Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Visual Accessibility Help Needed

SadariTalen
SadariTalen
Soul Shriven
Hey Guys,
I've had some vision changes recently and need to see if there is a way to set up the UI to have bigger font in say the quest journal, guild pages, maps, etc (just like you can increase the font size in the chat window). Does anyone know of ANY way to do this?

Thank you all in advance for any tips and advise.
~Sadari
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC and this is what I'd try:

Settings
    Video
    Interface
    'Use Custom Scale' to On
    'Custom Scale' adjust slider to taste

Hope that helps.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The above is probably the direction to go. GL with your situation.
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer
    Soul Shriven
    First, I definitely feel your pain. I have old-arse eyeballs that don't see all that great anymore. ZOS's choice to use some of those stylized scripts on scrolls and books in some instances drives me nuts, as it's hard to read on its own, and compounded by the fact that it's usually a brownish "ink" on a slightly less brown parchment. Ugh.

On the off chance that you're on console, there are some accessibility features that do help somewhat. On the PS4, if you turn on the magnifier under Settings > Accessibility, you can hit the PlayStation button + square to enlarge the screen, and use the sticks to pan around the screen. Circle will exit mag mode and return you to the regular game screen.

XBox has something similar, I think it's accessed by the XBox button and is an option on the context screen that pops up.

Hope this helps.
    Tim the StarGeezer
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer
    Soul Shriven
    Oh great, you can't go back and edit your own posts. I see how it is... :|

I should clarify, you press and hold the XBox button for the context menu to pop up.
    Tim the StarGeezer
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StarGeezer wrote: »
    Oh great, you can't go back and edit your own posts. I see how it is... :|

I should clarify, you press and hold the XBox button for the context menu to pop up.

You can edit your posts but you have to leave the thread first. Like go back to the Helping Players index and open this thread up again. Then you'll have a little gear thing in the upper right corner of you post when you hover your cursor over the post# and time - you can use that to edit. It 'broke' some time ago and I've been having to use that workaround for some time now.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on July 5, 2019 11:18AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo