The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Multicraft for All!!!

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It existed in form of an addon for so long, finally they are adding to the base game!

hopefully it's even better than the add-on. From the text.. it sounds like if you want 100 spell power pots, select to make 25 sets, and BOOM! they're all done!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part of me questions whether or not it will be "instant crafting" or it will be like the add on's where you can just queue stuff to auto craft.

• Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Multiclass :disappointed:
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They managed to put in a feature that has been around for over 3 years on PC, thats what I call progress.
    Good thing there are no mentions at all regarding performance, at least we got those insane QOL updates. /s
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like i'll need 1 addon less soon.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    34tvil.jpg
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took them 5+ years to incorporate what a simple addon has done for about as long. Wanna bet that they botch it anyway ?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I am wondering how many things they'll mess up in the procces of making that one thing to work.

Sadly this happens all to often. Oddly, when I have seen devs mess something up in another game they tend to fix it much faster. With Zos it can take years such as with the GF. It is a management issue.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Part of me questions whether or not it will be "instant crafting" or it will be like the add on's where you can just queue stuff to auto craft.

Either way it would still be an improvement. Fewer clicks are always an improvement imo.

And totally random theory, maybe this is the beginning of implementing several of those functions that PC players consider crucial and that presently only exists in add-on form to the core game. Who knows, it may end up giving better performance even, though that's going to take a while.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks Zos for listening to the console community.

Next on our list. A more advanced dot/buff tracker please
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oliwaltony wrote: »
    what is the source?

This is a question that has been asked for over 5000 years

:#

• Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I am wondering how many things they'll mess up in the procces of making that one thing to work.

Inb4 every single major QoL crafting addon ends up broken for a long time or needs to be rewritten... Or ends up like certain trader addons, aka done for.

While it's nice to hear they're finally adding something that should have been in the bloody base game to begin with, there's only fear. Every time they 'add something positive' they break a ton of *** in the process. I hope that isn't the case this time around, but their track record says otherwise........ And if it costs those QoL crafting mods? /uninstall.

P.S: Who wants to bet you have a que limit that's tied to ESO+ or the crown store in some way? :D:#:s:'(
    Edited by Numerikuu on July 3, 2019 11:13AM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    right...we the pc players have no use for such things...cuz we had some hardworking addon makers who made it happen shortly after game launch...so yeah took zos 5 years to make their own? really? just implement the damn addon and get over it.

If it's true "bulk crafting" that is still a solid QoL improvement for PC. It's enormous for console.

my point is that THIS shouldn't had been an addon it should had been in the game from day 1 or at least zos implement the addon asap...but its easy to just let modders work for free instead of them...sure for consoles its a big deal...now if they would only upgrade their hamster servers to otter-servers and maybe...just maybe turn the whole thing into 1 combine world like cross platform/server? as ESO was planned to be in the beginning instead of just separating the players...seriously
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an addon on minion that allows you to multi craft items or refine as many items as you tell it too....this looks suspiciously like that addon.
    Edited by wishlist14 on July 3, 2019 11:22AM
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    AMAZING! I love when addon functionality gets implemented into the game.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pathetic: ZOS is trying to sell the basic feature of multi-crafting, which should've been present when ESO launched, as a feature of a new update.

I can already imagine other upcoming features like "fully-working dungeon finder" or "being able to automatically fetch items from multiple mails".
    Edited by daedalusAI on July 3, 2019 11:44AM
  • DonutEnigma
    DonutEnigma
    Soul Shriven
    So I got an ESOUI comment in my email that warranted I look into this.

As the original developer of the MultiCraft addon I can say that I am beyond excited that something I made is being implemented in the base game. Since addons only work on PC, this is a great thing for console players. And since it's in the base game code, they can make it work much more efficiently than the addon.

While I don't play anymore, and haven't for quite a long time, I have always kept tabs on how things are going with the addon. I am glad that I have made many players lives easier and that now, even more players will be able to use this QOL improvement.

Thank you ZeniMax.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »

@bmnoble And here's your answer, it will be actual instant crafting.