The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not Getting Woodworking Surveys

Ardaghion
Ardaghion
✭✭✭
This might just be poor RNG for me but I haven't gotten any woodworking surveys since after the 5 year celebration event in April. I have 2 crafting characters and during the event I earned quite a few surveys but I collected them in the weeks following the event.

The weird thing is neither character has received any woodworking surveys since, I have received other surveys but not woodworking. I'm wondering if anyone else has noted a lack of woodworking surveys, especially since the fix to double survey drops, which I only saw once, or a lower rate of woodworking or other surveys.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    This might just be poor RNG for me but I haven't gotten any woodworking surveys since after the 5 year celebration event in April. I have 2 crafting characters and during the event I earned quite a few surveys but I collected them in the weeks following the event.

The weird thing is neither character has received any woodworking surveys since, I have received other surveys but not woodworking. I'm wondering if anyone else has noted a lack of woodworking surveys, especially since the fix to double survey drops, which I only saw once, or a lower rate of woodworking or other surveys.

I've not seen any reduction in woodworking surveys myself. I have 36 characters that do writs. 18 on an account with Elsweyr, 18 on an account without... both are still getting them in roughly the normal ratios.

Seems like bad RNG... sorry :(
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do 18 toons worth every day and haven't noticed a reduction. Seems like bad RNG.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Ardaghion wrote: »

I've not seen any reduction in woodworking surveys myself. I have 36 characters that do writs. 18 on an account with Elsweyr, 18 on an account without... both are still getting them in roughly the normal ratios.

Seems like bad RNG... sorry :(

Both of my crafters do daily crafting writs at the top level on blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking and jewelry. One has only 2 skill points each in alchemy, enchanting and provisioning. I wonder if that could impact the RNG a bit at least on her.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I do 18 toons worth every day and haven't noticed a reduction. Seems like bad RNG.

Could be bad RNG but I'm sure I haven't seen one in at least a month. I'll keep an eye on how many woodworking surveys I get but I don't know what the "normal" drop rate would be or what other factors, if any, affect the drop rate.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you keeping up with your full purple motif styles learned, @Ardaghion?

Full purple motifs learned are a positive modifier for equipment master writ drops (including woodworking).

EDIT: OP isn’t getting surveys ... not master writs.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 3, 2019 3:44AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bad rng really. Drop ratio for me seems to be pretty similar to what happened before. Crafting daily writs with 8 chars here.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP