Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Shepherd of Rot 2.0 - Scalebreaker

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Shepherd of Rot 2.0
nvcmtf.png

Stamina Necromancer, No CP Archer Build updated for Scalebreaker

Set Choices:
Daedric Trickery x3/x5; backbar weapon
Engine Guardian x2
Tzogvin's Warband x5
Shacklebreaker Bow (Or any special bow of preference such as Masters)

x6 Medium, x1 Heavy; All Impenetrable, All Max Stamina Glyphs

Jewelry:
Infused x1 with Stamina Regen Glyph
Robust x1 with Weapon Damage Glyph
Bloodthirsty x1 with Stamina Regen Glyph

Weapons:
Bow; nirnhoned, stamina drain poison
2h Sword nirnhoned, absorb stamina enchantment

Consumables:
Weapon Crit Pots (Important) I use the immovable + stamina + weapon crit
Spring-Loaded Infusion or any Tri Stat Food

Mundus:
Shadow

Race:
Dunmer or Khajiit are my preferred choices

Abilities:
Bow: Poison Injection, Blighted Blastbones, Lethal Arrow, Resolving Vigor, Detonating Siphon; ultimate: Pestilent Colossus
2h: Skeletal Archer, Summoner's Armor, Spirit Guardian, Rally, Race Against Time, Werewolf Berserker (Passive Stam Regen only)

After Scalebreaker the older version became incredibly tanky with a ton of over healing along with lessened damage. I decided an offensive set was necessary which meant hunt leader had to go. This also called for changing shadowrend.

Tzogvin's Warband was the set I decided to use once the idea started revolving around crit damage and a pseudo execute via passives. The poison, the enchantments, and infused trait are there for maximizing sustain.

Engine Guardian was picked because I wanted a sustain set and after toying around with x2 Regen set pieces I figured EG was the better choice. I currently do not LoS with it as I'm not that experienced with it yet. But it becomes another useful advantage for an Archer.

I still find daedric Trickery to be a superb set, giving me very strong buffs on demand.

Original 1.0 Build Follows
Gameplay Video
https://youtu.be/WU1sQuZ7IPU
You Should Watch it for the Music at Least

No Cp BG build for stamina necromancer

Its Gonna Look Crazy
Set Choices:
Hunt Leader
Daedric Trickery
Shadowrend

So I know that this looks like I just picked some random sets out of a hat; however, give me a chance to explain.

Hunt Leader - the set bonus are solid and with a reliable way of triggering the set, it provides essentially 480 stamina regen and 520 health regen that won’t be negated because of block. With the necromancer toolkit, there’s easy ways to ensure maximum uptime. Arguably one of the best stamina sustain sets in the game right now.

Shadowrend - this pairs nicely with Hunt Leader, attacking an enemy attacking you is more than likely going to trigger HL. The other important reason of running shadowrend - aside from the nice passive damage - is the minor maim. With new mitigation calculations minor maim is a survivability set I couldn’t pass up. Side note: I do know necromancer already has access to this debuff however the cost and the effectiveness just isn’t to par and shadowrend synergies well with HL.

Daedric Trickery - one of if not the most overlooked - and powerful - defensive set in game. Access to Major Protection is probably the most important mitigation factor in BGs today. The value of Major Expedition has skyrocketed ever since the duration nerfs and this set still has access to the 10 sec uptime. Major Mending and Major Vitality are not native to necromancer and also substantially increase survivability. With the set being able to be back barred and reserved for when most needed, the 10 sec cool down is hardly felt. In my personal opinion, one of the strongest sets currently in game and most unnoticed.

In my opinion the strongest defenses now pair maim with major protection.

No CP buffed Stats
2a94hls.png

Food - Tri Stat Purple Food

7 Medium Armor pieces - preferably all impenetrable - I however haven’t been able to transmute all of items yet, and will have lower than desired critical resistance in the character sheet screen shot.

