The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Chests

Steel-256
Steel-256
✭✭✭
Personally I think the Master Chests found in dungeons,trials, and occasionally in open world should always contain gold items. Think its silly not to get them in the best chests in the game. What are you guys thoughts on the matter?
STEEL PURE MAN
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think master chests are a bit too common to always have gold items in them. When you are specifically chest farming at a very fast rate, you can get a master every 10 minutes or so. Maybe a bit faster than that. As much as I like being rewarded, it could be a bit too much if it were every time. Now maybe if there were at least a chance of a gold item, even a small chance, it could add to the "surprise mechanics" of master chests.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just wish they'd stop putting paintings in chests...
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gold items from master chests? No.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    Yea Gold Items from Master Chests! Or at least a high percentage, I opened one last night in a dungeon and got a blue rubedite dagger. Thats F'd Up
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • Kleemen
    Kleemen
    ✭✭
    A gold item would have to be incredibly rare, but yeah master chests should feel a bit more important. I'd be happy with just an increase in gold, 1,000g maybe.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think master chests are a bit too common to always have gold items in them. When you are specifically chest farming at a very fast rate, you can get a master every 10 minutes or so. Maybe a bit faster than that. As much as I like being rewarded, it could be a bit too much if it were every time. Now maybe if there were at least a chance of a gold item, even a small chance, it could add to the "surprise mechanics" of master chests.

Too common? I have only seen 1 or 2 in my 2/3rds of a year playing. I am not sure about your definition of common. Though I don't do many group dungeons, so perhaps that why I am not seeing them.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see them implement a chest "maturation" mechanic where chests spawn in (for example 90% - simple and 10% - intermediate) and, if not interacted with after a period of time, increase in rank until eventually ending up at master level.

I don't know what a good maturation interval would be. An hour seems too long; fifteen minutes too short. This would incentivize people to explore for chests in out of the way locations that might go hours between being looted, and disincentivize the hordes farming easy chest loops where master chests can spawn instantly with RNG.

Note: This would only apply to overland/delve chests. The current rules for chests in group dungeons/trials would still be in effect.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to see the chests spawn in dungeons after you have killed the last boss. Let them spawn up right behind him and let one be a master if you do it on hard mode. I dont know just hate having to comb the entire dungeon to find a chest.
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master chests should drop jewelry and weapons way more often and offer a minimum of 2 drops and 3 if you have treasure hunter
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Steel-256 We really need eyes open wide when going thru dungeons, some chests are well hidden...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    yea some chests are right there and most are not hard to find but why not just put them at the end when you kill the boss. Think its stupid
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    see below
    Edited by Viscous119 on July 19, 2019 1:03PM
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    Viscous119 wrote: »

You would be wrong on that. At level 12, I opened a master chest and got a gold bow with a level of 160 and a painting.
    and that was an overland chest.

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Too common? I have only seen 1 or 2 in my 2/3rds of a year playing. I am not sure about your definition of common. Though I don't do many group dungeons, so perhaps that why I am not seeing them.

They are pretty common. I ran into two of them casually farming bangkorai last night while waiting for my Cyrodil queue. In you 2/3rds of a year of playing, how often have you actually farmed chests? Because when players say they are too common for gold items, these players are farming specific chest location routes, where anywhere from 30+ chests can be farmed within 15 minutes or so. In that same Bangkorai route I farm, there are usually around 40 chests and it can be farmed in around 15-20 minutes.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭

You would be wrong on that. At level 12, I opened a master chest and got a gold bow with a level of 160 and a painting.
    and that was an overland chest.

Gold quality weapons and armour and rings do not drop in overland chests. Also, the only connection character level has with chest drops is if CP is in play for the treasure hunter passive.

Or maybe you're trolling. In that case, well-played. :)
    Edited by StytchFingal on July 19, 2019 1:46PM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree as it makes no sense that a chest that takes more practice to open or more skill as in get it open before timer runs out, should only hold a blue or purple. I don't see any master chests in nSS or are they only in Vet trials?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would need to be a new chest, maybe name it Sublime and make it super rare.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I totally agree as it makes no sense that a chest that takes more practice to open or more skill as in get it open before timer runs out, should only hold a blue or purple. I don't see any master chests in nSS or are they only in Vet trials?

They made the change a while back, can't remember the exact patch, that made it so normal dungeons/trials would only give simple and/or intermediate chests, while veteran dungeons/trials would only spawn advanced and/or master chests.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do feel Master chests should be buffed a bit. A lot of times I'll get advanced or intermediate chests that pay out better!