Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO PC Playing with TV and Wireless Controller

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Any play ESO PC on TV with Wireless controller?

Now steam supports PS4 and Xbox wireless controllers, anyone play on TV and do you connect to TV via HDMI?
Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 6, 2019 4:25PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on a 4k TV with wireless mouse and keyboard. Don't think a controller has enough buttons for me. Connection is via HDMI, yeah. If your TV and GPU support it, DisplayPort may support higher frequency and colour depth than HDMI.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    I play on a 4k TV with wireless mouse and keyboard. Don't think a controller has enough buttons for me. Connection is via HDMI, yeah. If your TV and GPU support it, DisplayPort may support higher frequency and colour depth than HDMI.

Been using PS4 controller from long time so Key and Mouse or anything controller not work for me but thank you for information.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you want. Key board. Controller. Whatever, you feel comfrontable playing.

• ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have played this. I have a 43 inch 1080p tv and have used xbox and ipega controllers. Works great.

Are you playing on windows or are using playing i linux like i have? I use manjaro and linux for steam and steam play on an rx570 card using steam's implementation of wine and dxvk, or directx vulkan,

And just today i saw this article. https://www.pcgamesn.com/valve-amd-radeon-vulkan-linux-aco-compiler

What you want to avoid though is using a game streaming service though. I had a nvidia shield, and using their service i couldnt perform necessary functions like mounting a horse or rezzing a player because their overlay used those buttons and so you lost those functions while using a controller.

On the cheap, i got these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PMSQ6LM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They play a long time and they are rechargable over usb cable with no battery or stand to buy. Play one, charge the other. turbo button even. Decent enough for gaming on pc and mobile.
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steam even has a profile for switch controllers. but dont try using an aftermarket switch controller on pc or linux unless you have a very long usb-c cable because they wont pair and be recognized by steam for whatever reason.
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you have a specific question about this setup?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play on a Speak-n-Spell...
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on a Speak-n-Spell...

https://archive.org/details/hh_snspell
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you tried streaming via Nvidia Shield? will 2019 version coming out?

Is it working great?
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it working great?

What you want to avoid though is using a game streaming service though. I had a nvidia shield, and using their service i couldnt perform necessary functions like mounting a horse or rezzing a player because their overlay used those buttons and so you lost those functions while using a controller.

In addition to the problems above. You do not get the use of addons with a streaming service and so you have a limited console experience.
    Edited by ryzen_gamer_gal on July 6, 2019 7:12PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is it working great?

In addition to the problems above. You do not get the use of addons with a streaming service and so you have a limited console experience.

I will stick to HDMI and PS4 Controller (Wireless for steam) then
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only trouble I run into is slightly lower fps because the insanely high resolution I need to use to run at 4k. However I dont want a computermonitor ever again due the graphics quality.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh