The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would a pay to play server work for improving pvp performance?

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
What if ZOS dedicated cyrodil access of a megaserver to only those who had a subscription and or those who buy access time with crowns? Thus Separating the player base. Would that help alleviate congestion? Could the extra proceeds go to improving performance?
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, and we shouldn't have to pay for that. We deserve better than what we're being given.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players don't want to be separated, or the 7 day/alternate camps wouldn't have a history of being underpopulated until the last one is the ghost town it is today. If players wanted to separate, they wouldn't be stacked 3 factions deep at a keep for lulz despite 3 second bar swaps and health desyncs.

Clearly a lot of people want large scale battles, and the game design rewards it. It just fails to deliver the performance.
  • Borelock762
    Borelock762
    ✭✭
    The base code is broken and bad, hence broken exploits every patch i.e dual weild infused procs, necro bash. Been that way since the original dev's left. Bad code with too many calculations including cp and proc sets means troubles forever. They will have to either rebuild code, or do away with cp and delete alot of stuff. By the sounds of next patch set of nerfs, they seem to be trying to eliminate some calculations at least. Kinda like just taking doors off resources because the cant fix it lol.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dream has always been for ZOS to spin off AvA as F2P PVP game with its own small dev team.

I think AvA is a poor fit with the rest of the game. I believe most performance issues could be solved at a gameplay level; this can't happen now because of the PVE side of the game.

Unfortunately, Zenimax is risk-adverse and just wants to milk this IP.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, never. Is not what i bought. And i Will never put an euro in this game again until classic bugs get fixed and lag returns to a level of "playable". I still didnt buy last 3 dlcs for that, and i won't do dont matter what they promise