Jewelry - x3 Swift - Speed is King in BGs - not all of my jewelry is upgraded so I’m missing some percentage points in speed.

Mundus - Steed - Speed is definitely King, and the added health regen when paired with Hunt Leader make for a substantial amount of passive healing.

Bow Main Bar
I do not have any special trial etc bows, so I have a nirnhoned gold shackle breaker bow slotted. The additional weapon damage, especially after buffs, outshines an Agility bow.

Poison Injection, Lethal Arrow, Resolving Vigor, Draining Shot, Blighted Blastbones ultimate Pestilent Colossus

2H Backbar
Daedric Trickery 2H nirnhoned - nirnhoned on both to maximize heals and damage both.

Rally, Skeletal Archer, Summoner’s Armor, Race Against Time, Spirit Guardian, ultimate Werewolf

The werewolf ultimate is slotted purely for the passive stamina regen. Another option would be Undo for the passives.

Skeletal Archer provides a modest amount of damage, but more importantly attacks the closest enemy. When paired with Shadowrend the Hunt Leader has the maximum amount of uptime.

A strong component I forgot to mention is the combination of major and minor defile via Blastbones and lethal arrow, this gives approximately 41% healing reduction (diminishing returns)

This build has been a lot of fun and I was holding off for a while before I wanted to post it, but I figured now is as good of time as any. Thank you for checking it out :) I appreciate it. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post!

Special thanks to: @Minno @wheem_ESO @Iskiab @Insco851 @brandonv516 @katorga @Neloth @Noctus @InvictusApollo @DokThor90 @ChunkyCat @Moonsorrow @Jimmy_The_Fixer
Edited by Waffennacht on September 7, 2019 6:44PM
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done as always (btw i saw nonpoint circa 2002 and they perfectly slayed. Opened for sevendust)
    Edited by Metemsycosis on July 2, 2019 3:17AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting loadout.

I'm wondering about Daedric Trickery though - when it came out I thought it would be a cool set but upon testing it required that you stay on the bar with the 5pc active for a full 10 seconds before a buff would proc. Did they change it?

Hunt Leader seems like a solid choice for Necro. Shadowrend I think is a good option only because of your pairing with HL, otherwise maybe not since it loses effectiveness vs multiple enemies.

The only thing I'd suggest you try is moving Vigor to the back bar and adding Acid Spray - it's super good vs nightblades and roll spammers in general.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done as always (btw i saw nonpoint circa 2002 and they perfectly slayed. Opened for sevendust)

Ohhhhh I'm so jealous right now and ty
    Solariken wrote: »
    Interesting loadout.

I'm wondering about Daedric Trickery though - when it came out I thought it would be a cool set but upon testing it required that you stay on the bar with the 5pc active for a full 10 seconds before a buff would proc. Did they change it?

Hunt Leader seems like a solid choice for Necro. Shadowrend I think is a good option only because of your pairing with HL, otherwise maybe not since it loses effectiveness vs multiple enemies.

The only thing I'd suggest you try is moving Vigor to the back bar and adding Acid Spray - it's super good vs nightblades and roll spammers in general.

They did change it so it works as it should have now. And that acid spray is a pretty keen idea against nbs. As is I only have detect pots, something to consider, ty :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice build I’ll check it out, I’m not sure why I got a special thanks.

I think you must have killed me a couple times in the video but I missed it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you have less than 1000 crit resist when you get 1806 for free with impen traits? With7 medium that leaves you vulnerable to getting 1-shot by a coordinated ult-dump (assuming you’re building for BGs), heck even a single player’s burst might be a enough to knock you down the with 16k buffed resists and 20k hp.

Offensively, your strongest tool is stacked major and minor defile from snipe and blastbones, that might be worth mentioning in your writeup.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on July 2, 2019 3:53AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you have less than 1000 crit resist when you get 1806 for free with impen traits? With7 medium that leaves you vulnerable to getting 1-shot by a coordinated ult-dump (assuming you’re building for BGs), heck even a single player’s burst might be a enough to knock you down the with 16k buffed resists and 20k hp.

