Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[SUGGESTION/REQUEST]: Ayleid Style House

SoliasSerene
SoliasSerene
Soul Shriven
I would love to see a house become available in the Ayleid style - drawing on the Ayleid architecture seen in ruins dotted across Tamriel. Something as simple an entryway on the surface leading to a dwelling below. Just a suggestion.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly amazed that we haven't gotten an Ayleid ruin of some kind as a home. They're so generic and easy to cookie-cutter create, and so easy to plop almost anywhere. A lot of the stone Alinor furniture would look great in an Ayleid ruin, too! Ah, maybe one day!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a house become available in the Ayleid style - drawing on the Ayleid architecture seen in ruins dotted across Tamriel. Something as simple an entryway on the surface leading to a dwelling below. Just a suggestion.

I would love to see this or at least more Ayleid structural elements available as furnishings! The gates are lovely but there are archways and doors with a glowing tree engraved that would be awesome too! How about a large open property in Summerset or Auridon like Moon Sugar Meadow that comes with Ayleid ruins structural elements that you can keep, add to or completely remove if you want (again, like the Elsweyr buildings and structure pieces from Moon Sugar Meadow). That would be awesome! :love:
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if we were to get one I'd personally love it to be the same design as the Ayleid runes from the Library of Dusk in Coldharbour. The main entry room with the large ceilings and the nine offshoot rooms with the dipped down room would make it extremely versatile for anyone who wanted to decorate it or customize it I think. You could seal off the bottom portion with floors to make it one flat surface to build on or work around the innate structure itself.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be pretty fantastic! Here's hopin'!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I think we have enough 'ruin' style homes. I would love it if they managed to either excavate or discover a portal to a perfectly preserved Ayleid chamber. Nothing sprawling and huge. Some steps leading down to a main hall about the size of below with 3 or 4 samller chambers of each side to function as library, living, crafting areas etc
    x6ozyzsclfp1.png

Skyrim had some great mods for player homes in non-ruined Ayleid style
    uvw6bmzjy9m1.png

All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Personally I think we have enough 'ruin' style homes. I would love it if they managed to either excavate or discover a portal to a perfectly preserved Ayleid chamber. Nothing sprawling and huge. Some steps leading down to a main hall about the size of below with 3 or 4 samller chambers of each side to function as library, living, crafting areas etc
    x6ozyzsclfp1.png

Skyrim had some great mods for player homes in non-ruined Ayleid style
    uvw6bmzjy9m1.png

I can understand that, especially when that style has been prevalent in Elsweyr housing and ruined objects / debris that aren’t removable are generally I drawback in my opinion. That said, we haven’t had an Ayleid ruin! ;)

But I’d be perfectly happy with what you propose — maybe even prefer it — so long as it matched the Ayleid style presented in ESO, which I really like, especially the metal-work organic elements. :)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d love an Ayleid house too!

I don’t mind it being a ruin, a lot of them are mostly intact and only have a tilted pillar here and there. Some of them have lots of cool statues still standing. Of course, I would want the bookcases and benches and some Welkynd or Varla stones in place. I think with an unfurnished version it would be fair to include them. Probably asking too much, though.

After all, these structures can’t withstand time without some wear and tear. Even a perfectly sealed chamber would have the stone shifted from ground tremors and such.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go with the not-a-ruin Ayleid style. Too many ruins. And like, you're a furnisher. Just remake it with modern materials, same color same style -- i.e. if not a new house, then furnishing plans.
    Clean and bright for a change with no damp moss.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 4, 2019 7:28AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    I'm gonna go with the not-a-ruin Ayleid style. Too many ruins. And like, you're a furnisher. Just remake it with modern materials, same color same style -- i.e. if not a new house, then furnishing plans.
    Clean and bright for a change with no damp moss.

It will be best then if any ruin/ruined elements are removable to satisfy everyone! I wouldn’t want it to start off with “modern materials” although certainly, it will be great to see what each individual chooses to add. Lighting/brightness should also be up to each person and certainly the lighter stone facilitates bright lighting — I’ve seen astonishingly bright lighting in the Alinor Crest Townhouse, for instance. :) But the completely unfurnished state (or unlit) should be quite dark if it’s underground. No mold or moss though, no, and I don’t think I’ve seen organic decay in Ayleid ruins, perhaps in part because they are stone and metal but I think some ancient magic may keep most life away...