The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

5 Stages of Patch Note Grief

VaranisArano
VaranisArano
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Every time ZOS releases the Patch Notes for a new update, I'm very amused by the predictable cycle the Forum posts follow like clockwork. So rather than a Bingo post like I did for #Nerfmire, please enjoy the "5 (Forum) Stages of Patch Note Grief" for Scalebreaker!

Please note: this is not intended to encourage, endorse, dismiss or insult any of the following behavior, only to register my amusement at the predictability of our ESO forums. :lol:

stages-of-grief-forums.png
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your post does not exist...
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Accurate
  • TopKicks
    TopKicks
    haha, like it
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I think this was a good thing. Releasing the patch notes early I mean ..

People go through all the rage on the weekend and then can sit with a clear mind to test stuff out on monday.

So gj on the leakers! :tongue:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i haven't passed anger in the last year.

disgust belongs on that list, too.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I think this was a good thing. Releasing the patch notes early I mean ..

People go through all the rage on the weekend and then can sit with a clear mind to test stuff out on monday.

So gj on the leakers! :tongue:

It is almost as if it was intended to happen this way.. ;) *wraps up head and body too with tinfoil*

These massive changes feel like they were also planned for Elsweyr (and should have been a part of a chapter), but to be honest.. there would have been a lot of people who had done pre-order and then saw these and went to cancel their order. So now people already paid for Elsweyr and these can be included in.

:p

Edited by Moonsorrow on July 7, 2019 7:13PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This cannot be a more true description of what happens. In the end everyone just deals with it and keeps playing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed it:
    jKeiEeH.png
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed it:
    jKeiEeH.png

HAH! I love it!

:lol::cry:
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excellent! Most true!

(Thats for the op, not the slightly snarky change made to the op, just to be clear)
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the bottom line should read "WHY BOTHER?"
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I resigned to not give ZOS money since Nerfmire nothing has changed.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant!
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. I understand complaints about this or that but the fury that comes with some of these patch notes is bewildering.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too am here for the laughs, thanks for giving me yet one more.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will adapt.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I will adapt.
    giphy.gif
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha OP I <3 your post!
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, now I've REALLY fixed it.
    8j9wgJt.png
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I will adapt.
    giphy.gif

Thank you, I won't say I'm happy with all the changes, some I like others I despise. But I won't let it stop my from enjoying ESO.
    PvP needs more love.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went straight from Anger to Depression.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time ZOS releases the Patch Notes for a new update, I'm very amused by the predictable cycle the Forum posts follow like clockwork. So rather than a Bingo post like I did for #Nerfmire, please enjoy the "5 (Forum) Stages of Patch Note Grief" for Scalebreaker!

Please note: this is not intended to encourage, endorse, dismiss or insult any of the following behavior, only to register my amusement at the predictability of our ESO forums. :lol:

What a bunch of idiots. Do you ever know how many players left the game forever when shields change came? Once full pop AD & EP side now 90 percent empty most of the time. At least EP is night capping, but the population is a drastic decrease.
    Wait until the next game. This is the last game semi-successful game for ZOs mark my words. Many are playing only because they spent money on solid PVE content. Otherwise no one will give a ***. Some playing for streaming money.

What is the total population of PVP content? Barely 1000 on average? I see most are empty except CP monthly. The imperial city is totally empty. Has it ever got increased?
    That is the level of standard of this game PVP. Most max CP players in AD will leave forever for sure. Please ask ZOs for payment for this post. It's interesting, but the real fact is different.
    You cannot defeat the law of meritocracy and balance. ESO cannot stand like Wow or Final fantasy as an MMO which lasts more than a decade and still have some healthy population. In the long run, people lose out once reached max CP and enjoyed most PVE content. You cannot put a race and class behind a paywall. Its garbage BS. The game has to properly balance.

In ESO PVP is only AP farming. Everyone knows who will win the campaign even before it starts.

Coming to the PVP population I see a drastic fat decrease in the PVP population. Many PVP players switched to other games altogether, when shield changes came out. Just remember the player's names who played with you one year back. If you didn't see it then you are a liar. I do see it and felt it. Once I complete all PVE I will quit too. New expansions are not worth the money.

Also, ask ZOs for more money. Sometimes selling with lies is too difficult. You should be paid more. :D Already ZOs should have learned the lesson from fall out that no one is eagerly waiting for their games anymore. If not it's sad for them. It's sad how they went from nowhere to the top in last decade, now slowly becoming a laughing stock.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on July 7, 2019 11:47PM
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went straight from Anger to Depression.

Interesting. I went straight up to acceptance, without the anger.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup this is accurate I should know because I went through all stages with the nb changes and still playing nb like a boss 😎
    Edited by Deathlord92 on July 7, 2019 11:17PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, now I've REALLY fixed it.
    8j9wgJt.png

I laughed at your choice for transgression, but sadly, I was expecting something like "Repeated trips through this cycle often lead to creating one final insult-filled dumpster fire of a Quit thread on the forum, resulting in moderator action and numerous requests of "Can we have your stuff?"

Because that's also something that happens a lot around here. :frowning:
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 8, 2019 2:26AM
  • whteva4eva
    whteva4eva
    ✭✭
    I went straight to acceptance 😂
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's just upsetting to adapt so much every three months, but the cycle is so on point and I also find it so amusing, that I don't reeeeeally mind.

Besides, kids, never gold out your gear thinking it'll last you long! If you're a meta chaser and you're upset the Meta will flip, remember: you chase Meta because you want to! L2p!
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where´s the "I´ll just quit everything PvE unless its for farming gear or helping out Friends and fulltime PvP because thats what zos clearly intends for us to do and I have all pve titles, Skins etc. anyway" stage?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very true, but no acceptance here. I still complain about stupid *** they've done, or havent done, in the past. Not that I would quit over dumb changes, but I can at least call them out and give them *** for their dumb changes until they fix them.
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I laughed at your choice for transgression, but sadly, I was expecting something like "Repeated trips through this cycle often lead to creating one final insult-filled dumpster fire of a Quit thread on the forum, resulting in moderator action and numerous requests of "Can we have your stuff?"

Because that's also something that happens a lot around here. :frowning:

This post is a text based downvote in response to yours.