Offensively, your strongest tool is stacked major and minor defile from snipe and blastbones, that might be worth mentioning in your writeup.

The impen is because my hunt leader hasn't been transmuted yet, same with the helm lol.

I'll add the other bit, ty that is important to mention
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Nice build I’ll check it out, I’m not sure why I got a special thanks.

I think you must have killed me a couple times in the video but I missed it.

Lol because you were a frequent contributor to my threads that lead up to this build @Iskiab lol
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 2, 2019 4:33AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Super fresh ideas and quite lovely to see hunt leader beeing of use. I remember having gold jewelry from my inferno staff farm time that I never could use :'D
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were blastbones ninja fixed this patch? They seem to get lost less often now, at least at BGs
    Edited by Neloth on July 2, 2019 8:15AM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, now this is a nice build! :)

And finally someone else who uses Trickery too, after it was fixed to have equal chance to all of the buffs, it has been awesome. While rng on the buffs, they all been nice when using on a class that got use for most of them. I have 2 full sets of Daedric Trickery all upgraded to golden tier, tells that i like it or would not had spend the mats. ;)

Not using it currently on my stamcro though, but tested and it worked well. Using 2 special weapons currently with 3p Agility and secretsauce 5p set (medium). :p 2x Swift and 1x Infused weapon damage.

The rng of DT set brings bit of a fun challenge, and nice & reactive play around it, when the speed buff pops up do fast moves in and out, when protection can extend some aggressive play while its on, the healing buffs help taking pressure too. Super good set when play at the stage that feel not needing something permanent like Impregnable static buff set and so on. Makes playing fun and a bit chaotic. Some might not like it. But when it works, it really works.

Would not use if relatively new player though, better to have a solid gameplay before using rng set like this so that can enjoy the randomness of it and be able to use the buffs fast when see what you get this time or have them just cycle on the background and all you get is just a bonus kind of feeling.

Other sets fit perfectly to your gameplay too. Shadowrend has really high uptime when taking any sort of pressure and thats when it comes handy. Maim and extra damage all adds up. And HL with it is a fun and effective pick.

Medium builds rock, been going medium too on pretty much all of my stam setups, it just feels so much more rewarding playstyle than the tank path. I love bow playstyle on my stamcro, needs the 2h for brutality obviously.. might try bow/bow soon with Weapon power pots though because have a funny idea on mind.

Using Blackrose Prison bow on my stamcro currently. It feels like a perfect match for it. The extra dot from it when using Draining shot to stun/heal has nice synergy with all the other dots. Pressure grows fast and opponents end up on the defensive fast. Seeing it often doing killing blows when it ticks there with Poison Injection, double dot poison and so on. I really, really like the the dot playstyle with stamcro. Asylum 2H axe on other bar. Maul would give pen.. but i am using 2h ulti so it does not need pen, but the extra bleed comes handy for my setup and playstyle. Still, bow bar is my enjoyment on that setup.. dot up the target, pressure and wait up for right moment then Draining shot stun comboed with the colossus ulti banging them do death = profit. When that combo with dots ticking goes smooth, damn it feels good. o:)

And of course 2h ulti too as a choice, Crit Rush in and smash to the head with 2h ulti, execute spam until enemy is watching death recap. And with Asylum 2h giving extra ultimate gain from Reverse Slice, next Colossus is up fast, or 2h ulti.. sweet to have both as option on different situations. Colossus is awesome for many reasons and crit hits from it hit like a truck. Well placed hit from it to a tightly stacked enemy group can be a gamechanger in the situation. Love it on flags and so on. Not work so good at Cyro open world out in the open against mobile enemies with snare removal, but thats why i got Crit rush/2h ulti for those situations. :joy: Works at bgs perfectly imo. Blood Spawn a bit boring, but yeah using it on my setup.

