooms and many more complaints and now that zos pulled it everyone seems to want to buy it. Maybe it's a sales tactic. 😆
  • Zoltan47
    Zoltan47
    Soul Shriven
    I am really disappointed.

    I was looking forward to the house for a long time.
    What I find bad is that there is no message whether the house will come soon or not, i dont know if i should buy another house, or wait for Jodes Embrace, or wait for the Moon sugar place.....

    Why cant you just tell us whats going on??
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

    There has been a lot of interest shown in the house

    Not on here there hasn't...

  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    However, not knowing any sales figures, of course, I suspect that Elsweyr is selling better than Summerset cuz necro, kitties, and dragons.

    I'm delaying doing Elsqeyr cos I've finally given up on them ever fixing wardens and decided to go necro, which is so much better. Story is this game's biggest selling point and it's totally ruined by experiencing it out of order. So it'll be a while before I get there.

    Though when I have gone in to peek around the zone doesn't seem very busy.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Plus, we're already getting a free notable house with it.

    That's not true though, is it?

    We're getting part of a notable house for free. The rest we have to buy because it's locked in unreleased dungeon DLC.

    Only a tiny minority of players want to buy or play their dungeon DLC so they've resorted to epic bribery. First Haakvild and now this.

    We would surmise that not many people bit on the Haakvild lure and that's why we're getting a free sample.

    But you still bought the chapter 'cuz necro. Doesn't matter if you're not doing Elsweyr yet - you paid for the chapter to play the class, so they got your money.

    And not busy? What? On both XB and PC NA, there are lots of players in Rimmen. Plus, lots of players always doing the dragon dailies. I guess it depends on what time of day you play.

    You have a point with the Lunar Champion Hall, that it requires additional purchase to unlock, or simply an active sub. But there is a difference between this and Haakvild's. With Haakvild's, you had to complete both dungeons on veteran. With the upcoming DLC, you just have to complete both dungeons on normal, and I'm sure there will be a lot of guilds out there offering normal dungeon runs.

    Regardless, just with Elsweyr, you get the first room and the first wing. Since I'm ESO+, I'll have access to it all, if I decide to do the dungeon one - but I saw a preview of that wing and wasn't that impressed.

    I just don't think it likely that we'll get a Summerfall-esque event with Elsweyr, but I'd love to be wrong! Getting Jode's Embrace for free would be nice, though I don't like it that well and certainly not well enough to buy it.
Sign In or Register to comment.