Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

All those monkeys on the Grahtwood roads -- should mounts be able to make roadkill

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Make roadkill of 1 HP critters. So I don't have to get off my mount and smack them one at a time.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0e3.png
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol that would be funny. What if the critters when hit by a mount running flew up into the air like how the Mad Tinkerer Set does it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S9uXryTYoA&t=2m20s
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that would be funny as! and somewhat accurate...I mean the highways in Montana and Wyoming are slick with poor little smushed prairie dogs so hey, why not!! :P
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As funny as this is, please leave the critters be for us slow folks. We like watching the scenery, not your roadkill.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're a horrible person! However yes, this would be fun, which makes me a horrible person too.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only if it gives a bounty for leaving the accidentscenery before the guards arrive...and a hefty one ofc like 1000gold for fleeing the scene :trollface:

na srsly, this doesnt need to be in the game, as if the monkeys would be stupid enough to not see, hear or sense the mounts riding towards them.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one delve in Elsweyr known in Clan Claws as 'the monkey dungeon'. If we get that one in our shared daily quests then all you can hear is the sound of monkey after monkey being murdered by Shnurr ..

He never misses.

Not one.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    na srsly, this doesnt need to be in the game, as if the monkeys would be stupid enough to not see, hear or sense the mounts riding towards them.

I kill three of them and the rest still hang around. So no, the monkeys in this game are dumber than the deer that actually hop away when you get close.

And it's not like you can't kill them normally. You just can't use your AOE powers on 1 HP critters at the moment.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Make roadkill of 1 HP critters. So I don't have to get off my mount and smack them one at a time.

IDK... the Green Pact is strong there....
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a "splat" effect for flappy pets when I barrel into them on my horse at high speeds as well and you've got yourself a deal. I'll go flappy flap hunting for hours at a time if this is added.
  • Noblis01
    Noblis01
    ✭✭✭
    This is a horrible, horrible idea. Roadkill ! This means you just watch the cute, dead critters and ride away.
    I suggest ...
    Stop and loot those monkeys.
    They drop white meat and bananas. Sell those for coin or craft food.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

IDK... the Green Pact is strong there....

Eating bananas dropped by monkeys is legit because the monkeys already picked the bananas.
    It's like that quest where the Green Pact adherent alchemist explains it's legit to use fallen leaves for alchemy because he didn't harm the plant per se.
    Noblis01 wrote: »
    This is a horrible, horrible idea. Roadkill ! This means you just watch the cute, dead critters and ride away.
    I suggest ...
    Stop and loot those monkeys.
    They drop white meat and bananas. Sell those for coin or craft food.

Absolutely. Being able to roadkill critters = harvesting bananas faster.

I can see an implementation where sprinting your mount gives it a small AOE around it that inflicts 1 HP. If you do it in town and it a townsperson of course you get a bounty for assault.
    You can avoid all roadkill of animals or persons by turning on the option to not harm innocents.
    Add a "splat" effect for flappy pets when I barrel into them on my horse at high speeds as well and you've got yourself a deal. I'll go flappy flap hunting for hours at a time if this is added.

Hmm I hadn't considered the need for bugscreens if you run through wasps and fleshflies and such...
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    As funny as this is, please leave the critters be for us slow folks. We like watching the scenery, not your roadkill.

You can watch the off-road ones, who are smarter than monkeys insisting on camping in the middle of the road.
    Trust me, no one's gonna use the ability to roadkill unless the critters are packed close together because maneuvering your mount to hit a couple spread wide apart is more of a pain in the arse than getting off your horse and shooting them. Roadkill is only efficient when they camp in the middle of the road clumped fairly close together. Like Grahtwood monkeys.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 4, 2019 4:05AM
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    save the bananas; kill the monkeys!
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne
    ✭✭✭
    sad-monkey-savannah-gibbs.jpg