But yeah, playing stamcro with speedy style is so much fun, and efficient after some getting used to.. So rewarding when it starts to go smooth. :)

Enjoyed to read and watch your build, please do more of these soon!

@Waffennacht Awesome job with this. Fun, efficient & fresh! 10/10 :)

Edited by Moonsorrow on July 2, 2019 8:31AM
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I wish I didn't just decon all my gold hunt leader jewls :neutral:

Interesting build tho I will give this a try when I flip my necro to Stam soon
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With new mitigation calculations minor maim is a survivability set I couldn’t pass up.

What new mitigation calculations?

Is this something new since the last posts to the "mitigation explained UPDATED FOR MURKMIRE" thread from 2018?

Updated per your comment below, cool thanks, I found the posts and understand how minor maim is working now.
    Edited by katorga on July 2, 2019 3:59PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @katorga yeah, I'd look into @Minno 's posts about it currently. He's working with @paulsimonps afaik. But @Minno 's sent me plenty of data and had him simplify it for me
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice! I have been thinking about using The Hunt Leader Set on Necromancer, but for different applications.

I keep looking at that daedric trickery set wandering how useful it would be. Looks like you found it!
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Medium builds rock, been going medium too on pretty much all of my stam setups, it just feels so much more rewarding playstyle than the tank path. I love bow playstyle on my stamcro, needs the 2h for brutality obviously.. might try bow/bow soon with Weapon power pots though because have a funny idea on mind.

I keep coming back to the easy access to major protection and the 10% damage reduction from the pet. There is nothing that completely counters it - and should allow you to be tanky while keeping the medium passives. In practice I think the stamDK or stamNB kit is more effective.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

I keep coming back to the easy access to major protection and the 10% damage reduction from the pet. There is nothing that completely counters it - and should allow you to be tanky while keeping the medium passives. In practice I think the stamDK or stamNB kit is more effective.

One of the reasons the build exists is because I thought it ironic Stam necro has a better pet build than mag necro lol

I don't like comparing classes because if you start doing that, you'll start limiting yourself to the best classes only
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One of the reasons the build exists is because I thought it ironic Stam necro has a better pet build than mag necro lol

I don't like comparing classes because if you start doing that, you'll start limiting yourself to the best classes only

Comparison was more big damage mitigation buffs vs big healing buffs vs a class with a little bit of both. Even though you can directly counter stamDK healing buffs with a necro, it still seems stronger than damage mitigation, to me at least.

It is fun to have a stam pet class. It might be fun to dig up the morkuldin set to, for the physical dmg sword pet.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Comparison was more big damage mitigation buffs vs big healing buffs vs a class with a little bit of both. Even though you can directly counter stamDK healing buffs with a necro, it still seems stronger than damage mitigation, to me at least.

It is fun to have a stam pet class. It might be fun to dig up the morkuldin set to, for the physical dmg sword pet.

Unfortunately Mork is bugged. After hours of testing it has a 1% proc chance on LA/HA and not 10%. Even @RouDeR has a thread about it
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unfortunately Mork is bugged. After hours of testing it has a 1% proc chance on LA/HA and not 10%. Even @RouDeR has a thread about it

Gotta love this game.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With new mitigation calculations minor maim is a survivability set I couldn’t pass up.

Is this something new since the last posts to the "mitigation explained UPDATED FOR MURKMIRE" thread from 2018?

Updated per your comment below, cool thanks, I found the posts and understand how minor maim is working now.

It's going to be updated once Paul finalizes testing. He's doing the bulk, I'm just trying to make sure people don't overnerf something they don't fully understand.

Vulnerability now subtracting from your percentage based mitigation. So major protection, against minor Vulnerability debuff, means 30% is actually 22% now. If you are a vampire against a magDK running engulfing flames, your major protection is 100% removed from the mitigation calculation.

