The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Material farming time

ms_sophysticated
What is the average time that you spend farming for materials in on day? And are mornings the ideal times or are night times better? All input is welcome.
Console/SERVER:PS4/NA
CHARACTER INFO:
mssophysticated-khajit-Stamina-Nightbliade

Best Answers

• cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Early morning always seems the best time lower population.
    Mainly go by foot everywhere so I can spot mats easily except cyrodiil do not farm in cyrodiil you won’t have a good experience 😜
    Answer ✓
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do u do that by chest farming?

I'm not sure if I understand your question... So if I don't address your question, please explain yourself...
    Regarding chests: I don't farm chests, I open those I find along the way to my destination. If I can spot them.
    If you're referring to survey reports, I get them from running daily writs daily with 8 chars.
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 9, 2019 3:57PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Answer ✓
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is the average time that you spend farming for materials in on day? And are mornings the ideal times or are night times better? All input is welcome.

I don't actively farm except when I am gathering surveys and that can take several hours to just get some.

I do stop all the time to pick up nodes I see, so I am sure that costs a lot of time overall.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a "farm time". Usually I just collect what I find along the way from my current location to my destination, sometimes I avoid using the wayshrines, specially during events where we've double resources from nodes. Farm time I'd consider the time I spent collecting the survey reports.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    You know what takes up a lot of my time? The guild banking system. 2+hours each day because its broke
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rsantijw13 wrote: »
    You know what takes up a lot of my time? The guild banking system. 2+hours each day because its broke

Off topic...
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Further note: Since I've researched all traits in all gear pieces, I relocated the skill points used on research to the keen eye.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am one who quests in this game, so I farm as I go from place to place. It takes a little longer to get there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ms_sophysticated
    I don't have a "farm time". Usually I just collect what I find along the way from my current location to my destination, sometimes I avoid using the wayshrines, specially during events where we've double resources from nodes. Farm time I'd consider the time I spent collecting the survey reports.

CHARACTER INFO:
  • ms_sophysticated
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am one who quests in this game, so I farm as I go from place to place. It takes a little longer to get there.

I too am setting out to be a pve conquer/crafting millionaire lol! I see these players with a crap ton of gold and they are selling stacks and stacks of mats and I’m like HOW IN THE HELLO KITTY DID YOU FIND THE TIME?
    CHARACTER INFO:
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Off topic...

True, but an important underlying issue that many refuse to recognize in their worship of that flawed system.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do you mean looking for locked chests or general looting of things? I almost always try to open locked chests I come across. Those usually happen when I am not looking for. I ran around one starting zone quite a bit a long while ago with the partial goal of finding those, but now I just take them as they come.

I usually loot every box I can as well, but I do get annoyed at times with how much time that takes and instead ignore things and head to my goal (usually a skyshard and boss of a delve).
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Off topic...

True, but an important underlying issue that many refuse to recognize in their worship of that flawed system.

Yeah but still off topic in a thread about farming mats.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Off topic...

Yeah but still off topic in a thread about farming mats.

Maybe it wouldn't get so many mentions if it wasn't so painful for many of us. :smile:
    PC
    PS4/PS5