The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil - Unobtainable Elder Scroll

VDoom1
VDoom1
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone. :)

So I was visiting Yolnahkriin campaign earlier to do some PvE stuff. I noticed that one Elder Scroll, namely the scroll of Ni-Mohk was in the field south of Fort Aleswell and not moving. I figured that the runner is stuck, enemies and such. A while later the scroll still isn't moving....hmm. This started to puzzle me, and since the scroll originally belongs to my faction, DC, I figured I'd try and get it and get it back to our temple.

Though whatever happened during this scroll run...something went very wrong. I imagine a lot of players were angry and frustrated as hell when it went down. Why?

Because no one can get it!
EiKpBIx.jpg

I tried, you are dead before you get it. My character in that picture has almost 50k health, even more with the PvP boosts because DC had like the entire map at the time. And I could barely just touch it before the slaughterfish killed me.

This is one of those what the heck moments. It's a little bit funny because no one can get it. xD But it's also a bit annoying. I can only imagine the amount of people trying to get it, throwing themselves into the water to the slaughterfish jaws. Just one after another trying, with some healers on shore trying to heal the brave souls attempting to retrieve the scroll. Must have been quite the scene. xD

Though this makes me wonder, how will it get out of there? Will it reset back at the temple during the weekly reset? It's the 7 day standard campaign so I assume in a week it will just poof be back at the temple.
Edited by VDoom1 on July 3, 2019 10:47AM
We Fight For Cyrodiil.
We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
We fight for Tamriel!
CP 1200+
Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
Imperial Dragonknight
Khajiit Necromancer
Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
Guild - Priests Of Hircine
ESO Since 2014
PC - EU
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is a strategy to reset the scroll back to its last position, or the runner was intoxicated.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    It is a strategy to reset the scroll back to its last position, or the runner was intoxicated.

Ahh I see. Well I'd say it's a last resort then. "If we can't have it, no one can!"

But an intoxicated runner....that would be far more amusing. :lol::D
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

Generally it's the former, but in some instances it's a mixture of both