Maim has been tested to actually be the first thing that reduces DMG. It's not true DMG Mitigation, but you apply a debuff to your target that makes their and reduced by 15%. It also ignores the vulnerability subtraction rule mentioned above for that reason. Confusing I know; ESO isn't easy. That means get minor main without losing a 5pc set.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

It's going to be updated once Paul finalizes testing. He's doing the bulk, I'm just trying to make sure people don't overnerf something they don't fully understand.

Vulnerability now subtracting from your percentage based mitigation. So major protection, against minor Vulnerability debuff, means 30% is actually 22% now. If you are a vampire against a magDK running engulfing flames, your major protection is 100% removed from the mitigation calculation.

Maim has been tested to actually be the first thing that reduces DMG. It's not true DMG Mitigation, but you apply a debuff to your target that makes their and reduced by 15%. It also ignores the vulnerability subtraction rule mentioned above for that reason. Confusing I know; ESO isn't easy. That means get minor main without losing a 5pc set.

Subtracting the 8% from major protection rather than multiplying it would make it worse, not better.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Subtracting the 8% from major protection rather than multiplying it would make it worse, not better.

Let's take 1000 damage

1000-30%=700 now the additional 8% from vulnerability to Target with major protection takes 756 damage

If the 8% is taken from the major protection making it 22% instead of 30 the math is

1000 -22% = the target takes 780 damage

So from the perspective of the damage dealer vulnerability coming directly off of major protection makes the target take more damage and is therefore preferred or "better"
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Let's take 1000 damage

1000-30%=700 now the additional 8% from vulnerability to Target with major protection takes 756 damage

If the 8% is taken from the major protection making it 22% instead of 30 the math is

1000 -22% = the target takes 780 damage

So from the perspective of the damage dealer vulnerability coming directly off of major protection makes the target take more damage and is therefore preferred or "better"

^this.

The math might suggest a buff for the protection user, but it results in more of a nerf for running it. Because you have to trade off on either a set bonus or a GCD from casting a skill. Better off stacking resistance, running block and then letting your heals boost dmg away than to run % based mitigation in a vulnerability meta.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting. I like it.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a nice build, I’m playing something similar myself from time to time.

Next patch it should be even better, since:

1) blastbones are improved a bit
    2) shuffle is buffed and going to replace RAT on my bar
    3) since shuffle is buffed, I may use armor master back bar as a defensive set (idk about it vs trickery though)
    4) soul trap dot is introduced, so I may replace skeletal archer with it, drop hunt leader for bone pirate, and for monster will use minor berserk set

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    This is a nice build, I’m playing something similar myself from time to time.

Next patch it should be even better, since:

1) blastbones are improved a bit
    2) shuffle is buffed and going to replace RAT on my bar
    3) since shuffle is buffed, I may use armor master back bar as a defensive set (idk about it vs trickery though)
    4) soul trap dot is introduced, so I may replace skeletal archer with it, drop hunt leader for bone pirate, and for monster will use minor berserk set

I'm also looking forward to a good chunk of changes; I'm gonna wait for the final pts before I really focus on changing things. And things will be changing.

Ty for all the responses everyone :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I updated the written portion of the build. I'll be creating a gameplay video soon. Just been busy.

I also wanted to add that this particular version was inspired by a similar Stam Sorc build and I'll mention that person once I go find them and their thread.

Thoughts about the patch and changes made for Stam necro: I'm assuming the tweaks to vigor, rally, necro pets and maybe the meta have made for a tankier necro. Oh and because I mentioned meta it made me think about the necromancers' passive about DoT reduction.

Combine that passive (8 or 10% iirc - not gonna look it up atm just chatting) with the necro pet (10% reduction) major protection... What passively 40ishsomething% dot damage reduction without including any armor resistance? Seems pretty good .

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts about anything lol
    Edited by Waffennacht on September 8, 2019 4:30AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds